Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyds TSB

Comments

• Options
    *Update*

Just had a phone callfrom a "friend of a friend" who works for Lloyds in Beckenham.
    I had a DD for my van insurance which was paid up in February: I informed the Bank that it was paid (I have a copy of the letter I gave into the Sydenham Branch) but Lloyds kept on paying it out and the Insurance firm kept paying it straight back in.Twice on 1 day in April.
    I haven't had either a DD or SO since.
    Surely this is no reason to shut an account....is it ?
    Are they looking for excuses now ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]*Update*

Just had a phone callfrom a "friend of a friend" who works for Lloyds in Beckenham.
    Ihada DD for my van insurance which was paid up in February: I informed the Bank that it was paid (I have a copy of the letter I gave into the Sydenham Branch) but Lloyds kept on paying it out and the Insurance firm kept paying it straight back in.Twice on 1 day in April.
    I haven't had either a DD or SO since.
    Surely this is no reason to shut an account....is it ?
    Are they looking for excuses now ?

Perhaps they think you are a carpet bagger!
  • Options
    Okay..........I admit it................
    Been laughing at this & similar jokes for years (no offence Gui), but I haven't the foggiest what their on about.
    Help ?
  • Options
    A carpetbagger is an American term - it refers to Northerners/Unionist businessmen who went South after the Civil War and basically took advantage of the wrecked economy to make off with cheap land etc. So called because they would carry money and clothes etc in sturdy bags that looked as though they were made from carpets.
  • Options
    Oh, Right.
    Thanks BFR.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Okay..........I admit it................
    Been laughing at this & similar jokes for years (no offence Gui), but I haven't the foggiest what their on about.
    Help ?

In the United Kingdom, the term was adopted to refer informally to those who join a mutual organization, such as a building society, in order to force it to demutualize — to convert into a joint stock company – solely for personal financial gain.
  • Options
    I swear i was not in Sidcup this morning...........
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]I swear i was not in Sidcup this morning...........

LOL thought that was yesterday !
  • Options
    MOG, do you seriously want to have an account with these idiots when this eventually gets sorted out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]MOG, do you seriously want to have an account with these idiots when this eventually gets sorted out?

Yes & No.
    Its my local bank,the staff are nice, but the "Business Advisers" change everytime I phone them.
    Mr. Treema ?
    Jenny Totney ?
    Dawn Head ?
    Sounds like they're making them up as I go along ..............!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]MOG, do you seriously want to have an account with these idiots when this eventually gets sorted out?

Yes & No.
    Its my local bank,the staff are nice, but the "Business Advisers" change everytime I phone them.
    Mr. Treema ?
    Jenny Totney ?
    Dawn Head ?
    Sounds like they'remaking them up as I go along..............!

Bin em, just tell the bod your closing your account and watch him jump through hoops.

Tossers
  • Options
    2 Weeks ago they closed the account.
    Can't pay any bills.
    Already written 2 Complaint forms.
    Time for next step methinks.
    Any ideas ?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    FSA mate - and threaten them with leagl action
  • Options
    Sorry.....FSA Ledge ?
    cheers.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Banks hate the involvement of the local press or MP's. Real life sob story in local press about small businesses struggling to survive and how Lloyds has effectively shut your business down and doesn't care will get them moving very sharpish. A letter from your MP is also effective, ring his or her secretary. FSA is very long term but still worth doing. If you want more direct action, standing outside the bank with a placard will get an instant response, but get the press there as well. Extreme maybe, but it will get it sorted quickly for you.
  • Options
    Chief Executive is Eric Daniels, address, Lloyds TSB PLC, 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN.

Write all your grievances in a polite but firm letter then send it to him Special Delivery, marked "Strictly Private and Confidential" or better still, if you have the time, go up there and wait in reception, until he comes in or goes out and put it in his hand.
  • Options
    FSA - Financial Services Authority

www.fsa.gov.uk
  • Options
    Thanks (again) guys.
  • Options
    MOG
    This sorry tale annoyed me so much I actually joined the forum to add a comment!
    First the FSA are unlikely to be able to help you directly - they tend to shy away from interferring in what would probably be seen as a commercial dispute. However copy them in with your complaint as if the problem is seen as being systemic they may consider Lloyds are worth a "visit". Your problem is that the firm's formal complaints procedure followed by a referral to FOS is all going to take time. I'd open an alternative account in the meantime.
    Anyway I had a look at the FSA firms' register and the correct address for complaints to Lloyds is Customer Care General Banking, 125 Colmore Row Birmingham B3 3SF. The telephone number is 0845 300 0033 and the email address is contact.us@lloydstsb.co.uk. But I suspect these are just general contact points. Make sure you include some important phrases in your complaint and copy it to the Head of Compliance at their HQ. Tell them they are failing to comply with the FSA's "treating customers fairly" regime and that they are breaching both the FSA's principles for business and conduct of business (COBs) rules in that they are not treating you in a "clear, fair and not misleading" way. Offer to provide them with the actual COBs Rule breaches if that would assist - they'll hate it but if you push the right buttons you get results. You could also mention their failure to comply with the banking code - probably the business banking code in your case - read this at http://www.bankingcode.org.uk/thecodes.htm
    If you need anything else feel free to email me directly. Good luck!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry I forgot to say - tell them that you expect them to ensure that they put you back into the position you would have been financially if they had not instigated this action and that you will expect recompense for the time and money wasted in resolving it.
  • Options
    MOG you still do not have an explanation as to why they have closed the account and until you do know I don't see that you are in a position to do anything.

If your account is dealt with by Business Banking there is no point dealing with the Retail Banking arm, which sounds like it is at Sydenham.

You need to speak either on the phone or personally with your Business Banker at wherever they are based.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Lloyds Business Banking - oxymorons!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Lloyds Business Banking - oxymorons!
  • Options
    Nice to see these Banks helping out small busniesses after taking our money..........
  • Options
    "Customer Care General Banking": A contradiction in terms surely! More like, you're the customer, we don't care. Good luck MoG.
  • Options
    Got to meet "Stella" in the Beckenham branch tomorrow at 10am.
    Not sure whether to go in all guns blazing or calm and serene.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Calm and serene, but concerned at the damage their actions have done to your business and your financial standing. You're a reasonable man, and you understand that sometimes people make mistakes, but it's only reasonable that they rectify their mistake, and compensate you for the time and additional expense you've incurred while waiting for them to rectify their mistake.

If you go in all guns blazing it doesn't leave you anywhere to go if you don't get any satisfaction out of them at first.
  • Options
    Just got back:
    Stella was brilliant (said that before I think......)
    She apologised , took notes and copies of all my correspondance , opened a new account for me and said she'll chase up the 6 people who have told me over the last 2 weeks that they'd "Get back to (me) within 48 hours".
    She also gave me acopy of the Banking code and "advised" me to push it further.
    Thanks again for all the advice yous guys have given me,& "Aliwibble", I took your advice and was nice and polite..........well, for me anyway !
  • Options
    Drinks all round for those who gave 'free legal' advice to MOG............. in The Lib Club before the game tomorrow!!