Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs shut for the millwall game.........

Heard today that the Liberal Club is shut for the millwall game.

Are they all shutting? Or just the Liberal??

Comments

• Options
    heard the Bugle is as well
  • Options
    Can see this game being moved to noon on a Sunday.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Realistically though wouldn't plod rather that there were boozers open? At least then they know where people are rather than have 20000 people just walking round the streets? Or pushed out further afield for a booze?
  • Options
    this game really needs to be moved to noon on the sunday and hopefully also be shown on sky to avoid as much hassle as possible. I don't care what the Millwall fans say about they don't care about us blah blah I have been to enough of these fixtures to know that there will be trouble!
  • Options
    Ridiculous decision, they're going to have to have OB in Greenwich.
  • Options
    It’s the way of things.
    Millwall supporter have long history of being twats. Despite what they would like others to believe they were involved in crowd trouble only a few weeks back.

Yesterday at the Oak people were drinking outside on the pavement either side of the road. I'm sure that is not strictly OK but there is never any problems and the police let happen with the minimal supervision (2 of them mostly). This would not happen in a month of Sundays with Millwall supporters. As individuals they are mostly human but herd 3 or more together and they revert into their tabloid stereotypes.
  • Options
    They have shitloads of ob in Greenwich every game.
  • Options
    So once again the majority are to be penalised due to the percieved actions of the minority...this country is fucked.
  • Options
    true but would you really enjoy the atmosphere of the pub etc that day with those scumbags roaming about in the area knowing that it could kick off at any moment?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]true but would you really enjoy the atmosphere of the pub etc that day with those scumbags roaming about in the area knowing that it could kick off at any moment?

Possibly not to be honest but the principle of it grates. A bunch of cnuts out looking for trouble mean that regulars have to change their plans and landlords will lose vital revenue. If people want to have a "tear up" and be "pwopa nawty" with like minded people ive got absolutley no problem with it in the slightest but when it starts infringing on those who want no involvement or arent capable of fighting back then just shows them up for the cowardly cnuts a lot of them are and dont see why it is accepted by having to close pubs etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]true but would you really enjoy the atmosphere of the pub etc that day with those scumbags roaming about in the area knowing that it could kick off at any moment?

Possibly not to be honest but the principle of it grates. A bunch of cnuts out looking for trouble mean that regulars have to change their plans and landlords will lose vital revenue. If people want to have a "tear up" and be "pwopa nawty" with like minded people ive got absolutley no problem with it in the slightest but when it starts infringing on those who want no involvement or arent capable of fighting back then just shows them up for the cowardly cnuts a lot of them are and dont see why it is accepted by having to close pubs etc.

Good post and sadly very true.
  • Options
    Think what we need to do is collect as much paper as we can between now and 19th Dec and if they come looking for trouble let them have it! lol
  • Options
    Does anybody in the know know whether this game will get moved and up until what point can it be moved.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Does anybody in the know know whether this game will get moved and up until what point can it be moved.

Yes, I'd like to know that too, before I book the flights for once...!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Does anybody in the know know whether this game will get moved and up until what point can it be moved.

I'd be amazed if it wasn't moved and to be honest I'm surprised it hasn't already been announced......where's Airman when you need him ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

I'd be amazed if it wasn't moved and to be honest I'm surprised it hasn't already been announced......where's Airman when you need him ??

Leeds?
  • Options
    airmans at the post office sending back the leeds tickets we haven't sold so that fans can buy on the day
  • Options
    I hope it aint moved, I have booked annual leave for that day
  • Options
    If they were going to move it, wouldn't they have done it by now?
  • Options
    Was told that the OB have until 28 Days before the match to decide.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I think the gillingham v millwall kick off time was moved about 2 weeks before
  • Options
    thanks MOG. So still some chance of it being moved.

saturday before xmas one of the busiest pissiest days of the year...?
  • Options
    may as well make it a noon kick off if the pubs are shut
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]

Unfortunatly you will never take this out of football and people will get involved weather they want too or not and pubs will be affected. As i say im affraid this sort of thing will never leave football just think yourself lucky it is not the eighties.
  • Options
    Doesnt matter to me if it is moved or not have booked whole weekend off so as i can get on the beer for a change.
  • Options

I think that there should be some sort of law about this. I'm sick of matches being changed. How the hell are people supposed to arrange travel etc. If it were the theatre or a festival I doubt that dates could be changed at such late notice.
  • Options
    You don't expect them to care about us do you..........
    Were Football hooligans supporters.............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

I think that there should be some sort of law about this. I'm sick of matches being changed. How the hell are people supposed to arrange travel etc. If it were the theatre or a festival I doubt that dates could be changed at such late notice.

When was the last time a bunch of fat drunken idiots wrecked the streets shouting "you f..king mugs!" after the theatre?

But i do agree on the late notice changes, they're just panicking after the spam game
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Me and my firm The Saint Martins Lane Young Casuals went f***ing mental when they announced an understudy would take the lead for La Traviata
    Harry the dog saw Cats a record 37 times
    All you have done there Eraserhead is prove you aint ITK. You mug, you slice, you muppet, you lemon, you si, you dry lunch.
    If I see you down Drury Lane you're gonna run
    :):):)
  • Options
    Do YOU know the MUFFIN man?

Pwopa nawty...