Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Narridge v Charlton - Player ratings

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Be grateful if those at the game could copy and paste the bit below and give your ratings out of ten (half marks allowed):

Elliot -
Richardson -
Dailly -
Llera -
Youga -
Sam -
Semedo -
Racon -
Shelvey -
Bailey -
Burton -

Comments

• Options
    Elliot - 7(couldnt really do much about goals)
    Richardson -6.5(didnt really see him much of the game, but cant remember him having a shocker)
    Dailly -6.5(not his greatest game also some nervy headers)
    Llera -7.5(couldnt fault his play, won most headers against there big fat lump)
    Youga -7(solid game, starting to make that left spot his own again after dodgy start to the season)
    Sam -6.5(very quiet game, nothing of note blazed shot over from outside the box)
    Semedo -7.5(assured as ever in the middle mopping up)
    Racon -7(again assured but didnt stand out as much as semedo)
    Shelvey -8(MOM- thought shelvey had very good game, assist for first goal, scored the second and gave him extra for him taunting the norwich fans was pure brilliance! lol)
    Bailey -6(worst player for me, didnt get involved. didnt create anything or have any chances to make the inside run)
    Burton -7(great header for first goal, worked his socks off)

All in all fair result, first half we were dominant but after let in sloppy goal just before half time they were the better team and we could barely get into it
    Good day out still, think the norwich fans are mugs!!!!

Subs did nothing of note, other then silly mcleod booking
  • Options
    Fans (1% of them) - 0 - if you were there you know why
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Elliot - 7 - knocked off the ball for the equaliser. Was it a foul?
    Richardson - 7 - very confident performance
    Dailly - 7.5 - bossed our defence well when we were under a lot of pressure
    Llera - 6 - loses his head too often
    Youga - 7 - good solid performance. Great pass to set McLeod through on the keeper at the end
    Sam - 7 - great run & cross to set up JJ's goal
    Semedo - 7.5 - some great tackling, including a brilliant block to stop a Norwich breakaway goal
    Racon - 7 - some nice passes & good breaks
    Shelvey - 8 - good game. Made Deon's goal with his corner, scored a lovely header & really riled up the Norwich fans
    Bailey - 6 - not really involved & gave the ball away far too often
    Burton - 8.5 - my MOTM. Some of his touches were just pure class. A real quality player. Nice goal & a broken nose
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Elliot - 8.5 - Good saves, did well with crosses he had, catching or punching. No chance for first goal, was fouled for second
    Richardson - 7 - solid today and tough character, needs to work on stopping crosses coming over though
    Dailly - 7.5 - marshalled well, 100% effort. great character
    Llera - 4 - Badly at fault for our first goal and poor all game
    Youga - 8 - Best out field player for me today
    Sam - 6.5 - did little but to be fair it was a great cross for the JJ goal.
    Semedo - 6 - Not as good as usual and stood off in midfield too much in second half (but one superb block to stop a certain goal)
    Racon - 5.5 - As per Semedo but slightly worse
    Shelvey - 8 - excellent header for his goal, plus made the first, worked his socks off. good game, tired at end (great wind up of the Norwich fans)
    Bailey - 5 - worst game this season and bottled a couple of challenges near the end which was unlike him
    Burton - 7 - worked and worked, very good in the role he is playing

Waggy - 6 - Not really involved when he came on
    Mcleod - 5 - Should at LEAST have got his shot on target when he broke free, could (and should) have won the game for us and will start the Dicko supporters off!

Parky - 6 - Thought he should have bought off Llera for Sodje about 20 mins into second half. Strange substituions IMO - why take off Sam who has pace when our best chance was to hit Norwich on the counter attack.

Norwich Fans - 2 - Celebrated getting a point like they had won and then cheered the Leeds result which means nothing to them loader than they cheered their own goal all because we were not top any more. Grow up and concentrate on your own team guys.

I thought we were very fortunate to get a point on the balance of play today as we were very poor second half. That said, as per Parky's post match comments you could not fault any player for lack of commitment, it just was not our day and to play poorly and still pick up a point away at Norwich is nothing to sniff at. 8 games and still unbeaten, lying second in the league - I would have taken that at the start of the season.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Elliot - 7.5 decent performance, fouled for their second
    Richardson - 6.5 gave the ball away too much for my liking. Possibly at fault for their goal
    Dailly - 7.5 decent performance
    Llera - 7 He did OK for the most part although he does worry me especially when the ball is on the ground
    Youga - 8 a really classy performance and back to somewhere near the level he acheived when he came back from Scunnie
    Sam - 8 ran his socks off, great cross for JJs goal
    Semedo - 7 not at his best today, although some great challenges
    Racon - 7 glimpses of quality but didn't impose himself enough especially in the second half
    Shelvey - 8 excellent game, one of his best.
    Bailey - 6.5 not at his best, and lucky to stay on the pitch in the first half
    Burton - 8.5 MOM for me. His close control was excellent, he worked really hard and took his goal well

