Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eduardo

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think the Gooners (shit name) should be religated at once. The Ryan Air Stadium should be burnt to the ground and all south london knobs wearing goonershit shirts should be sent to Salsbury Plain where they are used as live firing targets by The Royal Artillary using amo once made in Woolwich. that should stop em diving.
  • Options
    Wenger's comments, again, show the other side of the man. On one side a genius that manages to make a top team for a fraction of the price of his rivals. On the other, the league's most relentless cheat. I'm just praying Man U beat them with a dive.

Terrible example to kids.
  • Options
    There's too much money in the game for any fines to be effective. The only way is to use real time video evidence as they do in cricket, rugby and tennis. I kind of liked how the used the hawkeye at Wimbledon this year with only 3 claims per set, which if used in football can only be called upon by the team captain. Camera should be used for the goal line (apart from at Sellout Park).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Wenger's comments, again, show the other side of the man.

Completely agree. Bans based on video evidence viewed after the event is one thing, but the fact is that the guy cheated and that's just plain wrong and should be condemed.

Would we feel differently if it was one of our players? MAybe, but that's not really the point - it still wouldn't be right.
  • Options
    Who's WSS?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Wenger's comments, again, show the other side of the man. On one side a genius that manages to make a top team for a fraction of the price of his rivals. On the other, the league's most relentless cheat. I'm just praying Man U beat them with a dive.

Well, slightly dubious pen and last minute disallowed goal will have to do.

No amount of Jesus poses will hide the fact that God hates him for his sins.
    2rylsb4.gif
  • Options
    No different to how Rooney won his penalty yesterday.....anticipation of the foul by the goalkeeper ....Rooney was already on his way down before he got clipped .....Eduardo did the same but the keeper pulled away , most forwards do it ....dont no why people are going over the top about it .
  • Options
    Wenger's problem is that the surgeons made a mistake during his sense of humour removal operation and instead extracted his sense of perspective.

Ever since he took over at Arsenal every controversial incident committed by an Arsenal player has been met with the same predictable and boring stonewall reply "I didn't see it", with the implicit suggestion that the interviewer move on to the next question - just once I want to hear a post-match interviewer ask if he's really that blind that he missed seeing a foul committed by one of his players.
  • Options
    Not sure if Eduardo should be banned as every week players earn penalities in similar ways when the keeper comes out like that, however one player that should be banned is Eboue, his dive yesterday was disgraceful and a pathetic attept to con the ref and get Evra sent off (he was on a booking)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilne[/cite]No different to how Rooney won his penalty yesterday.....anticipation of the foul by the goalkeeper ....Rooney was already on his way down before he got clipped .....Eduardo did the same but the keeper pulled away , most forwards do it ....dont no why people are going over the top about it .

Nail On Head
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilne[/cite]No different to how Rooney won his penalty yesterday.....anticipation of the foul by the goalkeeper ....Rooney was already on his way down before he got clipped .....Eduardo did the same but the keeper pulled away , most forwards do it ....dont no why people are going over the top about it .

Nail On Head

Because they are fed up with Wenger's selective myopia and because it was a slow news day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]

Nail On Head

Because they are fed up with Wenger's selective myopia and because it was a slow news day.

agree 100% with Ralph. How this is ongoing yet the West Ham violence is swept under the carpet staggers me
  • Options
    i think its all a joke tbh, if it was united(aka ronaldo), liverpool (torres) and drogba for chelsea they get away with it week in week out

btw i am aware ronaldo now at madrid just a joke that others get away with murder and 2nd club like arsenal and us who never get favoured by refs they then start banning ppl after a game, no consistency at all!"!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i think its all a joke tbh, if it was united(aka ronaldo), liverpool (torres) and drogba for chelsea they get away with it week in week out

btw i am aware ronaldo now at madrid just a joke that others get away with murder and 2nd club like arsenal and us who never get favoured by refs they then start banning ppl after a game, no consistency at all!"!!!!
    That last sentence made my brain hurt. Are you actually sticking up for Arsenal here?

