Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Further Thoughts On Our Start

Going back to the 2006/7 season, when the fixtures came out I predicted to work colleagues that we would be bottom after 6 matches and candidiates for relegation. In the event it was after 7 matches ( we beat Bolton our bogie team), we played, I think, 5 teams from the top 8 in the league at the that time, with a new manager ( to some degree I felt sympathy with Dowie) and a largely new team, some of whom were injured. The upshot was that when we came to play the teams in our "league", our confidence was shot. Compare this with this season, we have played 5 teams in the bottom half of the table and with our confidence sky high we now face our real challengers (Leeds & Norwich).. This is exactly the reverse to three seasons ago. The omens look good.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: High Peak Addick[/cite]
    Compare this with this season, we have played 5 teams in the bottom half of the table and with our confidence sky high we now face our real challengers (Leeds & Norwich).. This is exactly the reverse to three seasons ago. The omens look good.

Some ( 0r even all) of those teams are only in the bottom half of the table ....... because we beat them!

Remember, the team now in 12th place (still top half of the table) has only 5 points - if we had lost any of our fixtures so far, that team would now be a top half of the table side ........ !!

If you follow me ......(!)

;o)