Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds Away

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Well considering im used to pay £10-£15, this is a pisstake. No U21 tickets, thats a useless idea in its own right

If you think that's a pisstake you'd never go to a game if we were in the premier league.
  • Options
    as Curb It says we're charging away fans £25 for League One - personally I think that is bang out of order and should be £20 max for this division

also means we have to pay £25 for the North Lower which is ridiculous and means lots of empty seats - didn't look very good on the box last Saturday either

we can't complain about £26 for Leeds
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]How much is the cheesejet FOD? Do they do U21 tickets? Will it be more than £15?
    £36-£39, he does an under 16s ticket for £18 but not an U21.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]How much is the cheesejet FOD? Do they do U21 tickets? Will it be more than £15?
    £36-£39, he does an under 16s ticket for £18 but not an U21.

Ok, was only joking about the U21 ;-)
  • Options
    I'll get mine before tomorrow's game
  • Options
    Got my ticketstoday. Having the saturday night up there as well. Anyone else staying the night up there, or have been out in the city before?
  • Options
    I'm thinking about doing an overnighter for this one. Medway express anyone???
  • Options
    Still yet to get train tickets for this. Big mistake.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]Got my ticketstoday. Having the saturday night up there as well. Anyone else staying the night up there, or have been out in the city before?

There are plenty of hotels - including the cheap options.

If your budget stretches to it I recommend: http://www.theetoncollection.com/content.aspx?pageID=460
  • Options
    However you dress it up, £26 is way too much, i'll be doing under 16 without a doubt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BFR - as nice as they look, we decided to go with 'The Ibis Hotel'......£25 each!
  • Options
    Jury's Inn is nice and well positioned, as is the Travel Lodge (TGI Fridays attached). While the Holiday Inn is a little further out on the same road of the TL, and is about min walk into town centre.

Very good nightlife Leeds, but be really on the bull in splitting up into no more than pairs to enter the busy bars / clubs, and don't wear labels like Lacoste etc. Otherwise you are in for a frustrating night.
  • Options
    As its a huge Uni town i was thinking we should be pretty safe going out to clubs etc.

Perhaps i should leave my Burberry jeans, Stone Island jumper and Henry Lloyd cap at home. :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Jury's Inn is nice and well positioned, as is the Travel Lodge (TGI Fridays attached). While the Holiday Inn is a little further out on the same road of the TL, and is about min walk into town centre.

Very good nightlife Leeds, but be really on the bull in splitting up into no more than pairs to enter the busy bars / clubs, and don't wear labels like Lacoste etc. Otherwise you are in for a frustrating night.

Some very true words spoken there

It's a good night to be had up there, mid-week as long as you don't act and speak all Danny fackin Dyer you'll get studented out of your tiny likkle minds it will be one to tell the grandkids about.

Seeing as it's not mid-week though and the doorstaff will have a good idea you are there for the football with a side from SE London you may as well put on your best royalty accent and change your name to Tarquin. Or go out early doors and collar a handful of student women and make out like you have money and piggyback with them.
  • Options
    My son has been at Uni at Leeds Metropolitan for 3 years, graduated this summer ...... previous seasons have been to Barnsley, Sheff U and Sheff Wed, dropped wife off with the boy and away I went, but never to Leeds now we're in the same division ... he's in Dundee!!!
  • Options
    Well up for it. Got a flight from Gatwick for only 80 pounds. Only in the country for 4 days and I hope I've picked a good game! Staying at Malmaison, heard it's good and got a decent rate too. Anyone else staying there?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Well up for it. Got a flight from Gatwick for only 80 pounds. Only in the country for 4 days and I hope I've picked a good game! Staying at Malmaison, heard it's good and got a decent rate too. Anyone else staying there?
    Staying in a hotel that translates as 'Mad House' doesn't exactly give you much hope....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Well up for it. Got a flight from Gatwick for only 80 pounds. Only in the country for 4 days and I hope I've picked a good game! Staying at Malmaison, heard it's good and got a decent rate too. Anyone else staying there?
    Staying in a hotel that translates as 'Mad House' doesn't exactly give you much hope....

Actually it translates to "Sick House", which is even worse.

Besides 42 The Calls I've stayed in the Jurys Inn hotel (ok but behind the brewery so there is the smell of malted hops) and also in the Etap Hotel just past the Royal Armouries which cost ca £35 IIRC including breakfast. If you've stayed in a Formule 1 hotel when in France etc then it's the UK version of the same chain. Despite being cheap it was ok and you can fit two/three people into one room at no extra cost, although the rooms are somewhat compact.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Well up for it. Got a flight from Gatwick for only 80 pounds. Only in the country for 4 days and I hope I've picked a good game! Staying at Malmaison, heard it's good and got a decent rate too. Anyone else staying there?[/quote]

no,last time i stayed there they charged by the hour
  • Options
    ne1 no how many sold?? heard not doing to bad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    About 650 i think
  • Options
    Just got train & match tickets at around a ton.
    Ouch.
  • Options
    I'm driving up there - 4 of us - then going across to liverpool after the game for a party.
  • Options
    Driving down for this one! Can't wait
  • Options
    Leeds 1,039
  • Options
    With a week to go...
  • Options
    Im going up on the Train, anyone going via Rail?
  • Options
    Travelling up from the Midlands. - Went last time we met in the Premiership. I think we drew and they went down to the strains of "Always look on the Bright Side..." from the Londoners!
  • Options
    Train from Ashford
  • Options
    Last time went up there made the mistake of going in the Peacock pub opposite the ground