Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peggy Fenner RIP

Hi guys,
At today's game at The Valley a minute's silence will be held in memory of a life-long Charlton Athletic season ticket holder, and my brother-in-law's granny - Min Fenner, who died at the age of 97 last week.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say how humbled the family are at this sign of respect and to say how thankful we all are. I hope that the minute is well-observed.

Once again, thank you to Charlton Athletic FC and their fans.

Iain Latto.

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Welcome R.S.
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    97 - that was a good age. When was his first match?

And are you just a Raith supporter or do you support both teams?

RIP Mr Fenner - I'm sure that the minute silence will be, or is right now, being well-observed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]97 - that was a good age. When was his first match?

And are you just a Raith supporter or do you support both teams?

RIP Mr Fenner - I'm sure that the minute silence will be, or is right now, being well-observed.

Think it might be a she, considering Raith says granny.

but that is some true supporting, R.I.P Min, 97 is a great innings. R.I.P.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    You're right A.A.

Can anyone tell me how the silence went?

Jimmy, as for your question about if I support both teams: I am a Raith Rovers supporter first and foremost, however I have managed to attend 2 Charlton games, once at Newcastle (I was there when it got called off when we were already in the stadium near Christmas a few years back), and once at Middlesbrough. I absolutely loved the games and would like to get to see another one.

Once again guys, many thanks.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Raith Supporter[/cite]You're right A.A.

Can anyone tell me how the silence went?

Jimmy, as for your question about if I support both teams: I am a Raith Rovers supporter first and foremost, however I have managed to attend 2 Charlton games, once at Newcastle (I was there when it got called off when we were already in the stadium near Christmas a few years back), and once at Middlesbrough. I absolutely loved the games and would like to get to see another one.

Once again guys, many thanks.[/quote]

Sorry to say it, but I don't think there was one. Was in my seat from 2.30 and am 99.9% certain this didn't happen.
  • Options
    It didnt!

FACT
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss Iain, but i suspect you may have been mis-informed. There is no history of the club holding a minutes silence for a supporter, unless it became a national piece of news. I'm sure your nan will be recognised in the roll of honour day they will hold in at a game later on in the season, where all addicks who have sadly passed away that year will be recognised.
  • Options
    Raith, sorry but we didn't do this today. We remember all of our supporters who have passed away at one match in the season. A roll of honour is displayed on the screen. Sorry you were misinformed.

The game is usually the first home league match in January.
  • Options
    This is all rather strange as we have never (as far as I know anyway) given a minutes silence for an indivudual fan..well under normal circumstances that is, so I wouldn't like to say it has never occured but I certainly have never known of it.
    Raith supporter.........who informed you that there would be?
    RIP Min old duck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My condolences Raith...

I suspect this is a case of Chinese whispers. Someone at the club presumably told someone in RS's family that there'd be a minute's silence as BDL says in early January and probably by the time it had been passed on to RS it had been interpreted to mean that it would happen this week.
  • Options
    There was a piece in the programme which mentioned her sad death along with a photograph of her receiving a bouquet of flowers from Derek Ufton, a Club director, back in December 2007.

My condolences to you and your family.
  • Options
    Was she well known as Peggy Fenner? I ordered the flowers for her birthday presentation at the valley a couple of yrs ago. Condolences to you and your family. She was well known and loved by many at the club.
  • Options
    a nice piece in the times about her linked here

RIP
  • Options
    What a fantastic write up
    RIP
  • Options
    What a Lady.
    RIP
  • Options
    fantastic article, credit to the publisher of that.
    real proud to have fans such as her support my club!

rip peg.
  • Options
    Wow, Thats some lady.
    RIP Mrs Fenner
  • Options
    What an Awesome Lady.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just read this on facebook. the heading should be amended to include her name if poss. Lovely write up.

I now strive to be like her - well only the bit about drinking 4 bottles of beer in the British Oak everyday. At least. RIP
  • Options
    They don't make 'em like that anymore. What a great lady.
  • Options
    Just seen the article on her. Met Peggy a couple of years back, she was always on the bromley north coach going to away games. Words can't describe how kind and loyal this lady was, she is charlton through and through R.I.P.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a picture of her...I'm trying to place her?
  • Options
    Great obituary and tribute in the Times.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Does anyone have a picture of her...I'm trying to place her?

http://www.lewisham-today.co.uk/tn/news.cfm?id=40719&headline=Tribute to Peggy Fenner#

NIce write up there as well.
  • Options
    old raith supporter might be able to provide a picture if admin email him.
  • Options
    I read the Obit in the Times via Wyn Grant's blog. Great story. RIP Min.
  • Options
    What a truly amazing story about a person I would have loved to have met.

RIP.