Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds - The Moose - Talksport

DA9DA9
edited September 2009 in General Charlton
That cretin this morning said that if Leeds beat us Saturday then its all over and they are going to win the league.

Amazing prediction for a game on the 1st weekend of October, what a complete knob jockey.

Comments

• proper prick
  • Quite a decent match reporter but anything beyond that and he's a waste of space. Sounds like some bloke they've got up from the print room to talk about football.
  • I thought they were going to win the league for the past 2 seasons?
  • was hoping to go but not paying £84 for the train
  • Typical statement from two bob pundits Paul Merson forecast at the start of the season "Whoever finishes above Norwich will win the League"..........oh well
  • it's hardly controversial ... leeds are best price 8 to 11 to win the league so if they beat us that'll probably shorten (depending on todays results)

i think that if leeds do win they will be nailed on to win the league
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]it's hardly controversial ... leeds are best price 8 to 11 to win the league so if they beat us that'll probably shorten (depending on todays results)

i think that if leeds do win they will be nailed on to win the league

So claiming a title race is over at the first weekend in October is not controversial, or at least very rash????
  • Got a new keeper in tonight and think they'll stumble.
  • that's what he is there for to stoke up the interest ....
    his opinion and in my (always negative) opinion i think he could be right....
    but hopefully wont be!!
  • "Moose" (Talksport) is a West Ham supporter:
    He enjoys being "contreversal" (with a small c) and winding up the "audience".
    Along with Parry,Durham,Colleymore,etc............
    Its their jobs........
  • Sponsored links:

• The world of football punditry, in this country is a world of idiocy. Week after week the idiots on Sunday Supplement revise every opinion they had based on what happened at the weekend. Spurs are going down, spurs are going to europe... Never once actually explaining why they think whatever shit is spilling out of their mouths - possibly because they've never actually thought about it, at all.

TalkSpurt is a very poor station, and you can't tune in there and expect to get any sense. The fact that matey said that without considering what might happen to them if, say, their manager joined a team that was better for his career, shows the calibre of the man. Not really worth concerning ourselves over.
  • Leeds are a good team and it's going to take a superb season to better them IMHO.

Yes, it's a long season, but he might not be wide of the mark really.
  • The word 'expert' let's break it up

Ex - is a has been, a former, an after thought

Spurt (phonic yeah) - a useless drip
  • I'm not arguing that realistically if we have ambitions to win the league ourselves, Leeds will be the main challengers, however to say the title race is over in early October (even if they had taken a 5 point lead last night) is absolutely ridiculous and quite amateurish.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]"Moose" (Talksport) is a West Ham supporter:
    He enjoys being "contreversal" (with a small c) and winding up the "audience".
    Along with Parry,Durham,Colleymore,etc............
    Its their jobs........

Funny thing is no one will know we are wound up cos they would never let a charlton fan get any proper air time. Not a fan of certain people on talksport hes one Parrys another dont mind collymore too much although he has some funny views.
  • few years back Moan Utd won the Prem but had a poor record against the top other3. I think thats our way this year. There are alot of teams we can(will) beat this year, keep the points turning over and we will be OK. Dont give a monkeys about winning it at the moment . Lets get out of this shit league.
  • "Moose" on Talksport
    The joke isnt funny anymore.....
  • Massive bump - Moose now saying on Twitter that he reckons Spurs will win the league this year. I would say he's lost it, but sounds like he never had it.
  • Massive bump - Moose now saying on Twitter that he reckons Spurs will win the league this year. I would say he's lost it, but sounds like he never had it.
    He may be the only West Ham fan you'd find saying that.
  • oh and yesterday he said West Ham taught Parker everything he knows - I quickly corrected him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a big fan of this bloke , he's always banging on about West Ham.
  • hes a tube.. end off. always trying to be funny and suck up to the 'proper' presenters.. if he had an ounce of talent he would have his own show on talksport by now.
  • TalkShite presenter says something mildly "controversial" to get a reaction!

Well, who'd have thought that would ever happen?
  • The whole talksport set up is based upon an ersatz version of men arguing down the pub. Moose (aka Ian Abraham) does his job as a stooge quite well.  He's the Bernie to the other presenters' Mike Winters, the Morecambe to the Wiser presenters . I am quite a fan of Hawksby & Jacobs and mostly of Keyes & Gray. Who I do find nerve grating are Gough and Durham who spend three hours a day arguing like an old married couple with not a lot to say to each other
  • Had Talksport on, on the way to Wycombe last week and Redarmyse7 and myself were in fits listening to a West Ham supporter that had rung up saying what an idiot Moose is and an embarrasment to the club. Sounded like any second he was going to go all Danny Dyer and start calling him and slaaaaag and threaten to cut him.

• Had Talksport on, on the way to Wycombe last week and Redarmyse7 and myself were in fits listening to a West Ham supporter that had rung up saying what an idiot Moose is and an embarrasment to the club. Sounded like any second he was going to go all Danny Dyer and start calling him and slaaaaag and threaten to cut him.

Was listening to that aswell, the bloke is a joke, but no different to a lot of the west ham fans i know, always harping on about 'the west ham way', the world cup, being the academy of england.
    So so boring and untrue, this is the major floor with living in essex for me.
  • This says it all about the prick. Cant imagine many West ham doing this or millwall vice versa.

Sums Talksport up all over. Cock.

• This says it all about the prick. Cant imagine many West ham doing this or millwall vice versa.

Sums Talksport up all over. Cock.

Crickey you can tell its Halloween! ;-0
  • Not sure why I'm defending Him, but, He did run the Marathon in the spanners shirt and raised alot of money.