Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Engerland v Croatia

Anyone else going to the match tonight...?

Comments

• Options
    No, but i'd be scared.

09/09/09.
  • Options
    nah, would've liked to - think I might venture out local to watch in the pub welling / bexleyheath area, undecided yet
  • Options
    My daughter will be there - pulling the pints - so anyone going be polite when you are in the queue at half time.
  • Options
    No beers in the ground
  • Options
    Na i've got a game tonight myself. Cant see it being a thriller, scrappy 1-0, Rooney.
  • Options
    Yep

Corporate freebies - one of the only benefits of working for Yanks - none of them are interested in football.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]No beers in the ground

Far to expensive ;(
  • Options
    Belarus V Ukraine finishes before we KO. If Ukraine don't win, we only need a point tonight. Let's hope Ukraine win as it will spur us on hopefully.
  • Options
    Yeah corporate jobbie also... leaving soon to get the full days hospitality!
  • Options
    Yep - I'll be there - very limited interest in it all, but hosting some journalists...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

Far to expensive ;(

Well there is that but as its a qualifier you can't get a bev in there anyway
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

Far to expensive ;(

Well there is that but as its a qualifier you can't get a bev in there anyway

I see, I didnt realise that. We dont eat or drink in there because of the prices so never found that out.
  • Options
    I cant believe they dont sell alcohol at the ground for qualifiers.
    That is ridiculous.

[cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]My daughter will be there - pulling the pints - so anyone going be polite when you are in the queue at half time.

And what is Kap10's daughter really doing tonight !!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]I cant believe they dont sell alcohol at the ground for qualifiers.
    That is ridiculous.

[cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]My daughter will be there - pulling the pints - so anyone going be polite when you are in the queue at half time.

And what is Kap10's daughter really doing tonight !!!!!!!
    I went to the Ukraine game earlier this year and it was mad to see everyone walking around with bags of cans, the queues in the off licences near Wembley Park tube and the sheer number of deserted cans left all along Olympic Way - thousands of em, the amount of wasted beer must've been colossal!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Yep - I'll be there - very limited interest in it all, but hosting some journalists...[/quote]

No wonder the atmosphere is s**t there everytime :)

I'll be on my way up shortly - knocking off work at 3, train up from Maidstone!!
  • Options
    I'm not going. I don't enjoy England games at Wembley due to the awful atmosphere there and wank things like the mexican wave. Croatia would have been an exception though, there fans are sometimes more entertaining than the game, great noise from them last time!
  • Options
    Agree about the Mexican wave...it should be banned!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I'm not going. I don't enjoy England games at Wembley due to the awful atmosphere there and wank things like the mexican wave. Croatia would have been an exception though, there fans are sometimes more entertaining than the game, great noise from them last time!
    I agree with this, been to two England games at the new Wembley and the atmosphere is truly awful, I had to shout at a section of England "fans" to sing up i was then promptly told by someone in front of me to shut up because all I was doing was criticising the players (I think at one point I had a moan at Lennon for not running at the oppositions full back enough). I don't think I will go to an England game there for a long time
  • Options
    I think its a UEFA rule in regards to no drinking in the ground. I went Old Trafford when we drew 0-0 with Macedonia, and we were absolutely spannered in the Weatherspoons at about 11am. Kick off was at 5. We got in the ground about 3:30 thinking we could have a pint but was told UEFA rules says no beer!!!..ended up drinking Ribena for the next 3 and abit hours!..made up for it in town soon after tho.
  • Options
    The Croatian fans will make a shed load of noise, and we won't, that's how home games are.

Mexican waves, and a big cheer for Becks, that's the home noise
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im there. should be good, and wearing my charlton shirt.
  • Options

And what is Kap10's daughter really doing tonight !!!!!!![/quote]

Wait till she get's home!!!!!
  • Options
    What time is kick off and is it on scumbag telly ,so that plebs like me can watch it, or Sky?
  • Options
    19:45 isn't it? 20:45 here on channel 8 but that won't help you much
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]What time is kick off and is it on scumbag telly ,so that plebs like me can watch it, or Sky?

ITV Len,and on sky hd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HugoZHackenbush[/cite]19:45 isn't it? 20:45 here on channel 8 but that won't help you much

8pm KO I believe on ITV1
  • Options
    bromley addicks flag is there. Anyone see it on TV?
  • Options
    backed Lampard first goal and England 2-1 @ 45/1....can't see us staying on just the two though !
  • Options
    I always said you can't have Gerrerd and Lampard in the same England Team.