Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

18 down, 67 to go...

...points that is. 85 is the average tally of the team in second place over the past 10 seasons.

So that's another 23 wins (provided the points come from wins only!).

We could be promoted by January 30th. FACT.

Sorry but my little one woke me up early and i'm bored!

Comments

• If we are to get that, we would have broken the world record for a consecutive winning streak in league games set by Celtic in 2003 winning 25 games in a row. We are now on seven (six this season plus the Norwich win last game last season). Even the wildest optimist amongst our season ticket holders would hesitate to call for a streak of 30 consecutive wins;-)

But nevertheless I am enjoying the current one while it lasts!
  • Records are there to be broken. Only another 24 straight wins.
    I would settle for unbeaten until Jan 30th, that should see us placed well for the run in to March when we will be named as League 1 Champions.
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Records are there to be broken. Only another 24 straight wins.
    I would settle for unbeaten until Jan 30th, that should see us placed well for the run in to March when we will be named as League 1 Champions.

I make it 19 more straight wins to shatter the world record.... What's the betting figures on this happening -a tenner would enable you to buy the club outright and shut up all the hot air on the impending takeover ;)
  • I have a feeling 2nd spot is going to be a lot higher this season. There at present seems to be a fair gulf between 4-5 to teams and the bulk of the division.
  • edited September 2009
    Anal post of the day:

Well, our club record is 12 consecutive League wins set by Curbishley's promotion side of 99-00.

So we either need 7 more straight wins to break the record in one season.

Or 6 more if we add last season's Norwich win to our current tally.

Edit: if we do get 7 more League wins on the trot ..... if, if , IF........then we beat Leeds away too!

13 wins = 39 points

Not only Top of The League, but at least 3 points clear of Leeds.

PS: Wake me up, I'm dreaming .......... ha ha!

;o)
  • We could still do it and i tink 85 is still the target for 2nd place.

It does mean however that we can't drop more than 6 points between now and the end of the season.

I'm going to stick my neck out and state that if we lose today i'll be checking my diary for the play off dates.
  • If we lose today, I'm going to be looking over our shoulders at Huddersfield and Colchester who can both finish above us and leave us 7th!
  • We're going to do it with 84!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on you reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!