Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 5 away games?

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Ipswich 4 4 in 1990
man utd in the cup
Liverpool 3 3
millwall 2 0 in the snow
Villa 4 3 1999-2000
i know im going to think bloody hell forgot about that one.This not in any order.

Comments

• Options
    Crystal Palace fa cup 1969 2-0 win
    Q,P.R 1970 4-1 win first away victory in 35 matches
    Carlisle 1986 3-2 win return to div1.Have a story about this game,but can say nomore.
    Leeds utd St Andrews 1987 2-1 play off victory.
    Brescia and Ancona Anglo Italian Cup matches you had to be there to understand why Oct / Nov 1993.
  • Options
    QPR 1970 (My 1st Away Game)
    Leeds Play-offs
    Ipswich Playoffs (One outstanding save from Saha sticks in my mind)
    Chelsea (Battle of the Bridge)
    Palace (Kitson/Dennis) OR Millwall (Morts).
  • Options
    foghorn,

how about Bristol Rovers when your voice broke in the pub !
  • Options
    yes mate that was great day. 900 tickets 4 the away end there must of been 1500 to 2000 cafc there mad day. yes voice has never been the same.
  • Options
    Palace Championship season
    Villa 4-3
    Millwall in the snow
    Man U (Amos Stuart)
    Ipswich Play Offs
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    in recent times
    Scott Parker winner at Leeds in the last minute
    Shaun Bartlett header 81st minute Liverpool away, 1st win in 50 years
    Portsmouth away 2-1, Di Canio came on after 75 mins on the bench and changed the game
    Palarse away, Dennis in the last minute awesome
    Spurs away, Bartlett sent off we won 3-2 Jerome Thomas at his best
    Sunderland away Darren Bent 1st game, 10 men 3-1
    Arsenal 4-2
    Chelsea on pens in league cup, Bryan Hughes 5-4
    Mendonca hattrick Norwich away 1989 won 4-0
    So many great memories attending these games with a young Ms Lat
  • Options

Fug me, I knew we've had runs of 6-7 without wins but 50 years. kinell. :=)

That Sunderland away game was a proper weird one it was, 3 own goals was it?
  • Options
    West Ham V Liverpool FA Cup final did Alan ever mention he was manager then and was that close to winning ;-)
  • Options
    Man City at Maine Road 1984 - won 1-0 Chris Jones.
    Man Utd - won 1-0 Mark Stuart
    Coventry FA Cup - 2-0 down won 3-2 Robinson, Newton and Hunt (I think)
    Fulham 1983 won 1-0 Paul Curtis very late on (my first away win after many attempts!!!)
    QPR won 2-1 Gary Poole and Bradley Allen or QPR won 4-2 Steve Jones, John Robinson 2?, Phil Chapple

Not counting Leeds at St Andrews (not strictly away!)
  • Options
    Pompey away a few seasons back was quite good, I mean you only need Amdy Faye to score and it's already up there with the best. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]in recent times
    Scott Parker winner at Leeds in the last minute
    Portsmouth away 2-1, Di Canio came on after 75 mins on the bench and changed the game
    Palarse away, Dennis in the last minute awesome
    Spurs away, Bartlett sent off we won 3-2 Jerome Thomas at his best
    Sunderland away Darren Bent 1st game, 10 men 3-1
    Arsenal 4-2
    Chelsea on pens in league cup, Bryan Hughes 5-4
    Mendonca hattrick Norwich away 1989 won 4-0
    So many great memories attending these games with a young Ms Lat

I think I was with you for four of those Lats.
  • Options
    Newcastle 0-0 1998 - We've only got 10 men
    Millwall 0-2 - Kim Grant - We've only got 10 men
    Palace 69 in the cup
    Either promotion at Carlisle
    Leeds in the play offs
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Can't cut it down to five, but I'll leave out those on neutral grounds (St Andrews, Wembley)...

Ipswich in the play offs 1998
    Both the Carlise games
    Coventry in the cup
    Spuds in the cup 1985
    Fulham just before the 1986 Carlise trip- anyone else remember Steve Thompson doing a Ryan Giggs down the wing and setting up a goal?
    Gooners 4-2, although it was surreal
    The battle of the bridge

I saw the Leeds 2-1 in the lounge at The Valley-pandemonium when Snotty scored
  • Options
    Birmingham (a) last league game of 98 - What an atmosphere, what tension. I remember they threw everything at us (just like outside) but could not score. Remember Illic was brilliant that day and it meant they missed out on the play-offs. It's like a different ground going there these days though.

Cov in the Cup - 2-0 down, 3-2 up that's the way to win the Cup. Well untill Bolton anyway. Cracking away support and good drink in the (now gone) Sky Blue Tavern.

Liverpool - 3-3 draw and the 1-0 win. One game amazing, the other not so, but both brilliant for different reasons.

Villa - 4-3 - True Charlton spirit (Steve Bown & Steve Jones) to keep it going till the final week. Decent support.

Leeds - Parkers last min winner. Poor away support, hardly anyone there, no noise but did we go mental when that went in! Think that was on a sunday as well maybe??

Missed the 2-4 at Arsenal, but the 5-3 wern't bad a few years prior, despite the result. Charlton gave everything that day, but Arsenal were just on a different planet.
  • Options
    OK Lads, I was at the away game at home watching on a big screen on the pitch (Manure) anybody remember that one?
  • Options
    i know im going to think bloody hell forgot about that one.This not in any order.

The play-off Final?
  • Options
    I've usually been too psst at away games to remember much but flying up to Middlesborough was good (match poor from what I subsequently read ?) Any away day at shithurst has always been a laugh. Went to an away game c1990 away in Bristol and remember huge Charlton crowd in the away end that literally burst at the seams. When I was at Uni I did loads of away games so in general 1989 to 1992 in the midlands and yorkshire was great - I think ?!
  • Options
    Southampton - won 1-0 Iwelumo in stoppage time 2007
    Chelsea Caring Cup - won 1-1 (pen win) First loss at the Bridge for the Special One 2005
    Man City - won 4-1 New Years Day 2001
    Palace - won 1-0 Rommers in stoppage time 2004
    Arsenal - lose 3-0 managed to get the Highbury the season before it closed. Despite a poor performance and a crap result the banter in the crowd was hilarious!
  • Options
    Arsenal 4-2, unbelievable in every sense. I sat in North Bank keeping very quiet!