Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ZZ unveiled at Celtic

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/scottishpremier/celtic/6232938/Celtic-manager-Tony-Mowbray-puts-his-shirt-on-China-captain-Zheng-Zhi.html

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to him. I suspect he will do very well in that Mickey Mouse league. Hope he does the bizzo v Rangers.
  • Options
    Wasn't Mowbray after him when he was at the Baggies?
  • Options
    bstd i never liked him anyway fancy putting that fooking shirt over his large square head
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Wasn't Mowbray after him when he was at the Baggies?

Offered £2 mill for him, but talks broke down between the Chinese and West Brom.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, wonder if Mouts'll kick him when they meet?
  • Options
    It's amazing Mowbray signs another occasionally lovely player to watch who can't tackle!
  • Options
    Good luck to ZZ. See Mowbray talked down the finanical and branding aspects of signing the Chinese captain. It always surprised me how we never capatlised on that.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Bit difficult to talk it up when you're in the champ. Plus now the prem in China is mainly shown on a high fee based exclusive channel. CCTV5 only shows a few Prem matches now, plus not always live I'm told. It's a difficult market, wholly different to that of SE Asia and Japan. In Japan revenue streams come through the legitimate channels. China is not based around legitimate licensing channels. Very difficult market to crack, especially a la Perugia with Nakata.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, reckon he will improve Celtics midfield no end, at Arsenal they had no spark or creativity in the middle and Zheng should be one of the best midfielders in the SPL
  • Options
    He'll do alright. Most of the time he'll get the space he needs although I wonder how he'll handle some of the tougher aspects of play.

Also, Tony Mowbray loves him.