Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goals on Sunday is just about to cost me a new TV

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
Fecking "Pardews" on there. :(

Comments

• Try having to watch donkey Dowie on soccer saturday commentating on the charlton game yesterday
  • yep what a toss of a w/e for Football on tv. Dowie and his amazing one man gurning show on Saturday and Alan teflon Parboo on Sunday. Feck em ! I mean i wasnt even allowed to watch my own countries team play a World Cup Qualifier on TV...could watch the spud munchers though...FUCK RIGHT OFF !!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]yep what a toss of a w/e for Football on tv. Dowie and his amazing one man gurning show on Saturday and Alan teflon Parboo on Sunday. Feck em ! I mean i wasnt even allowed to watch my own countries team play a World Cup Qualifier on TV...could watch the spud munchers though...FUCK RIGHT OFF !!!!

Glad you read yesterdays programme about "Bad Language"...........
  • [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Try having to watch donkey Dowie on soccer saturday commentating on the charlton game yesterday

Did you notice how he got Randolph and Elliot confused? Little excuse given one is balck and the other white, but he bleedin' managed the pair of them! Absolute prize prat that man.
  • I think that tossrag often used to get confused when it came to team selections. That's why we are in league 1!
  • Just when you think its over Colin turns up on the football :(
  • Ben Shepherd is presenting it !?!?!....what's all that about?
  • Isn't this programme supposed to show goals? [Clue: "Goals on Sunday"]
    They've spent almost the ENTIRE second half of the show taking part in a mutual cock-sucking exercise.
    In a 90 minute programme:
    15 minutes on the Championship (actual football)
    15 minutes on the england squad
    15 minutes on Chris Hughton
    1 minute of Southampton v Plymouth (actual football, but a game that was broadcast live yesterday) leading to
    10 minutes of Peter Reid being "funny"
    15 minutes on Tony Pulis
    The rest was adverts.
    No other League 1 or 2 action. At all.

Fucking dreadful.
  • [cite]Posted By: lordromford[/cite]
    Fucking dreadful.

You just wait until the Prem season kicks in next week!
    Even the Championship won't get a mention.

NB: It's just a media circus in the UK, pandering to the Sky 4.
    I'm surprised supporters of 'real' clubs forget this.
  • I used to watch this almost every Sunday as it used to show ALL the goals from the previous day.

stopped watching it last year when they strated mixing the action............showing the game from the Championship they had televised the day before and then shwing the gaols from Div 1 or 2 beforte going back to show the Preem goals and then the Championship. Totally cockeyd if you asked me !

However, Sky STILL is the place for most major sports.........be it football, cricket or golf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Golfie, you're correct of course - Sky IS the best place for sport in general.
    I just don't understand why they spend no more than 20 minutes of a "goals" programme showing actual football.
    Honestly, who is the target audience for this show? I'm sure fans of Man U and Chels etc would rather watch football than overly ingratiating interviews with Tony Pulis and Chris Hughton. I'd even go so far as to say Stoke and Newcastle fans would prefer to watch football too.
  • edited August 2010
    Goals on sunday is pretty dreadful, by the time it's on, BBC will have or SSN will have shown the goals and they don't even do proper highlights, its a bit too smug for my liking.
  • edited August 2010
    Sky IS the place for most sports. That's what's so f***ing galling about it all.
  • Just put this on and that silver haired slut is on again. Great start to the day.