Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So - I'm setting up a new business to work from home

2»

Comments

• Options
    ALWAYS pay your tax and VAT bills first. Get behind with those mothers and they make your life hell.

I speak from experience!
  • Options
    My advice is advertise your services on Charltonlife.

It's made MOG a millions, so much so thats he's even got his own agent now and spends his time watching cricket rather than working!
  • Options
    one thing i learned the hard way--- find out what your clients payment terms are. If you do work for some big companies they can be 60 days from receipt of your invoice, which can be almost 3 months till you get the cash cleared in your business account. Some companies will always be good payers and some really do naff you about.

Shop around for your business bank account ------ some will give you 18 months with no charges etc.
  • Options
    Thanks Chizz - business link is where I saw the workshop I am attending about starting a business.

Thanks all!!
  • Options
    One more thing... get off here and go and do some work!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]My advice is advertise your services on Charltonlife.

It's made MOG a millions, so much so thats he's even got his own agent now and spends his time watching cricket rather than working!

*****cuckoo*******
    ;-)
  • Options
    If you need a Fork lift Truck, I'm your man Swis ;)................and good luck to you in you new venture.
  • Options
    Good luck fella.

Advice? Well, a client once said to me that in business there are two sets of people you should never f*ck with - the Triads and the Revenue.

Now I'm guessing that in your game the Triads aren't massive players. So, take advantage of their improved payment policies, maybe syphon a VERY modest amount off into the ether, but when they get serious never ever f*ck with the taxman.

He has no sense of perception, understanding, humour or compassion. He is the Devil incarnate.