Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SE London Nights Out One for the more mature fan , The Welcome Inn

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Talking about the Austral, anyone else remember ; The Falcon Wednesday's and Friday Nights, The Dutch House Sunday Night '............. THe days of the walk of shame fot that Slow Dance

Comments

• I saw the Pink Fairies and Manfred Mann's Earth Band at the Falcon early 70's.

Probably drinking with you, Nelse ....... lol
  • Goochies at The Falcon on Firday and Satuday nights 1981-84 for me. Danielles at The Dutch House.
  • The welcome inn most nights for me, goochies friday and saturday night 1981 to 1983 for me, ah sky blue farahs gabbici cardigan, oops cardigan thats why im on here.
  • Welcome Inn on a Sunday night was a bit lively. Flamingos was also fun for awhile.
  • Besides the Who playing at Charlton they played at Lewisham Odeon. The Beatles played there as well as ELP who I saw.

Greenwich Town Hall Had amongst others UFO and Amen Corner when Number 1.

Jimi Hendrix played at the Bromley Court Hotel and Chiselhust Caves on his first tour in 67. Other acts regularly appeared there in the ball room I understand I think Bowie did.

The Harrow Inn:had various rock night I saw a couple of acts there.
    The Black Prince: Saw the Grounhogs, Uriah Heep ( ears still ringing) and the late great Rory Gallagher on a warm up tour who played for three hours non stop.
    Woolwich Poly: Friday night I think the Students Union saw, Pink Fairies, Edgar Broughton Band, The Strawbs, Jethro Tull members called 'wild turkey'
    The Woodman: Hamsters, and other tribute bands
    There was also the Tramshed, and other pubs like Bear and ragged staff that still have groups like Gambler. And there is Catford Town hall saw Peter Green there a few years ago, and the Acai Hall Dartford

Still go to Peter Feenstra, Blues rock shows at the Beverwood on Tuesday and Thursdays he has a some great live acts and tribute bands. Good night out
    http://www.feenstra.co.uk/ well worth checking out. Not just tribute bands but musicians that play

Compared to today there was a lot of Live music, both locally, and in central London.

keep on rockin......
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Goochies at The Falcon on Firday and Satuday nights 1981-84 for me. Danielles at The Dutch House.

Used to go there practically every Friday from 84-85
  • edited September 2009
    Anyone remember The King and Queen pub in Mottingham. Shite hole as I remember it but a good place to pull. About 1974 ish I rekon. Also used to go to the Welcome Inn on sunday nights. Seems sooooo long ago now.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Anyone remember The King and Queen pub in Mottingham. Shite hole as I remember it but a good place to pull. About 1974 ish I rekon. Also used to go to the Welcome Inn on sunday nights. Seems sooooo long ago now.

The King and Queen, one I'd forgotten also the Swan in Lee . That would have been mid 70's for me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I saw the Pink Fairies and Manfred Mann's Earth Band at the Falcon early 70's.

Probably drinking with you, Nelse ....... lol

Yeah I think I remember the Manfred Mann gig, also Uriah Heep at the Black princearound the same time.
  • I think Slade played at the Black Prince once.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]I think Slade played at the Black Prince once.

They did. I was there. *shouldn't have admitted that, it was 1971*
  • Slade

14th November 1971 I would guess Oggy
  • Oggy r u Noddy Holder ?
  • Woolwich Tramshed Thursday Nights. More bands than I care to remember
  • Thin Lizzy ,Status Que and Slade at BlackPrince 70-71.
    Rod Stewart Lewisham Odeon 1971.
    Meeting up with Paul Hewitt once lead singer with the Birmingham band The Rocking Berries next week.
    All of the above bring back days gone past.