Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

mcleod from start

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
deon burton donkey AND I THINK PARKY SHOULD PLAY MCLEOD FROM THE START

Comments

• Options
    agreed
  • Options
    SHOULD WE RECALL CHRISSY DICKSON
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCROSS[/cite]deon burton donkey AND I THINK PARKY SHOULD PLAY MCLEOD FROM THE START

Based on what ......?
  • Options
    Maybe it's just a WUM?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCROSS[/cite]deon burton donkey AND I THINK PARKY SHOULD PLAY MCLEOD FROM THE START

Based on what ......?

Probably his 5 goals and 3 assists Oggy?
  • Options
    Burton had a bad game. For the first time this season as far as I can work out.

Talk about a knee jerk reaction....

On the whole, this season he has been brilliant. Give him a f**king break!

Oh, and give the capslock a rest!
  • Options
    When jonjo needs resting, go with Deon and Mclass
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    CAFCROSS WHAT A POOR ATTEMPT AT A WIND UP

SAD
  • Options
    Either a wind up or CAFCROSS is a no nothing twat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WTF? what a ridiculous posting !
  • Options
    Well, on the grounds that people ought to have alternative views on a forum, I'll humour it. But no, McLeod would not be able to play up front on his own, so unless we're relying on the keeper hurling the ball into his path 6 yards out, I couldn't see him making an impact.
  • Options
    Why do "usually" sensible people have to be so abusive to other posters? You do nothing to enhance this site, so why do it?

Personally I dont think Burton is donkey material in this division. You cant expect the players to play out of their skins week in and week out at this level (or any level realistically)...

We are a little bit thin on the ground, and more worryingly for me is can we play anything other than the preffered 4-4-1-1? Burton is the only forward who can effectively lead the line with this tactical formation.
  • Options
    As I said earlier, it gives me the impression of a WUM post.

No understanding of Burton's role in the team and what he's achieved this season so far.

No understanding that we can't even recall Chris Dickson for 28 days.

No understanding that you don't scream in capitals when you post.

The thread is just looking for reaction - WUM alert.
    Maybe we should just move on. Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    Personally, i'd give JJ a rest and go 442 with Izzy and Deon.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Donkey says as Donkey does DONKEY!

JT I'd like to think we could go 4-4-2 but whilst we mainly have a game a week let's stick to 4-5-1. I reckon when other teams start struggling with injuries in the winter it may be worth it. Fact is though that even when Shelvey has been average he still is a major threat from dead ball. And from what I've seen in this div you can get promotion just from the goals you score from deadball.
  • Options
    Burton is no donkey, he did not even play that bad the other day just that Exeter defended well against him and he could not have such an influence has usual. Yet he still held the ball up well and could have got a couple of goals
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If we dont play Burton then we dont have a target man but having Burton up front gives us someone to aim for either on the ground or in the air!

Also does anybody remember that Burton had suffered a broken nose against Norwich so that could be why he wasn't very good on Sat
  • Options
    Disagree, but would still start mcleod ...
  • Options
    Don't think Burton had that bad a game. Thought the problem was that the central midfielders played far too deep which game him few options especially as Shelvey couldn't get into the game. Complete overreaction to call for him to be dropped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    mcleod seems to be a poacher and not a lot else, admittedly he can run onto a long ball but more often than not that ball will come straight back at you, Dickson maybe a bit more, but no I wouldn't start either on their own, and would pair them with Burton or similar type player as he can hold the ball up and win it/lay it off.