Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Exeter - Poll, score predictions, team selections etc

WSSWSS
edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Time to welcome Exeter to The Valley on Saturday. Are we going to get back to winning ways back after a couple of draws on the spin?

Will all those who have not trained in the week start? Should they start if they are not 100% anyway?

Get all of your views, predictions and the usual inane ramblings in here.

Comments

• Good, high quality comfortable win.
  • slow start but a nice 3 - 0 win with Racon getting off the mark for the season.
  • fill your boots!
  • Very unsure about playing people at 80% fit etc like Richardson, Sam etc.

I think i'd rather have them on the bench as reserve and play some fringe players. Obviously, we cannot make wholesale changes but I do think we are running the roisk of incurring more serious injuries without resting 1 or 2 of the "doubts".
  • anything less than a victory is unthinkable ....
  • If we want to have a realistic chance of going up this is a must-win.
  • comfortable (must-win if we have ambitions of going up) win...3-0, same starting 11
  • MAN THE TORPEDOS
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=29282&page=1
    ;-)
  • anything less than a win will be a big blow with two tricky away games next week
  • Sponsored links:

• OK own up, who has put Exeter down for a win?

Just got a text from Orange saying Richardson and bailey are major doubts, not too worried, as I think bailey certainly needs a rest and I would want Richardson fit for elland road, so Solly in would be a good game for him to start, be interesting to see how Parkie would replace bailey - the new winger, whose name I constantly forget or another central midfielder drifting in, maybe Waggie on the right and Sam on the left - not keen on that.
  • Bailey hasnt been up to scratch lately, so maybe a rest will do him good. McKenzie on the left and Waggy or Sam if fit on the right...Centre Mid picks itself.

Im going a very comfortable 4-0.....I think we are yet to see the best of us at home and this could be it.
  • Basey on the left
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Basey on the left

How about Basey at Left back and Youga on the left ....
  • Bailey is being played out of position and therefore not at his best so losing him is less of a blow then losing Semedo or Racon would be IMO.

Wagstaff has looked a bit more promising in what we have seen of him so far this season compared to last so prob. wouldn't be a disaster on the left.

Presumably Solly would start at right-back. Haven't seen him play at all so can't really comment on whether that would be a potential weakness?
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Bailey hasnt been up to scratch lately, so maybe a rest will do him good. McKenzie on the left and Waggy or Sam if fit on the right...Centre Mid picks itself.

Im going a very comfortable 4-0.....I think we are yet to see the best of us at home and this could be it.

Is McKenzie not injured? Maybe that other fella can't remember his name.
  • I have followed my season's superstition and voted for an Exeter win.

I shall be delighted to be proved wrong.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I have followed my season's superstition and voted for an Exeter win.

I shall be delighted to be proved wrong.
    You'll not be alone in that :-)
  • if Bailey is out I'd go for a 4-4-3 with Shelvey, Racon, Samedo in midfield and Izzy, Burton, Sam up top. We are playing Exeter not Barcelona so let's take them apart.
  • We have to start high tempo and not get bogged down in mid field . If we get the passing game going , no problems 3-1, if we get
    contricted in midfield then 1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]if Bailey is out I'd go for a 4-4-3 with Shelvey, Racon, Samedo in midfield and Izzy, Burton, Sam up top. We are playing Exeter not Barcelona so let's take them apart.

They may not be Barcelona, but we should definitely play with a goalkeeper ;)

I too would pick Izzy if Bailey isn't fit
  • Another win - but probably a tough game - will go for a 2-1 win. Rest Bailey if he isn't fully fit - he gets frustrated with himself and it translates to his performance if he isn't able to perform at his own high standards. Stick Waggy on the right and move Sam to the left for me...
  • Slow start, a couple of goals, Exeter pull one back and we get the final goal.

Unchanged side, but Bailey looks as though he's been carrying an injury and maybe he could be rested and I'd like to see Sodje get a run out.
  • I think it's gonna be tough. 2-2
  • I'm with Len Glover, no not the real Len and no not in a man sex way like 1905 and Stone, I mean I have always voted for the oppo this season, and normally been proved right, well we haven't won the last two. I worry about tomorrow as I won't be there and we have won every other home game I have not attended! Ok, so I still think they might be the bogey team and our only home loss this season, no reasons, when did reason come into it?
  • 3-1 Jonjo first and last dailly in between they will get a late consolation goal from a penalty and Llera will get sent off for the challenge.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]3-1 Jonjo first and last dailly in between they will get a late consolation goal from a penalty and Llera will get sent off for the challenge.

I'll give you 30-1 for that.

just the score and fgs that is. ;-)
  • Ha ha i'd want more than 30-1 if that all came true ;-)