Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lotus back in F1 from 2010

... which is nice.

Comments

• Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious.
  • edited September 2009
    Hope the livery of the car is Black with gold lettering as per the iconic JPS car of the 70,s.

Although I suspect it will be painted that ghastly green and yellow which are the car company's corporate colours
  • [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Hop the livery of the car is Black with gold lettering as per the iconic JPS car of the 70,s.

Although I suspect it will be painted that ghastly green and yellow which are the car company's corporate colours

Depends on sponsor as with the black JPS cars and the yellow camel. But I'd rather have lotus any colour than no Lotus in F1.
  • [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Although I suspect it will be painted that ghastly green and yellow which are the car company's corporate colours

British Racing Green and Yellow are the traditional colours of Lotus - unlike the corporate JPS look in the 70's/80's.

Great to see them back, but with no Colin Chapman about they need some serious Korean money to make them competitive.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Although I suspect it will be painted that ghastly green and yellow which are the car company's corporate colours

British Racing Green and Yellow are the traditional colours of Lotus - unlike the corporate JPS look in the 70's/80's.

Great to see them back, but with no Colin Chapman about they need some serious Korean money to make them competitive.

Yeah I know, just that the Black and gold 70's JPS Lotus was when Lotus were at their peak in the modern F1 era and it was such a good looking car.

Money's going to come from Malaysia apparently.
  • They are only Lotus in name.

They are backed by a Malaysian backers and will be based in Sepang apparently.
  • seems as thought they might be up for a good season in 2013
  • It is too early to say how competetive they will be - in terms of the frontrunners that is. They have a car good on tyre wear which was a massive factor in Australia!