Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mayweather v Marquez

I'm really looking forward to this one tonight, decent undercard too.

I think Mayweather will be given a real test by Marquez, he is made of granite that guy but I have to fancy Floyd to win after the 12

Marquez though, if he works Mayweather very intensely from the start (fights the way he can) and doesn't let him get into a rythym he could cause an upset and put Mayweather on his arse.

Comments

• Floyd will knock him out in 6.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'm really looking forward to this one tonight, decent undercard too.

I think Mayweather will be given a real test by Marquez, he is made of granite that guy but I have to fancy Floyd to win after the 12

Marquez though, if he works Mayweather very intensely from the start (fights the way he can) and doesn't let him get into a rythym he could cause an upset and put Mayweather on his arse.[/quote]

this will make u laugh mate,on strictly come dancing last night ,when calzaghe comes on I say he was a brillant boxer undefeated etc,my eleven year old says was he good,better than that oakey cokey boxer.She only saw fight night once and tony oakey was on it and has never forgot his entrance to the ring.
  • I think Mayweather will be given a real test by Marquez, he is made of granite that guy but I have to fancy Floyd to win after the 12

Mayweather has come out of retirement to pick up a few more million, I really can't see that his handlers are going to let him fight anyone decent so soon and threaten all that profit. I'd give this guy Marquez about five rounds before he does an Eduardo, just enough to give Mayweather a decent bit of re-acclimatising exercise and not leave the punters feeling too short changed.
  • what channel and what time? forgot about this
  • its live on sky one 1am I think
  • As above, and it's FREE
  • its actually on at 2am not 1, but glad its not on ppv
  • Floyd should have enough to beat him inside 6. Don't forget to look out for The Game Triple H walking Mayweather to the ring!
  • Mayweather will knock him out inside 8.
  • Looking forward to it
  • Sponsored links:

• Mayweather to win inside 6
  • Have you ever seen Marquez fight?
  • Anyone know where I can stream it, or it all over already?
  • Jesus H Christ in a motorised sidecar - how that judge gave Escobedo FOUR ROUNDS over Katsidis is a mystery for the ages. That is an absolute disgrace - and the other bloke who only gave Katsidis two more rounds than him is a muppet too. Good fight - but Katsidis won that by five clear rounds.
  • Mayweather totally outclassed Marquez. Won on points 118-109,120-107 & 119-108.
  • was quite enjoying the mayweather fight but as it started a bit late I only got to see 4 rounds before the sky + stopped !
  • Totally agree about the Katsidis comments, how on earth it came close in the judges eyes was beyond me.

Some good bouts on that undercard
  • ''Marquez is as tough as nails''.....so true from Mayweather who completely out boxed his opponent, but what an advert for boxing this fight was.

.... but then that other mug had to come in the ring at the end giving it the big'en. Mayweather will destroy him.
  • [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]''Marquez is as tough as nails''.....so true from Mayweather who completely out boxed his opponent, but what an advert for boxing this fight was.

.... but then that other mug had to come in the ring at the end giving it the big'en. Mayweather will destroy him.

Shane Mosely and Bernard Hopkins were dicking around in the ring after the decision was announced. Mayweather is more similar in style to Mosely than a lot of others but he will eat him, far too quick for Mosely.

Cotto I think is the only boxer about that can do a number on Mayweather, and to get the chance he has got to beat Pacquiao. I think Cotto will bash Pacuiao personally then give Mayweather a proper fight if Mayweather doesn't duck him.
  • I don't see Mayweather ducking anybody Carter, nor does he need too.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I don't see Mayweather ducking anybody Carter, nor does he need too.

He has had opportunities to fight Cotto in the past and swerved him, or his advisors swerved him at least.

You're right though, he has no need to be fearful of anyone.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I don't see Mayweather ducking anybody Carter, nor does he need too.

He has had opportunities to fight Cotto in the past and swerved him, or his advisors swerved him at least.

You're right though, he has no need to be fearful of anyone.

I think Cotto v Mayweather is one of the few, if not only, fights i'd pay to see at the moment.
  • sod all this beating around the bush. mayweather should tell mosely to sit down shut up. EVERYONE wants mayweather vs pacqui. Surely! just give us what we want. i would pay good money to watch that aswell.
  • [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]sod all this beating around the bush. mayweather should tell mosely to sit down shut up. EVERYONE wants mayweather vs pacqui. Surely! just give us what we want. i would pay good money to watch that aswell.

I'm not sure mate, I would rather see Cotto beat Pacman and him fight Mayweather. Much more chance of Mayweather getting hurt there too!
  • i cant see pacman losing to anyone but cotto would be close.

when is the haymaker fighting that dirty big lump?
  • Soon, got that one penned in for a bit of a gathering.
  • Mayweather getting owned on the radio , mouthy idiot.

Well worth a listen

http://www.zshare.net/audio/676796581a1c2a9e/
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Mayweather getting owned on the radio , mouthy idiot.

Well worth a listen

http://www.zshare.net/audio/676796581a1c2a9e/

That was excellent!
  • never owned in the ring.