Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top Ten and Next Four Games

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
FACT ..
As the league table stands at the moment, Charlton have not played against a team in the top 10.Although we have played the bottom 4 sides.
The next 4 league games are so different ,having never lost at hometo Exter City or Oldham Athletic and never beaten Colcester Untied away from home we come up against Leeds Untied on a run of 13 home wins.So what will be the outcome of the 4 games and what position will Charlton hold after playing 12 league games.

Comments

• Options
    I can honestly see you getting all 3 points against us on Saturday. Along with probably another 3 points against Oldham. Colchester away will be a very difficult place to go as they seem to like playing at home, even if they dont win every week there. Leeds at home will be a different matter completely compared to the other 3 matches you have. I can see this either being a draw or being settled by one goal to either team.
  • Options
    Charlton will win at least three of the next four games.
  • Options
    correct lewis , we've had it easy up to now ... colchester and leeds we'll show us where we're at
  • Options
    charlton wont win 3 of their next four league games imo ... we haven't won any of our last two ;-(
  • Options
    If passed results are anything to go by Exeter City game should be home win 1-0 as 7 games out of the 11 we have played ended up 1-0 home win.Colchester i would be happy with a draw and nothing other than awin at home to Oldham would do.As for Leeds want i want and what we get could be miles apart but 8 points from 12 i would take.
    If you are going to The Valley Grecian 32 have a good day out ,other than the 3 points.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]charlton wont win 3 of their next four league games imo ... we haven't won any of our last two ;-(
    We've won three-quarters of our games so far...
  • Options
    If we have 24 points after 12 games we are still on target for automatic promotion.

An average of 2 points a game ie win at home and draw away will be good enough.

If two teams can better that then good luck to them. They deserve it more.

At the moment we have 20 points from 8.
  • Options
    That is because after playing us the teams drop out of the top ten, wasn't brenford up there till they played us
  • Options
    UNCLE
    As the table stands at the moment i said.BRENTFORD ARE NOW 11TH.
    But i know what you mean.
  • Options
    Everyone was saying we hadn't played anyone and Brentford would be a test, well we passed that test, Then they said exactly the same before the Southampton game and we were still unbeaten, then it was Norwich that was going to be our biggest test. I'm not sure but i still believe we are unbeaten, Maybe we have played good teams (for this league) but they just aint good enough for us. Maybe just maybe its because we're good and not because we have only played shite teams. What is it with people and this club? why cant anyone just be happy we're doing really well and not keep looking for our first defeat, just say you can say " i told you we hadn't played anyone yet". Lewis Coaches i'm not aiming this at you, i've just been reading all different threads and it seems more like we are near the bottom of the table not the top. Has it been so long suffering that everyone has forgotten how to enjoy success. And before everyone shouts out that its only third tier, yes i know it is but thats where we are so deal with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another way of looking at it, is that the top 10 have yet to play us and where will they be after the next 4 games :o) I believe the team is finding it a little easier away from home at present (because of the way it is set up 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 whichever way you see it !) and we may do better against Colchester and Leeds than many may expect. I am expecting 7 points and will take anything more as a bonus !
  • Options
    Quote .........What is it with people and this club? why cant anyone just be happy we're doing really well and not keep looking for our first defeat,

Well said UNCLE - agree with you 100%
  • Options
    Agree with you no.1.
    The teams in top ten now need to play US
    Will they remain in the top ten?
    I beleive we will get 12 points from our next four games....FACT.
  • Options
    Anyway who have Leeds played?
    They beat WW 1-0
    They beat Warsaw 2-1
    They beat Tranny 3-0

We topped 'em on all these games, so what are people fretting for?
  • Options
    as said who have leeds played so far?

Huddersfild lost to Millwall.

My view is that the next 38 games will really tell us how good we are.
  • Options
    I refuse to acknowledge Leed's 13 game winning streak at home, given they drew with Millwall in the playoffs, thus cutting this run in half. They may have won 13 *league* games in a row, but they couldn't beat Millwall at home. Therefore, it's null and void :)

The teams we have played may not be in the top 10 at the moment, but I think Norwich (and possibly Brentford) will fall into that category by the end of the season, and I think Southampton would finish in the top 10 were it not for the points deduction.
  • Options
    i fancy we can win all these games leeds ok a good side but they aint no better than us 4 out of 4 for me.
  • Options
    Uncle the tradition of a charlton supporter is to be a pessimist. There are many clubs whose fans believe they are better than their league position suggests they are and that they will claim their rightful place any minute now. Charlton supporters in general are the opposite, believing any elevated league position is just about to be found out and we'll come tumbling around. Historically, it has been more true than false.

Stay with us Uncle there are some optimists around .. I'll let you judge if there are any realists.
  • Options
    exactly. you won't find any of us claiming to be bigger than spurs or west ham and that a change of manager would be needed to take us to that next level....
  • Options
    So far Leeds have played

Exeter H W 2 - 1

Wycombe A W 1 - 0

Warsaw A W 2 - 1

Tranmere H W 3 - 0

Colchester U A W 2 - 1

Stockport H W 2 - 0

Southend A D 0 - 0

Gillingham H W 4 - 1

Only Colchester are contenders.

So have they had an easy start? To a certain extent yes. On paper ours has been slightly tougher but Leeds have still won 7 and they can only beat the teams in front of them. Along the way they will have built their confidence and resilience just as we have.

Leeds next few games are:

MK Dons v Leeds United

Leeds United v Carlisle

Leeds United v Charlton

Bristol Rovers v Leeds United

Leeds United v Norwich

Millwall v Leeds United
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10, couldn't have put it better myself!

we are the polar opposite of say Spurs fans who think each year they are on the verge of breaking into the Top Four then came down to earth with a bump, generally sooner rather than later
  • Options
    So looking forward to he elland road game. It should be a cracker!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]UNCLE
    As the table stands at the moment i said.BRENTFORD ARE NOW 11TH.
    But i know what you mean.

They weren't 11th when we played them though...

One of the reasons why they are 11th is because we beat them.
  • Options
    I reckon we will be back on top come 5 o'clock saturday.
    Leeds losing at MK and we beat Exeter.
  • Options
    Exeter 2-1
    Colchester 0-3
    Leeds 0-0
    Oldham 0-0
    Five points out of 12 not good enough.Last 3 games unable to score although the point gained at Leeds last week was a good result and the way Charlton played i was happy with .Watching that game live on tv was a bonus,but the four games overall disappointing.
    Just had the radio on for the Oldham game hit woodwork twice but only 1 point,glad i did not travel over for that one.
    Have to play with more than 1 player up front at home.