Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace 0 4 Scunthorpe

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

And they missed a penalty.

Comments

• 12912 there yesterday.
  • Hayes scored ; - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Hayes scored ; - )

???
  • I loved the picture of Tangoman as the second goal went in.

Under 10k in SP yesterday.
  • Hayes scored for Scunny.

Always enjoyed in my household.
  • Can we start a whip round for a fly past now?

Don't think we'd have the problems with the FAA they had - is Croydon Airport busy?
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I loved the picture of Tangoman as the second goal went in.

Oh dear.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I loved the picture of Tangoman as the second goal went in.

Oh dear.

He's not happy about the numbers sold for the next game against Derby either.

Apparantly Ambrose "went missing" and is "too lightweight". Now there's a surprise.
  • edited September 2009
    As I said on the other thread it is early days but Palarse are only 3 pts from a Relegation position. Could we be in line for a double celebration at the end of the season?
  • edited September 2009
    Chatting with my Girlfriends cousin, a Palace fan, the idea of relegation is something that they haven't contemplated even though the weaknesses in their squad began to show through at the end of last season. They had a terrible run last season and have done nothing to strengthen the squad, they have no money, are haemorrhaging "fans" and are on extremely shaky ground in terms of the business strategy, in the short, medium and long term. Crystal Palace are a football disaster story waiting to happen.

I for one am loving every minute of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I dislike Palace intently but unless Charlton are able to find new investment then before too long we won`t be in a much better position than they find themselves. Without new money we will lose our best players and failure to gain promotion this season would imho affect our crowds. Be careful for what you wish for is all I am saying.
  • edited September 2009
    True SHG, but I think we, Charlton fans, have an awareness of the precarious nature of our position. In contrast whenever I talk to Palace supporters (which admittedly isn't very often) there is a arrogance about them, as though they are in denial of the clubs position.
  • And it`s sooooooooo easy to dislike and rip the pish out of Warnock and Jordan.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]

You'd like to see a club go under?

You'd enjoy seeing fans have their club taken away from them?

Odd, imho.

• You'd like to see a club go under?
    Putting words in to my mouth. Odd, imho.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]they have no money, are haemorrhaging "fans" and are on extremely shaky ground in terms of the business strategy, in the short, medium and long term. Crystal Palace are a football disaster story waiting to happen.

Pretty sure you put the words in your own mouth fella.
  • Nope.. nothing there about wanting Palace to go under.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]1-0 vfr
    BANG ON!
  • There's been financial problems there for years now. Fair play to the Orange One, he has kept them going but, on a shoestring.

I'd love it if we passed them on the way up. However I wouldn't like it if they went under. After all, who would there be to laugh at? My brother in law is Palarse through and through and we constantly wind one another up. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer....:o)
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm the keenest of all with 'Palace Watch'.

I'd be devastated if they folded - certainly wouldn't want that to happen to a lot of their fans who are the closest you can get to being like us.

I hope Jordan goes bankrupt though, the classless little shit.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I loved the picture of Tangoman as the second goal went in.

Not sure about under 10k, but certainly the crowds aren't anything to brag about.

As far as the team is concerned though, I must admit I am beginning to worry about about NW's team selections, however we do have good enough players to survive this league, it's whether NW wants to pick them though.

Financially, I don't think it's a secret that at the moment we're screwed, but hopefully SJ has enough to finance us, until a rich Arab can come in for us, you don't know any do you?

Oh well, still South London's number one.
  • [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite] Oh well, still South London's number one.

Absolutely.

The fact that our attendance was over 50% higher than yours doesn't count I suppose?
  • Must be catching. The Palace ladies team got done 7-1 today.
  • however we do have good enough players to survive this league

<whistle> <knowing smirk>
  • [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    however we do have good enough players to survive this league

<whistle> <knowing smirk>

Indeed! I also think I may have heard that before somewhere...
  • I hate palace so much
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Oh well, still South London's number one.

Absolutely.

The fact that our attendance was over50% higherthan yours doesn't count I suppose?

Nah, its all about which league you're in surely.

Palace may be doing poorly, whilst Charlton are flying, but we're doing it in the Championship, whilst Charlton are doing it the Division One. If you were able to swap league positions, as they stand, would you? I know I wouldn't.
  • So on that basis Sunderland a bigger team than Newcastle purely because they are a division ahead of them?
  • [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Oh well, still South London's number one.

Absolutely.

The fact that our attendance was over50% higherthan yours doesn't count I suppose?

Nah, its all about which league you're in surely.

Palace may be doing poorly, whilst Charlton are flying, but we're doing it in the Championship, whilst Charlton are doing it the Division One. If you were able to swap league positions, as they stand, would you? I know I wouldn't.

Would I prefer to be losing 4-0 at home to Scunthorpe or watching a team playing some nice flowing football, scoring goals, destroying opposition in a rocking ground, depite being in a division lower?

Honestly, no I wouldn't.

Who do you think are enjoying this season more so far - Charlton fans or Palace fans?

How many goals have Palace scored at Sellout in the whole of 2009?