Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    The fans falling through the gate!
  • Options
    said it on here before & I'll say it again..........we need a goalscorer.

Nothing against Macleod - I'm sure he is a nice bloke - but a striker would have buried that chance and at 3-1 it would have been game over. Just the sort of ball Dickson would thrive on,,,,,,,,,hmmm, wonder what's happened to him ?
  • Options
    the first norwich goal bugs me more everytime I see it
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]said it on here before & I'll say it again..........we need a goalscorer.

Nothing against Macleod - I'm sure he is a nice bloke - but a striker would have buried that chance and at 3-1 it would have been game over. Just the sort of ball Dickson would thrive on,,,,,,,,,hmmm, wonder what's happened to him ?

Every striker misses sometimes and Dicko is no different. He missed a sitter at The Valley last season against Doncaster if I remember rightly.

EDIT: That said one would have expected a 20 goal a season man (which McLeod has been) to stick that one away.
  • Options
    First time I've seen the goals was tonight.

Great header from Burton, great move for the 2nd.....

Sloppy play from Llera & Richardson for their 1st and a blatant foul on Elliot for the equaliser. 99/100 that would have been disallowed.

Piss poor from Mcleod.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]said it on here before & I'll say it again..........we need a goalscorer.

[cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Every striker misses sometimes and Dicko is no different. He missed a sitter at The Valley last season against Doncaster if I remember rightly.

Probably already been said on the Dickson thread, but any conversation about him immaterial whilst Parkinson is the manager. Don't believe he'll get anywhere near our first team whist Parky is in charge.

To be honest, he seems to have given up on playing for us so if we can get a decent fee for him in January might be in everyones interest to move him on.
  • Options
    Just seen those highlights for the first time and fekin hell, we tried our very best to sefl destruct...again.
  • Options
    From the highlights...we look susceptible to pace and from that angle Norwich's equaliser should have been disallowed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Just seen those highlights for the first time and fekin hell, we tried our very best to sefl destruct...again.

It's easy to say that from a 2 minute highlight reel, when in fact it was nothing like one of last season's capitulations. Although we were hanging on at the end, Elliot only had 1 save to make (which was fantastic) and Semedo made a quality last ditch tackle. Besides that we tried to catch them on the break and defended pretty well.

So it is similar in as much as they equalised, but the manner in which the team fought was commendable.
  • Options
    Just sen the highlights, which are always a bit misleading from being there. Elliott made a big deal out of the second goal and yes he did make contact, but there were 4 Charlton players around him and yes in the prem it would probaly not have been allowed! Does not make it right but afraid it's all spilt milk now. Never been convinced by Macleod but then that is what we have. The 4.4.2 formation does not seem an option with this squad which is worrying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McLeod simply made it difficult for himself by running through the channel wide, instead of cutting inside into a more central position.

Shooting from a narrow angle is always the difficult option.

Running at the keeper one-on-one from a more central position gives the striker 2 options, to place the ball either side - and anyway, a larger target to aim at.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Only just watched these highlights.

Anyone else a tad disappointed at Racon's reaction to our second goal? Just wonder if he's got a goalscoring bet on with Jonjo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]McLeod simply made it difficult for himself by running through the channel wide, instead of cutting inside into a more central position.

Running at the keeper one-on-one from a more central position gives the striker 2 options, to place the ball either side - and anyway, a larger target to aim at.

Always agree with you Oggy. Additionally, I would add that if he had shot with the inside of the foot, it may have curled in. Hitting it with the outside of the foot meant it was always going to go wide. I never expected him to score for one second. A lack of composure and common sense I feel. Hopefully the coaches will be discussing this with him. But it's easy sitting here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]McLeod simply made it difficult for himself by running through the channel wide, instead of cutting inside into a more central position.

Quite true , also cutting in cuts off a defenders run to cover. His first touch lets him down in positioning himself to attack centrally.
  • Options
    I know it easy to say from here but it was a bad decision from McLeod. One on One in that position, you gotta make the goalkeeper work. Just drill it at him if you have to, if he saves it then theres a chance we get a corner and waste more time...or like covered end says use the inside of your foot. Dunno what that outside of the boot business was all about from McLeod....Not good enough.
  • Options
    There is a striker currently playing for Bristol Rovers who twice demonstrated great compsoure on Saturday, finishing magnificently both times. Perhaps we should think about signing him as cover or possibly even as a mentor for Izale.

I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]There is a striker currently playing for Bristol Rovers who twice demonstrated great compsoure on Saturday, finishing magnificently both times. Perhaps we should think about signing him as cover or possibly even as a mentor for Izale.

I'll get my coat.

We've tried him, he didn't seem to want to run at the time.
  • Options
    First time I've seen McCleods chance, at no point did he look like he would score that....he is clearly very low on confidence, should at least make the keeper work from there.