Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

childcare tax relief to be abolished

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
labour really want to lose this election don't they..

Comments

• Options
    Yep

Was having a browse at the big 3's websites earlier to see what they are saying manifesto- wise.

From the first paragraph relating to the recent Euros ..."Every vote will count in the elections on Thursday 4 June. Why? Because Labour stands up for the hard-working British people – not just to help people now but to plan for recovery, renew our society , and reform our government for the future"

Erm...maybe once but certainly not now. Not the hard working British people i know anyway then who get taxed and fined and penalised for every other thing whilst they let people abuse the benefits system as a lifestyle choice and rapists, paedos and asbos are treated like social experiments in rehabilitation rather than the scum they are.
  • Options
    Razil

You earn "shed" loads ....
  • Options
    Recieved a letter yesterday asking for £131.67 as i earnt to much last year, so the better you do in life you have to subsidise the chavs of this country sitting on their backside watching daytime TV
  • Options
    Think they've hired John McCirick as their campaign political analyst.
  • Options
    Wealth distribution has always been what the labour party stands for, if you are daft enough to vote for them to subsidise the feckless then you have received the spanking you deserved these last ten years. Both main parties have their underlying ethos and however they dress it up they have always followed that course. Labours problem is that the vast majority of the population are being squeezed to provide for the lowest 10%, but a large amount of the 10% (and growing due to their policies) don't want to work so they are throwing good money at bad. Any amount of laws effects the upper classes very litlle as they tend to have a hand in most decision making and are capable of paying people to help themselves get round new laws anyway. Squeeze the feckless I say and reward those who want to work and get on in life.
  • Options
    Steve for PM !!!!
  • Options
    They are well and truely fuked now that lot, they have no clue how to relate to the needs of the working family in this country.

Mrs NLA is due our 2nd buby in Feb (touch wood) and we are looking at the costs and pros and cons of her going back to work. I do not earn anywhere near enough to be able to maintain and reminance of our current life unless she does go back so the outcome was that she would and we would look towards the costs of childcare and me changing the times i start and finish work in order to keep those costs down.

we can buy the childcare vouchers from our options pack at work and with the tax saving we can save a fair few quid and not be as low on dispensible income

now they say that what a bunch of knobends

hows about doing this Gordon

Offering more support to working married families so that they are encouraged to keep doing what they are currently and paying into the tax system without getting much back

stop paying so much money to those lazy arsed white lightening drinking baby fooking machines from chav dom.

Stop offering upto £500 anyone who has a baby in this country

dont put signs up in hospitals encouraging non UK residents to have their children here and offering the homes and handouts

get rid of the excess pen pushers within your party and in all governments

just a start if you really want to win an election
  • Options
    The Sun has decided so no need for an election anymore.
  • Options
    So much for the goverment and investing in the NHS when we had our little one in the summer, she was examined in a room, with no bed, no electric, under torch light................then when i kicked off........was moved to a room where there was scaffolding and no curtains, we are more like a third world country...........get the spongers back to work, stop giving them incentives. simple. work or get nothing, stop penalising the people who want to get on in life
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]So much for the goverment and investing in the NHS when we had our little one in the summer, she was examined in a room, with no bed, no electric, under torch light................then when i kicked off........was moved to a room where there was scaffolding and no curtains, we are more like a third world country...........get the spongers back to work, stop giving them incentives. simple. work or get nothing, stop penalising the people who want to get on in life

Don't get me started on that... the ward my missus was on was understaffed - 2 on that night rather than the required 4 - she'd just had a caesarean and cdnt look after herself let alone the baby, and they suggested I leave at 8pm due to the rules... well you can imagine what I said.

There are loads of ways they could save money if they focussed on that instead of the bollarks tinkering at the edges and reversing some of their own policies it might actually stand them a chance of getting elected, but then if they were bright enough to do that perhaps they wouldn't have got themselves in this mess in the first place.

the line about hardworking families is just another example of the spin this government still amazingly thinks people will believe, its an insult to the intelligence and has more of a negative impact I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Labour are on the way to a deserved hiding...what worries me is that Cameron and Osbourne look like tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee. Neither they nor anyone on the Tory front bench fill me with any confidence that they are either experienced, competent or have a plan other than rule by and for the Toffs. At least in the mid 90s when Major's government was a joke we had Blair and Labour looking something like a government in waiting.
  • Options
    U are a proper leftie BFR
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]U are a proper leftie BFR

Apparently so, while "U" are apparently incapable of using grammatically correct English while lecturing us about being British...

You'd think that people who put such pride in being British would at least try and keep up the appearance of some pride in the place by being able to express themselves in the nation's language.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]U are a proper leftie BFR

Apparently so, while "U" are apparently incapable of using grammatically correct English while lecturing us about being British...

You'd think that people who put such pride in being British would at least try and keep up the appearance of some pride in the place by being able to express themselves in the nation's language.

