Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich-Charlton Match Thread

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
All the usual booze fuelled nonsense in here.....

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    according to this mornings paper, gonna be the same starting 11 for the 8th game running.....tbc though....
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    To Robin hood.

Parkinson parkinson,
    rode us through the storm,
    parkinson parkinson,
    now were back on form,

Back up the leagues......where we belllooooooooong!
    Parkinson........parkinson.......parkinson!
  • Options
    Early news is that the match will be played at Carrow Road and Norwich are expected to be wearing their traditional yellow shirts.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Can't complain about the same starting 11 for the 8th game running, although Jonjo looked a little drained come the end of the Soton match, and Sam too.. hope they've got it in them today! COYR.
    I'll go for a 1674 attendance guess, leaving just 126 seats not taken on the day. :~) for us... not overall.
  • Options
    Pre Match update....

Charlton will be preparing for the game from the "away" dressing room, this area will also be used during the 15 minute break in play entitled "half time" I will be back with any further news....
  • Options
    My son is playing cricket this afternoon, an ace typer, so my updates will be slow and contain typos...but for those who don't yet know, it's on the wireless at BBC London 94.9, I also think it's on BBC London digital, probably a Sky channel, and maybe it will be possible to get the commentary on the internet abroad by going to BBC London and 'listen online', may well be possible in GB too, and there must also be local East Anglian coverage as well, which may be accessible online or to people with sooper dooper wireless sets.
  • Options
    Charlton's opponents today are Norwich City - known to their supporters as the "Canaries", in tribute to the famous islands where their chair lady buys her tomatoes from.
  • Options
    42 turnstiles are in operation around the ground. These are all manned by members of the same family.
  • Options
    In keeping with tradition, the object of todays game will be for each team to try to place a small spherical object made of leather (a "ball") between three posts - two vertical posts joined by a longer horizontal one (the "goal").

At the end of the match the team with the most "goals" is declared the winner.

More news to follow as it happens ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Team news on Norwich OS

CITY: Forster, Otsemobor, Drury, Holt (c), Hoolahan, Spillane, Lappin, Russell, Daley, Smith, Askou. Subs: Rudd (GK), Cureton, Martin, Adeyemi, McVeigh, Stephens, McDonald.

Charlton: Elliot, Richardson, Youga, Bailey (c), Llera, Semedo, Shelvey, Racon, Burton, Sam, Dailly. Subs: Randolph (GK), Spring, McLeod, Wagstaff, Sodge, Solly, Tuna.

Good to see it's unchanged.
  • Options
    Same starting 11 with Randolph, Spring, McLeod, Solly, Tuna, Wagstaff and Sodje on the bench.
  • Options
    Norwich City play their home games in the city of Norwich.

Coicidentally, todays game is also being played in the city of Norwich.
  • Options
    I reakon it's gonna be a game of two halfs...
  • Options
    It's International Talk Like A Pirate Day today.
  • Options
    Charlton are fully expected to start the match with the eleven players named in the starting line-up.
  • Options
    Spring, McLeod, Wagstaff, Sodge, Solly, Tuna.

We have a Sodge on the bench!
  • Options
    it is expected that todays match ball will be between 14 and 16 psi at sea level.
  • Options
    The pre-match tension is building as the crowd are entertained by 'I'm in thd mood for dancing" by The Nolan Sisters over the tannoy. Unfortunately none of the sisters were able to make todays game.
  • Options
    did any of there injured players make the starting team ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If anyone is listening to the commentary today and can provide regular updates for us stuck at work / abroad, it would be much appreciated
  • Options
    I think their injured players are injured. No point naming a fella with a broken leg in your starting 11, is there?

However, if they are no longer injured then they may be in the starting 11.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I think their injured players are injured. No point naming a fella with a broken leg in your starting 11, is there?

However, if they are no longer injured then they may be in the starting 11. Hope this helps.

Couldn't they be a little bit injured?
  • Options
    does the online bbc london feed not start till kick off, dont seem to be doing much yet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eraserhead78[/cite]does the online bbc london feed not start till kick off, dont seem to be doing much yet?

Usually it kicks in just as the referee starts warming his tonsils.
  • Options
    got it working through iplayer now cheers, come on you reds!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]it is expected that todays match ball will be between 14 and 16 psi at sea level.

Are you taking the psi... ;o)
  • Options
    well done burnley
  • Options
    5 mins to get your predictions in if you haven't done them
  • Options
    what so you can tell to Uncle ;-(