Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson blasts Gills owner over Dickson deal

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4647620.Parkinson_blasts_Gills_owner_over_Dickson_deal/

Comments

• Options
    Lets leave it there now CAFC.

Too much tit for tat.
  • Options
    To be fair to Parky I suppose it's the reporters that are asking the questions and he's just giving them an answer rather than him keep bringing it up.
  • Options
    Bit of a rant by Mr P.....good on him.....but lets leave it there now and take 6 points
  • Options
    To be fair to Parky, he's been asked a direct question by a reporter today ...... and so he's given a direct answer.

After all, the evidence points to Gillingham who have acted unprofessionally ..... still owing money from last season's transactions and apparently in no hurry to settle up; tapping up another club's player persistantly over a period causing unrest with that player; accusing Charlton of acting unprofessionally when the same deal was conducted transparently with Bristol Rovers.

Mr Scally gives the impression of living in a glass house. Perhaps he shouldn't throw stones?
  • Options
    does his missus use this glass house for growing anything ?
  • Options
    which is the forum of theirs that has been linked to before, be interesting to read what they think of Scally over this matter ?
  • Options
    Fair comment and refreshingly honest but he makes it sounds like it was Gillingham that affected his mindset, he then goes out on loan to a completely different club and immediately looked like a different player (so I'm told).

Don't that say more about us?
  • Options
    Gillingham upset his mindset by suggesting he was guaranteed as starting place week in week out. After hearing that he obviously wasn't happy being 3rd or 4th choice at Charlton. Bristol have given him that starting position, so no surprise it has appeased his mindset in exactly the same way it would have done at gillingham.

All it says about us is that he isn't 1st choice here whilst he is at the other clubs. They obviously don't play 4-5-1 as I can't see Chris being the lone striker.
  • Options
    Parky is 100% right on this, and i'm glad he's stuck up for himself and the club. Gills fans are annoyed they didn't get dickson so scally is trying to direct the attention on to us.

Scally's got about as much class as simon jordan.
  • Options
    I posted this on the Dickson thread earlier. Further proof I suggest.

So how come The Jills and Scally insisted they did come back in for Dicko and we said they didn't. Well we all knew they were lying. See below.

BTW I reckon their proposed deal for Fry was ;- Can we have him on a permanent loan and can you pay all his wages? :-)

Gillingham unable to add to squad

Stimson took his side back into League One with promotion last season
    Gillingham have revealed they cannot afford to bring in any more players until next January at the earliest.

The Gills have been forced to end their interest in loaning West Ham defender Matt Fry due to a lack of funds.

Boss Mark Stimson says he has been told there is no money left in the playing budget and he cannot see that changing.

"I haven't got the money at the moment, and we haven't got any players to go out on loan because the squad isn't the biggest," Stimson told BBC Radio Kent.

"With the couple of injuries we've got, we can't allow anybody else to go out on loan who's really going to make that much difference to the money situation.

"The boy from West Ham [Fry] - we had to try and do a deal but at the moment we can't bring any players in so unfortunately he's staying there."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm all for it....well done Parky.
  • Options
    Scally is a complete Twonk I say let him have it, stokes it up nicely for when we play there in a bit.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]which is the forum of theirs that has been linked to before, be interesting to read what they think of Scally over this matter ?[/quote]

http://www.fansonline.net/gillingham/mb/view.php?id=81828

Can't do the pretty quotes AND a link I'm afraid!
  • Options
    Parky should be concentrating on making sure we get three points on Saturday and leaving this well alone.

He's got his way and Dickson is off the scene for the next three months at least.

Focus your mind Parkinson...
  • Options
    Oh, come on, Kins ...... the man was asked a question, and he answered it.

That's all.
  • Options
    Scally has been slagging him (lying his arse off quite a bit by all accounts) and he has actually been quite restrained in not reciprocating.

He was asked a question and now we all know what occurred.

Whoever thought that Scally would come out of this looking like a cock?