Mcleod - 6.5 Lively. He just needs a goal or two to lift his confidence.
    Wagstaff - 6 little chance to make an impact.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Elliot - 8 - Couple of really good saves.
    Richardson - 7 - Generally did well.
    Dailly - 7 - Solid, dependable.
    Llera - 4 - One good interception, but Norwich went past him like he weren't even there. And sometimes, he actually wasn't even there for them to have to go past him.
    Youga - 8 - One of his best games for us.
    Sam - 8.5 - Excellent again.
    Semedo - 6 - A few great blocks, but gave away posession cheaply.
    Racon - 6 - Lacked his usual influence. Disappeared second half.
    Shelvey - 8 - Kept posession well. Was always a threat.
    Bailey - 5 - Backed out of tackles, failed to have any influence/get involved. Get the feeling he's carrying a knock.
    Burton - 7 - Held the ball up well and a nice diving header for the goal.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson -8
    Dailly -7
    Llera -5
    Youga -7
    Sam -7
    Semedo -7
    Racon -7
    Shelvey -7
    Bailey -6
    Burton - 7
  • Options
    Elliot -7
    Richardson -7
    Dailly -7
    Llera -7.5
    Youga -6.5
    Sam -6.5
    Semedo -7
    Racon -7
    Shelvey -8.5 MOM
    Bailey -6
    Burton -7.5

Thought Bailey had a pretty awful day all in, possibly carrying a knock?
    JJ deffo MOM, I thought the 1-0 sign to their fans worked in our favour and stopped them supporting their players for a while, didn't stop running whole game. Well done Jonjo.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 7
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 7
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 8
    Bailey - 6
    Burton - 8
  • Options
    Elliot -8
    Richardson -7
    Dailly -7
    Llera -7.5
    Youga -8
    Sam -7
    Semedo -7
    Racon -7
    Shelvey -8.5
    Bailey -6.0
    Burton - 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot -6
    Richardson -6
    Dailly -7
    Llera -5
    Youga -7
    Sam -8
    Semedo -6
    Racon -6
    Shelvey -7
    Bailey -5
    Burton - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 5
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 6
    Shelvey - 8
    Bailey - 5
    Burton - 6.5
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Elliot -6.5
    Richardson -7
    Dailly -7
    Llera -5.5
    Youga -7
    Sam -6.5
    Semedo -6.5
    Racon -6.5
    Shelvey -7.5
    Bailey -5.5
    Burton - 7.5
  • Options
    Ha ha Covered End and Covered End Junior have a slight difference of opinion about how Sam played ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Ha ha Covered End and Covered End Junior have a slight difference of opinion about how Sam played ;-)

Amazing isn't it how people see things differently. I thought Sam was our best player and Llera worst, yet 4 out of 10 posters rated Llera above Sam.

I thought Sam looked Premiership class.

Overall it was our worst performance of the season, but probably against the best team (considering they were at home in front of a supportive 24,000).

However, it was still a good performance first half and not so good second half.

However, they all tried 100% as they have all season and you can't win them all. I'm more than happy with the point.

Well played lads, still unbeaten !
  • Options
    Elliot -5
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly -6.5
    Llera -5
    Youga -7.5
    Sam -6.5
    Semedo -6
    Racon -6.5
    Shelvey -7
    Bailey -5
    Burton -6.5
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 7
    Dailly - 8
    Llera - 7
    Youga - 7
    Sam - 7.5
    Semedo - 6
    Racon - 5 Thought the central two midfields performance was the reason we didn't boss the game as much as we have done
    Shelvey - 8 Just pipped for MOM but a really positive performance
    Bailey - 4 Woeful and I am suprised nobody has mentioned his petulance that should have got him sent off. Didnt win one 50/50 challenge and passing was poor
    Burton - 8.5 Super performance with a great all round display as a one up front, part of a two and later on in midfield.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 7 - didn't think he had a nightmare as others has suggested. I thought he was harshly booked and was dominant in the air.
    Youga - 7
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 8
    Bailey - 5.5
    Burton - 8

