Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do we need a loanee or two?

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Not old has beens like Gillespie or Butterfield, but maybe a promising youngster with a point to prove? Seems like some of the players doing the business in League One are loanees like Dicko, Odejayi, Doyle, Puncheon, Drinkwater & er Lisbie!

What area of the squad would benefit from a loan player putting pressure on the present incumbent?

Comments

• No need for any loans at the moment. There's noone in the first XI who doesn't have someone else in the squad ready to take their place.

Elliot: Randolph

Richardson: Solly
    Youga: Basey
    Llera: Sodje
    Dailly: Sodje

Sam: Wagstaff
    Bailey: Basey/Spring/Holden [assuming we re-arrange the midfield]
    Racon: Spring/Stav [ " ]
    Semedo: Spring/Stav [ " ]

Shelvey: McLeod/McKenzie/Tuna
    Burton: McLeod/McKenzie/Tuna

We've lost ONE game.
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]No need for any loans at the moment. There's noone in the first XI who doesn't have someone else in the squad ready to take their place.

Elliot: Randolph

Richardson: Solly
    Youga: Basey
    Llera: Sodje
    Dailly: Sodje

Sam: Wagstaff
    Bailey: Basey/Spring/Holden [assuming we re-arrange the midfield]
    Racon: Spring/Stav [ " ]
    Semedo: Spring/Stav [ " ]

Shelvey: McLeod/McKenzie/Tuna
    Burton: McLeod/McKenzie/Tuna

We've lost ONE game.

Fair enough - I havent seen any games yet, looking forward to the OIdham game in a fortnight. My record watching us on recent trips to the UK is awful though, watched 3 lost 3 :(
  • No loanees, unless we have an injury/suspension crisis.

Or unless Fernando Torres becomes available.
  • edited September 2009
    What happens when Sodje goes off on his travels and Llera gets suspended/maintains his current form? Mambo's on loan (and not ready in any event) and we don't have another commanding centre back in the squad.

Last season when we were in exactly the same position and had to play Matty Holland at Centre Back.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]What happens when Sodje goes off on his travels and Llera gets suspended/maintains his current form? Mambo's on loan (and not ready in any event) and we don't have another commanding centre back in the squad.

Youga (or perhaps Basey as I thought I read that he has played centre half for the stiffs) will step in I guess.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]What happens when Sodje goes off on his travels and Llera gets suspended/maintains his current form? Mambo's on loan (and not ready in any event) and we don't have another commanding centre back in the squad.

Youga (or perhaps Basey as I thought I read that he has played centre half for the stiffs) will step in I guess.

I added my comment after yours Len regarding Matty Holland but I still think that Square Pegs and Round Holes might become the issue. A months loan during that period wouldn't do any harm. What's Danny Shittu doing these days or Linvoy Primus for that matter?
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]What happens when Sodje goes off on his travels and Llera gets suspended/maintains his current form? Mambo's on loan (and not ready in any event) and we don't have another commanding centre back in the squad.

Last season when we were in exactly the same position and had to play Matty Holland at Centre Back.

we bring back chris dickson to play there??
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]What happens when Sodje goes off on his travels and Llera gets suspended/maintains his current form? Mambo's on loan (and not ready in any event) and we don't have another commanding centre back in the squad.

I added my comment after yours Len regarding Matty Holland but I still think that Square Pegs and Round Holes might become the issue. A months loan during that period wouldn't do any harm. What's Danny Shittu doing these days or Linvoy Primus for that matter?

I agree with you that we are light at centre half. It is not just Llera and Sodje either. Dailly has been great for us but at 36 he may well need a rest. He won't play 46 games even though the mind is willing.

I have reservations regarding loans for the reasons of lack of commitment that have been all too evident over the past couple of seasons but we need another centre half from somewhere even if only as cover.
  • Shelvey won't play 46 games either.

Looked at the bench last night and when injuries and suspensions take their toll can we really expect Wagstaff/Tuna/Solly/Basey to come in and be in a promotion battling team?

I don't think they are up to it especially in their first years as pros, Basey the exception.
  • I like the idea of getting a kid in, perhaps a Premiership centre-half that is unlikely to be in their side in next couple of years, so may be released in the future. Although that Chelsea kid we had was not much cop, what happened to him? A chance of picking up a bargain, but they'd have to be better than Mambo. Who's our other kid at the back? Pell? Not playing for U18s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Linvoy Primus was dreadful last season. We do not want him back again.
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    I have reservations regarding loans for the reasons of lack of commitment that have been all too evident over the past couple of seasons but we need another centre half from somewhere even if only as cover.

Disagree with the lack of commitment factor. Most of our full-time players didn't show much commitment last year either. It's about getting the right players on loan - the problem with most of the loanees last season wasn't commitment, it was that they weren't very good at football.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Who's our other kid at the back? Pell? Not playing for U18s.
    Pell's a central midfielder. We've signed Jordan Anderson from Birmingham for the academy, same age as Mambo. At centre back, the rest are u18s, and they've been using u16s to cover the gaps.
  • No loans please! Unless a centre half gets injured then there would be no benefit to the team imo. Would rather see the likes of Stavinrou, Solly, Basey get a game than someone who will only be here for a month and make no impression!
    Certainly anyone but Kandol (this is the most likely loan imo with McKenzie injured and the lack of Plan B up top)