Well, I never!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Parky should be concentrating on making sure we get three points on Saturday and leaving this well alone.

He's got his way and Dickson is off the scene for the next three months at least.

Focus your mind Parkinson...

So he can't take a few moments just to answer a direct question put to him and explain his side of things as it may be distracting him from other matters Jeeezuz kin, give us a break matey....Mmmmmmmm so according to your reasoning any Parky detractors should add 'his inability to multi task' to his list of failures!
    I've personaly 'never' knocked Parkinson by the way.
  • Options
    Should have said he didn't want to talk about Dickson any more and said he just wants to talk about the players he got at the club and Saturday's game IMO

managers are under no obligation to answer questions at these do's if they don't want to...
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Should have said he didn't want to talk about Dickson any more and said he just wants to talk about the players he got at the club and Saturday's game IMO

managers are under no obligation to answer questions at these do's if they don't want to...

"Didn't want to talk about Dickinson any more"...I admit I have been away a fair bit over the last week or two but as far as I know this is almost his first reference to Dickson in some time and certainly the case as far as Dickson/Scally and Gillingham are concerned.
  • Options
    Dickinson????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Should have said he didn't want to talk about Dickson any more and said he just wants to talk about the players he got at the club and Saturday's game IMO

"Didn't want to talk about Dickinson any more"...I admit I have been away a fair bit over the last week or two but as far as I know this is almost his first reference to Dickinson in some time and certainly the case as far as Dickinson/Scally and Gillingham are concerned.

TBF there has been a fair amount about DICKSON but then again there is a fair amount of interest and Kent papers like the News shopper and the KM are going to like it as a story as it covers both clubs.

If Super Phil had said "I'm not taking about DICKSON" then he would have been accused by some of hiding or running scared or having poor communication skills or disrespecting the fans etc etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Dickinson????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh well...you know who I mean, I'm tired and have had a very very hard day at work...............thankfully!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yes, you can't blame Parky. Scally effectively called him a liar the other day, so surely the guy is entitled to hit back. Although there also appears to have been some confusion of responsibilities at our end between Waggott and Parky over who was conducting negotiations with Gillingham.

Scandalous - but hardly surprising - that they still haven't paid what they owe over Josh Wright.

I've always had an affection for the Gills because they have close ties with Kent CCC and many of the friends I sit with every day at Canterbury all summer follow them. But Scally makes it very hard to maintain that affection.

I guess one has to separate the club and the chairman .I have affection for the club but , sadly, they happen to be owned by a complete twat. All of my Gills/Kent friends readily acknowledge the bloke's shortcomings and tell me he's actually a Millwall fan... I feel sorry for them because they deserve better.

As for the local media interest, well as someone noted above, it's hardly surprising as many of the reporters at Parky's press conference have to cover both CAFC and the Gills, so in that respect it's a huge story for them.
  • Options
    I agree, Nigel.

I actually quite like the Gills, but their chairman is a fibbing spanner w*nkshaft!
  • Options
    I can happily confirm Gillingham is not in Shopperland!
  • Options
    And Scally bats the ball back

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/8274020.stm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Scandalous - but hardly surprising - that they still haven't paid what they owe over Josh Wright.

still havn't paid half the gate money for a PSF about ten years ago or something like that. Scally is a no class knob.
  • Options
    From Thommo's link...
    Scally has said he wants no further negotiations with their more illustrious neighbours

scally won't like them saying ' more illustrious neighbours' - that's half his problem with us, imho. Does no further negotiations include talking about the money parky says they still owe us?
  • Options
    He wasn't aware they owe us money? Mmmmm
  • Options
    Ah, so Mr Gillingham himself has no idea what goes on at his own club.
    That makes him just a talking head.

"Scally has said he wants no further negotiations with their more illustrious neighbours ....."

Illustrious? - that'll be us, then. Certainly compared to Gillingham.

"I think Phil Parkinson is paranoid we would make him a better player and make him look stupid."

Hmmmmm ........ maybe the one intriguing point he has made so far?