Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

colchester matchlive

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    A hooded coat jeans and trainers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]A hooded coat jeans and trainers.

you must have been a bit hot especailly after the '10' minute walk to the ground!! .... i thought it was rather mild ..
  • Options
    Just got back, a real throw back to the last two seasons tonight. After the first goal went in we were totally outplayed and ended up lumping the ball in the air to Burton all night. Three howlers for their goals, Llera awful and another mistake from Elliot. What a joke the 'Elliot for England' posting was earlier in the week. Only one person earnt his money tonight and that was Richardson!

Elliot 5 another error that led to a goal
    Richardson 7 kept trying all night
    Daily 6 Average
    Llera 4 Stinker!
    Youga 6 Average
    Sam 6 Their left back had him in his pocket most of the game.
    Racon 6 seems to be struggling for his early season form.
    Spring 5 forgot he was on the pitch
    Baily 6 Average
    Shelvey 5 Struggling for me at the moment
    Burton 5 No support from Shelvey, high balls pumped up to him all night

I don't want to critise Parky after our first defeat, but 2 - 0 down at half time I felt he should have bought McLeod and Sodjie on at half time. Typical Charlton, great away following tonight and the team let us down. Colchester were a good side and had us totally worked out. Could easily have been 4 - 0 when they missed an absolute sitter right at the end. Worthy winners on the night!
  • Options
    Poor from everyone. Llera had a mare, Elliot not much better. 2 down we had no ideas, our bench consisited of McLeod and Sodje but after that just first year as full professionals (Solly, Tuna, Wagstaff)

Deon for the second game running won nothing all night, maybe teams have been watching him but he hasn't been as effective last two games.

Shelvey I don't think has been on form for the last few games, don't really know where he is meant to be playing or what his role is, just seems to wonder but hasn't been that effective.

Would be good to see McKenzie when he is fit, not sure if he is a tall target man though.

Also got their 10 minutes late, ground is a nightmare to get to and to park up.

Bad night.
  • Options
    I agree with your comments, Essex-Al but your marks are very generous. Llera deserved 0 and nobody else deserved more than 4.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]A hooded coat jeans and trainers.

you must have been a bit hot especailly after the '10' minute walk to the ground!! .... i thought it was rather mild ..

Dripping mate!
  • Options
    What an awful performance, worst ive seen in many a year. Nearly missed the KO too after miscalculating how long it took to bus it from the town centre. Llera was AWFUL, and was rightly subbed, but too late to do any good. Racon was very quiet, as was Shelvey (and i think it was him that gave the ball away for the 2nd goal - although i may be wrong, had a crap view), Dailly looked solid, but thats probably because Llera was so bad it made him look good. Youga was dodgy as ever at the back at times but good coming forward. Lloyd Sam was ineffective. Burton had a very poor game, didnt win a thing in the air. Thought Spring was unlucky to be subbed, he didnt do much wrong. Elliott had a shocker, lack of communication between him and defence was obvious throughout, as seen by the shocking O.G. Bailey tried but it just didnt happen for him. Pretty awful all round really, Richardson was the best of a bad bunch for me. Support was fantastic again, especially considering the performance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]I agree with your comments, Essex-Al but your marks are very generous. Llera deserved 0 and nobody else deserved more than 4.

harsh on Richardson that but otherwise I'd agree. IF we play 4-5-1, playing to our strengths, we can only do so when Semedo is playing. Spring is cack and cannot play that role. If Semedo is absent we need to change our formation completely OR Parky is bold and gives that role to Stavrinou who is a much better bet than Spring. As mentioned looking at the bench tonight you realise how thin the squad is. McLeod and Sodje should have been on at h/t when we still had a chance of rescuing the situation. At 3-0 it was game over and the changes were no more than a token effort to show that he does have a Plan B and lo and behold it doesn't work. 88 mintes until we made their keeper make a save says it all. Truely shocking.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That was bloody awful, and the really frustrating thing was that Colchester aren't very good from what I saw, just direct. It is an Aidy Bootroyd team - lump it forward to the big man. Fortunately we have a CB capable of getting his head on just about anything, so what do we do, leave him on the bench. At half time I was certain we would see 2 subs, Sodje & Mcleod for Spring & Llera and was absolutely stunned when it didn't happen. 0-2 down with 45 mins to go, you have got to go for it and go 4-4-2 (especially as we had never looked like scoring). I would also have bought Tuna on for the last 20 mins, after all by that stage we were 0-3 down and had no chance of getting back into it so why not give the lad some match practice?

My team scores for what they are worth

Elliot 3 - Usually I really rate the lad, but tonight he was poor
    Richardson 5 - Tries 100% and ok going forward but shocking defesively
    Daily 6 - nothing wrong that I could see, steady as ever
    Llera 0 - Only because I don't think I should give minus points, but one of the worst performances for a long time from a Charlton player
    Youga 6.5 - Tried and got forward
    Sam 3 - Innefective
    Racon 3 - Not the same player without Semedo next to him and needs to do more further up the pitch
    Spring 3 - forgettable
    Bailey 6 - Along with Youga one of our better performers
    Shelvey 3 - No real impact. Looks very tired at the moment
    Burton 3- No service but did nowt

Sodje - 7 - Got his head on everything that came his way - breath of fresh air
    Mcloed - 3 - changed nothing when he came on

Parky - 2 - Tactically inept, bottled the big decisions

Ground - 2 - crap and smelt of pig poo.

Still on the bright side, we have lost 1 in 10, are second and have the opportunity on Saturday to prove that we are capable of competing with the best team in the league so far.
  • Options
    Agree entirely with valleyman