Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

End of the world.....March 2010 Official. Its on the OS !

Having reflected on the recent injection of 7 million pounds into the club by current directors I am just slightly nervous after reading Mr. Murrays quote on the deal.

"If something happens in November that will be fantastic but it’s" now not the end of the world if it’s February"

Fair do`s Richard. Breathing space has been gained and in no way am I trying to critisise the magnificent effort in finding that money. It doesn`t seem to me that there is any deal or deals still on the table and the club are basically letting all possible interested parties know that they still want to sell but not at perhaps what were derisory offers made over the last months. Back to that quote. What happens if nothing happens in february either ? Is that when perhaps it does become the end of the world ? Seems pretty odd to me to start putting a timed agenda on what has already be a very protracted process. Is that 7 million only good to tide us over for 5 months before the finacial skids are reached again. Is it that or am I trying to analyse the quote too much and in fact RM said february when he just as easily could have said july.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I think you're analysing the quote too much. He did say "for example" at the end of that quote. Pretty sure the money will keep us going for this season. Having to have a takeover by the middle of the season can't be right?

Hopefully February had nothing to do with the transfer window closing at the start of it, meaning we might have to sell someone...
  • Options
    I think you're reading this wrongly. He means that it's not the end of the world if it's in February instead of now.