(whistles) GH - over to you...
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i think its all a joke tbh, if it was united(aka ronaldo), liverpool (torres) and drogba for chelsea they get away with it week in week out
    This despicable cheat always gets an easy ride in the media, but he's not as "foreign" as the ones you list.
    6gdic6.gif
    The fact that he did an interview claiming that if anyone had his club dived he would have a word with them shows his incredible scouse hypocrisy (unless he meant he would have a word with them to get cheating tips).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

That last sentence made my brain hurt. Are you actually sticking up for Arsenal here?

as previous i stated arsenal are my second team, thats why i stick up for them so yes!!! used to be arsenal before i started to go charlton wen i was 11 but i am charlton through and through now

My point is that others do it all the time and now as its arsenal they choose to start punishing, they like charlton never get refs favouring and thats not me jus being biast as a few ppl have sed that who i know.

Anyway on the supposed dive, was i a dive i dont thinks so. did he over-react, yes he did and it was OTT but they are acting as if he is the first person to do it and it was the biggest con in the world. its all becoz platini hates the english............dickhead!
  • Options
    SE7SE7
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

as previous i stated arsenal are my second team, thats why i stick up for them so yes!!! used to be arsenal before i started to go charlton wen i was 11 but i am charlton through and through now

My point is that others do it all the time and now as its arsenal they choose to start punishing, they like charlton never get refs favouring and thats not me jus being biast as a few ppl have sed that who i know.

Anyway on the supposed dive, was i a dive i dont thinks so. did he over-react, yes he did and it was OTT but they are acting as if he is the first person to do it and it was the biggest con in the world. its all becoz platini hates the english............dickhead!

So true, if Eduardo is punoshed now, why hasn't,
    Pederson,
    Ronaldo,
    Lampard,
    Drogba,
    Gerrard,
    Rooney,
    Torres,
    Fab been punished previously. From a neutral perspective I do think it is rather unjust on Arsenal. Although it had to happen some time, the sooner the better. So now that it has happened the FA can start clamping down on the cheats. Whatever team received the first ban was always going to complain.

Remember Gilardino was banned for diving against Celtic and they didn't make that much of a song and dance about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W00d3yJKl4

Managers just have to accept it and have a word. Wenger clearly didn't as Eboue further disgraced them against United.
  • Options
    I love the way the "Big 4" - and their fans in particular - always moan that their club is being persecuted and the others all get away with it.

Arsenal for diving, Chelsea for tapping up, Fergie moaning about Christ knows what and the scousers always bleating on about "justice" for something or another.

In FACT the rest of us think that they ALL get away with too much already and the powers that be are generally too powerless - or frightened to stop them.

I hope that Arsenal appeal and Eduardo's appeal gets doubled - a la Osei Sankofa.

I hope that Chelsea appeal and they are successful, but nothing is done about it - a la Stamford Beach.

I hope that the next team to play at Anfield gets a blatant penalty in front of the kop for absolutely no reason - a la every bloody time we played up there in the 80's.

As for Man U, well they always seemed to wallop us fair and square - but I'm sure there's something somewhere we can pin on them!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    I hope that Arsenal appeal and Eduardo's appeal gets doubled - a la Osei Sankofa.
    Good point, I don't recall Professor Yaffle leaping to his defence. Funny that.

The whole "it evens itself up over a season" is complete blox. It evens itself up for the big teams. That's why they're generally happy to trot this trite garbage out.
  • Options
    Arsenal win appeal to overturn Eduardo's ban
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shocking. When is football going to clamp down on this kind of thing!!!
  • Options
    Come on, how many of us are really that shocked that uefa bottled it?

To accept the ban, they would have to admit that the Referee, who is clearly shown to be telling the Celtic keeper that he saw the contact, lied to justify the decision to award the penalty.

They would also have to then go on a concerted push to retrospectively punish every player shown by TV evidence to have dived and the list of European bans would be piling up and flowing out the door.

And of course Platini's crew would have to admit that a team of Europeans, managed by a Frenchman are condoning cheating and then are lying, by defending the dive and claiming video evidence proves contact.

Me, cynical? how very dare you!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Come on, how many of us are really that shocked that uefa bottled it?

To accept the ban, they would have to admit that the Referee, who is clearly shown to be telling the Celtic keeper that he saw the contact, lied to justify the decision to award the penalty.

They would also have to then go on a concerted push to retrospectively punish every player shown by TV evidence to have dived and the list of European bans would be piling up and flowing out the door.

And of course Platini's crew would have to admit that a team of Europeans, managed by a Frenchman are condoning cheating and then are lying, by defending the dive and claiming video evidence proves contact.

Me, cynical? how very dare you!!!!!
    \
    Sad, but true. Was more surprised that they made some attempt to clamp down on it. Cheating is OK, UEFA are telling us.