I don't really see where he gets that you are a leftie from that statement anyway
  • Options
    I do, it is the toffs reference, typical refrain of the left when about to get a kicking at the polls to revert to the old class war days.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I do, it is the toffs reference, typical refrain of the left when about to get a kicking at the polls to revert to the old class war days.

Labour will lose the next election, that is just about a given, what seriously concerns me is that the next Tory government is likely to be headed up by two people who's credentials to govern are non-existent and merely seem to be that they are in the other party. Unless going to Eton and then onto Oxford before jobs in family companies or PR counts as valuable experience? It should concern you (it does me) that Osbourne in particular has been given the run around by his opposite number who is a member of a very poor government. I'm not filled with confidence in these pair, that isn't class warfare but observation.
  • Options
    Why should other people pay for someone else's childcare costs? If you can't afford them, don't have children. The world's population is too big anyway, we need to have fewer children!

Too many people is the cause of most of the world's problems - all our political parties are too scared to face the truth and take action.
  • Options
    BFR, it is your reference to them as toffs rather than anything else that explains your leaning. Agreed on their lack of experience, but what experience did blur and gordo have of the real world and leading a government? And more importantly from your viewpoint, what about their education, working class lads just off a shift at the pit who succeeded despite being too poor to go to school were they? I love a class warrior, you tend to find they had a good start in life and didn't make it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ME14addick[/cite]Why should other people pay for someone else's childcare costs? If you can't afford them, don't have children. The world's population is too big anyway, we need to have fewer children!

Too many people is the cause of most of the world's problems - all our political parties are too scared to face the truth and take action.

what a load of bollox
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ME14addick[/cite]Why should other people pay for someone else's childcare costs? If you can't afford them, don't have children. The world's population is too big anyway, we need to have fewer children!

what a load of bollox
    Really? I make him about 100% right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I do, it is the toffs reference, typical refrain of the left when about to get a kicking at the polls to revert to the old class war days.

Labour will lose the next election, that is just about a given, what seriously concerns me is that the next Tory government is likely to be headed up by two people who's credentials to govern are non-existent and merely seem to be that they are in the other party. Unless going to Eton and then onto Oxford before jobs in family companies or PR counts as valuable experience? It should concern you (it does me) that Osbourne in particular has been given the run around by his opposite number who is a member of a very poor government. I'm not filled with confidence in these pair, that isn't class warfare but observation.

People born with a silver spoon in thier mouths running the country? It's no wonder its as shot to sh1t as it is. Never done a days work in your life? Prime Minister seems to be the ideal post for you then sonny.

You seem to speak a lot of sense to me BFR.
  • Options

What "action" do you suggest?
  • Options
    Vinnie v, what experience of the real world did Blair and Brown have when they took over then? Were you equally as worried in 1997? Or is it just the toffs you despise?
  • Options
    Seems to be a lot of bitterness on this post,

i cant see why a persons education and grammar should have anything to do with how patriotic he is and how British.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

what a load of bollox
    Really? I make him about 100% right.

why should i pay for other peoples healthcare same argument leroy thats why it is a load of bollox
  • Options
    Did any of you actually listen to what Brown said in his speech?
    While you argue and name call each other he continues to pontificate over England's future.
    England, a country in which he has no mandate. He was elected as an MP by the Scots in Kircaldy and Cowdenbeath.
    His announcements on; Teenage mothers...........England only
    Free personal care for the elderly..........England only
    Limiting pub hours............England only
    Free child care places............England only.
    You may or may not think these are worthwhile announcements, that's not the point.
    The point is he has given away his power on all of these issues in Scotland, to Holyrood. He cannot introduce them to the people who voted him as their MP!
    Yet he thinks he has the right to introduce them in England!
    We are supposed to have a Representative Democracy here in England.
    This means if your representative does not carry out the will of the people he or she represents, the people vote him or her out of office.
    Of course some of you may not have realised he speaks for England only, because he never says England. He cannot say the word. He talks about 'our countrty' or 'this country' as if England and Britain were the same thing. Well it ain't! It hasn't been since 1998 when Blair created the devolved parliament for Scotland.
    It's time to put an end to the democratic defecit. It's time for an English Parliament.
  • Options
    I don't despise anyone. Life's too short. I wasn't just refering to the Tories, lets face it new Labour are pretty much a carbon copy anyway. I personally believe it's the do gooders that have done the damage but equally, extreme right wing politics will help no one.

What action do you suggest? From now on only the Rich are allowed to breed? What happens to children born on the breadline? We stop paying out for them and they starve? Or maybe we should adopt a class clensing policy.

It's a difficult situation. I don't have the answer. In fact. I'm begining to think there may not be one.
  • Options
    Actually the immediate problem is too many older people, who need, among other things, immigration to sustain their lifestyle by increasing the tax base.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

That is a valid question, not that I agree, however what we are actually talking about here is the money that went to all, now going to a less well off few to subsidise their childcare - in effect a tax rise of 1-2.2k per working family.
  • Options
    i would still vote New Labour in the next election, if I was old enough to vote that is ;)