Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A pointless new fuel hike...

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
So today sees a new fuel hike come into play which the oil companies will no doubt be blamed for.... But wait a moment read into the facts it's the government the oil companies will not profit from this in fact they'll probably take a hit! Also Vat will return to 17.5% at the end of summer! Aren't our government real sweethearts? Moan over... For now

Comments

• Options
    The VAT hike is from Jan,Gov't haul from petrol is 67.5% of retail price. This is just the tip of the iceburg as the Gov't start to claw back the money they hsave given the banks.

The vat reduction was a waste of money and could have been better targetting support rather than a blanket cut. Labour, Tories .. the lot are useless
  • Options
    Meanwhile the gas companies who are buying it at an all time low are charging us way over the odds and reaping tons of profit.
  • Options
    I love the fact that they raise fuel duty by 2p, and then add VAT to that! Tax on tax - effin' slimeballs.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Meanwhile the gas companies who are buying it at an all time low are charging us way over the odds and reaping tons of profit.[/quote]

But the good news, especially for pensioners ... 50% fuel increase predicted for winter!! Swine flu or hypothermia .. choose your poison!!
  • Options
    A few weeks back the cost of a barrel of oil dropped to $60, so why didnt the prices at the pumps drop? The price of a barrel was the same when petrol at the pumps was 90p. The oil companies say it takes 6 weeks for the change to reach the pumps but they quickly put the price up when the cost of oil soars. This really does my head in
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]The VAT hike is from Jan,Gov't haul from petrol is 67.5% of retail price. This is just the tip of the iceburg as the Gov't start to claw back the money they have given the banks.
    Spot on
  • Options
    Think VAT will go beyond 17.5 percent
  • Options
    Agree with Riscardo here. VAT will go up further, as will fuel duty.
  • Options
    It will probably got up to 20% to keep it inline with the continent. I have no idea why they put it down as now people are going to complain about it going up twice!
  • Options
    it was a panic sound bite like everythibng this rabble does ----------- no long term thought-------------only the next headline .

VAT 20% inless than a year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Death sentence for the Labour Party in the next election.
    Serves them right.

But look at the alternatives........

Egocentric, power hungry muppets, all of them. Can you trust a politician .... ?
  • Options
    Oggy do you mean a real death sentance ? can i watch ? maybe join in a tad .

PS Trust no one the truth isnt out there !!!
  • Options
    I noticed a car fill up for me back in January was £48....Petrol was under 90p litre....now its costing £62.00 the government has had us by the testicles for far too long.....now if only there was a party that offered to cut fuel prices and do away with speed cameras....lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]The VAT hike is from Jan,Gov't haul from petrol is 67.5% of retail price. This is just the tip of the iceburg as the Gov't start to claw back the money they hsave given the banks.

The vat reduction was a waste of money and could have been better targetting support rather than a blanket cut. Labour, Tories .. the lot are useless
    I believe VAT is going to be 18.5% when it goes back up. The real problem about the change in VAT rates is the amount of hassle in the background - all our contracts & processing had to be changed:
    1. to the new rate
    2. to handle deals done before the change & therefore stay at the old rate
    3. to the NEW new rate (Jan 2010)
    4. to handle deals done before the change & therefore stay at the old rate or the OLD new rate!

It's a pain in the arse for SAP config!