I thought Wagstaff looked weak when he came on. We really needed to keep the ball and he in no way contributed to this. Would've preferred Sodje/Spring to come on, even if it meant a reshuffle in formation.
  • Options
    Elliot -7 Another wonder save
    Richardson -6 Reminded me of a headless chicken at times
    Dailly -6 Worst Ive seen him play so far
    Llera -4 I would have taken him off myself....he made a lumbering No9 Look Like Zinedan Zidane in the 2nd
    Youga -8.5 Improved yet again and my MOM
    Sam -7 No idea why he went off....couldnt expect another Waggy cameo goal surely?
    Semedo -7 Did do much wrong when he was involved
    Racon -6.5 Not at his best by a long chalk
    Shelvey -8 Loved the wind up tactics and took his goal well....gotta love this boy
    Bailey -4 Worst Ive ever seen him play
    Burton 8 His first touch is sublime, played well throughout and took his goal well

Another ten minutes and we would have lost this game.....I would have liked to have seen this "plan B" today, as we were well and truly sussed out. Had a lovely beer in Weatherspoons before the game, no hint of any antagonism from the Canary fans.....Couple tried to eye it up after the game....really, just realise youre bloody Norwich and dont kid yourself...Anybody would have thought they had won a cup final....and I walked away in the mood of losing and very dissapointed.

Mcleod 5 Waggy 5
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 7
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 7
    Sam - 8
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 6
    Shelvey - 7
    Bailey - 6
    Burton - 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 7
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 5
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 7.5
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 6.5
    Shelvey - 8 MOM
    Bailey - 6
    Burton - 8
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 7
    Sam - 6
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 6
    Shelvey - 8
    Bailey - 5
    Burton - 7.5

Parky - 4
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Elliot - 8 - Great point blank save, he really impresses me.
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 6 - I don't rate him at all.
    Youga - 7.5 - Great on the ball.
    Sam - 7.5 - Ooooooh, he was on fire!
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 8 - Another great performance again, capped off with a goal and an assist.
    Bailey - 6.5 - lucky not to get sent off, looked a bit tired.
    Burton - 7.5 - Great work rate.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 - didn't have much to do 1st half and punched what he could in the 2nd half
    Richardson - 7 - some excellen runs and coped well
    Dailly - 7.5 - experience shone through
    Llera - 6 - losses his head too often & a sending off waiting to happen.
    Youga - 7 - gets better game by game.
    Sam - 7.5 excellent cross for 2nd goal - shame he can't last 90 mins
    Semedo - 8 great distribution and excellen ackle in 2nd half saved a certain goal.
    Racon - 7 steady as ever and a copy of mazey runs
    Shelvey - 7.5 corners getting better and was solid all game
    Bailey - 6 poor (again) - too many mispalced passess and gave up with 10 mns to go
    Burton - 7.5 great header for 1st goal and haold up play was good

Parky - 6 needs to realise he can actually use 3 subs
  • Options
    These figures maybe slightly inaccurate due to the amount of booze consumed before kickoff.

Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 7
    Dailly - 7 - Solid.
    Llera - 6 - I never feel comfortable when he is near the ball, its like a hot potato to him.
    Youga - 7
    Sam - 7.5 - Livewire and threatened all game, can tell he is brimming with confidence.
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 6
    Shelvey - 8 - Our superstar, simply a class above anyone else on the pitch.
    Bailey - 5 - Was missing for most of the game.
    Burton - 7 - Held the ball up well and brought others into play

Parky - 5 - That equaliser was always going to come, perhaps could of done more to prevent the way the second half went.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 (again very good just occasional inexperience at times)
    Richardson - 7 (solid)
    Dailly - 7 (solid)
    Llera - 6.5 (solid most of the time - how many times did he head the ball out! just ocaasional lapse)
    Youga - 7 ( played weel and glad to see last weeks silliness was out of his system)
    Sam - 7.5 (always a danger in first half when he got the ball - we will become worryingly one dimensional if his hamstring proves to be serious)
    Semedo - 7.5 (a massive player for us when we start to get pressure onto us)
    Racon - 6 (very good when things are going well but lacks the strength when we start to be under pressure)
    Shelvey - 7.5 (works incredibly hard which amazingly most people don't seem to give him enough credit)
    Bailey - 5 (his form is a little worrying - maybe because he's not a natural winger)
    Burton - 7.5 MOM (magnificent hold up play in first half - dropped too deep late in the game presumably because we were getting outfought)

Wagstaff - 6 - he will be a very good player but at the moment he's still not quite ready for these type of battles
    McLeod- 5.5 - prob unfar as he was totally isolated as we went a defensive 4-5-1 or even 9-0-1 at times late on. I just wonder if he would have done better on the wing and move bailey inside to strenghten the middle

Overall a good display and would have been happy with a point before the game. Norwich will undoubtably start to climb the table and keeps us 11 points ahead of them!