Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

flash forward

the new programme on channel 5 last night.

is this the new 'lost'?

as in something i will have no intrest in, the whole world and their dog will be discussing strange things like how polar bears get on islands and the like, and i will have to resort to hiding the remote from the other half.

please keep all flash forward related posts to this thread so i can avoid.

thanks

pbs

Comments

• I watched it last night because i never watched Lost or many others so i thought id give it a go. Ill give it another go next week... if im allowed the remote.
  • When I saw the thread was titled flash forward, I thought we'd signed a tricky new striker on loan
  • Showing my age here but I thought it might be a look back at Mike Flanagans career.
  • Thought the acting was TERRIBLE.
  • I watched it right upto the blackout aftermath, and the chinese FBI agent said to his colleague "Go find your family", cue the other FBI agent running in slow motion through burning cars and buildings to dramatic music, that's when I switched off, far too corny for my liking, upto that point I was enjoying it.
  • did you watch up to the bit when a kangaroo bounced past?
  • Also, it's pretty obvious that the reason everybody blacked out was because the flux capacitor had lost it's duodonum.
  • DA9DA9
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]did you watch up to the bit when a kangaroo bounced past?

WTF?????
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Also, it's pretty obvious that the reason everybody blacked out was because the flux capacitor had lost it's duodonum.

No, it was clearly the flange dip giro whirly megig
  • Thought I would give it a go, but when it started in that same 'hollywood' fashion I threw up .......
    Cue, athe 'normal' huge magnificent family mansion , a glorious sunny morning in LA and there is the beautiful blonde wife lying in bed immaculate in a silk nightie, heavily made up and she is of course a Top heart surgeon . He is just a FBI agent and he does the Kid's breakfast , with his stereotype cute blonde little girl in a Kitchen as big as the O2 , and she says in a cute voice " I love you daddy and they cuddle ."
    I love the way the Yanks do the realism .
    Then the world comes to an end just for 2 minutes only ( during the adverts no doubt) , but our hero is of course the only one who knows the answer to it all , and he gets the job to solve it ( from the sterotype Black, wise and mature Head of Police) and he will no doubt therefore save the world, all the time knowing his beautiful wife is gonna shack up with some other hunk and his kid is gonna be snatched by the Aliens /Badies ( guessed that bit)
    Sound familar ?? its gonna be great ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I missed this last night but its repeated on Fiver tonight at 10pm so I'll watch it then. It's only being labelled as the new Lost as it's the same team of writers and a few of the same actors. From the review I read, it's a lot different to Lost and has had good reviews. Might be worth giving it a go for a few episodes to see how it pans out. Most first episodes are just about introducing characters and not so much about the story.
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]I missed this last night but its repeated on Fiver tonight at 10pm so I'll watch it then. It's only being labelled as the new Lost as it's the same team of writers and a few of the same actors. From the review I read, it's a lot different to Lost and has had good reviews. Might be worth giving it a go for a few episodes to see how it pans out. Most first episodes are just about introducing characters and not so much about the story.

True, but I did think that if it was going to be any good someone would've out-bid Five's meagre budget.
  • Prison Break was on Five...
  • and i think House was on Five in the UK first
  • edited September 2009
    Good points. So was Martial Law.
  • it's crap, but it's got Alex Kingston in it. Thatnworks for me ;-)

Bet you Harold didn't black out, why was he out of the car?
  • Working my way through House.....done season 1 & finishing 2..bargain £18 per season at HMV.....and another two whole seasons to go...plus the current one...just have to love the character...and for anybody who might be interested, HMV now Have "Underbelly" in stock. There is another thread somewhere with details, but its a gritty violent sexy take on Melbourne gangsters and based on true events...one of the best series Ive ever watched.

I'll give this program a go on Fiver tonight....
  • Mmm still not sure about it, will have to watch the next one to make my mind up. Though i like that English actor who is normally in comedies, wasnt he in Coupling? I loved that, totally silly. What i might do is Sky+ it so i have something to watch when the Super League finishes, as i'm certainly not going anywhere near the 'X factor Z celebraties dancing like oldies' shite!
  • Thought it was good. Will happily watch next week. Anyone else notice the ads for 'Oceanic' flights as a nod to Lost or just an uber Geek like myself?!

My thoughts were that this series could be brilliant but can't see how they'll stretch it out further without it going the way of Prison Break

Would also highly reccomend Fringe for those of you into the glossy scifi American stuff like this and Lost.
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Thought it was good. Will happily watch next week. Anyone else notice the ads for 'Oceanic' flights as a nod to Lost or just an uber Geek like myself?!

My thoughts were that this series could be brilliant but can't see how they'll stretch it out further without it going the way of Prison Break

Would also highly reccomend Fringe for those of you into the glossy scifi American stuff like this and Lost.

I agree. Although I didn't see the Oceanic ads, I was watching what was in the background in case it's important later! I'll keep watching to see how it progresses.

Fringe is good too, but has the potential to go on for too long like Lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw the Oceanic billboard and then was constantly looking out for Lost references. Didnt grab me as quickly as Lost but it is on Series Link on my Sky+ box.

Just feel the "Whatever happened, happened" theme from Lost is being brought over to this: "Whatever will happen, will happen".
  • Not a Bad ending last night, just a shame that it's not being picked up for a second season due to ratings in America.
  • Watching final episode tonight.
    Just hope most of it is resolved, and that they didnt leave most of it for the cancelled 2nd series !!!
  • As OneLung hasn't watched it yet, I won't spoil it, but it's good the way they've left it open to be picked-up by another production company - and it doesn't have to be done immediately...
  • Watched it last night and thought it was a good ending (better than Lost!). I've got the book it was based on to read now - been waiting till after it had finished - but it's supposed to be quite different to the TV series.
  • Pee'd off this is now up in the air. Really enjoyed this series. Just maybe though Jospeh Fiennes could try another expression other than painfully confused!
  • Watched it last night - nothing was explained, so we will never know now.
    Unless another channel takes it over.
  • I thought it was a decent series. I lost interest a bit through the Christmas break and when it first came back on but got back into it again and enjoyed it.

Disappointed it's been scrapped but still hopeful they might do a second series.