Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Noel Gallagher on MOTD

Absolutely hilarious wasn't he? I mean "Cockney's trembling trying to get a taxi in Moss Side" - genius.

Well done the BBC for bringing us such an insightful view on their flagship football show.

Comments

• edited August 2009
    [
  • Yeah - and he's the (ahem) 'intelligent' one. Absolute f***ing irrelevance - they haven't made a good album for twelve years and have been an absolute parody of themselves for the last ten. Graceless, clueless Northern f***wit
  • You'll be pleased to know that I'm a Charlton fan who lives in Moss Side. Never seen a Gallagher round here (Plastics!?) & I don't have any trouble getting a cab.
    Saw that bloke from the Happy Mondays once though. I think he was looking for hard drugs?
  • What Leroy said
  • Oasis must be one of the most overrated bands of all time, utter kack, but there's no way you can accuse either Gallagher brother of being a plastic.
  • edited August 2009
    As a big oasis fan I ain't agreeing with anything slaggimg them off as a band , if they'd not made a good record for twelve years then they wouldn't still be selling massive amounts of records and selling out three nights at wembley would they.
    However as far as plastics go they kind of are as they don't often attend matches these days and Noel seems to go to more Arsenal games than city but I'm sure that will all change once they start winning things.

On the plus side ex stone roses bassist Mani said on soccer am about 5 years ago when asked if the roses will reform said "course they will , when city win the champions league" So that's some good news at least
  • I couldn't work out if the BBC showed that to make him look stupid or it was, in fact, a valuable insight into the North V South divide debate. For the full interview watch the Open University sociology course.
  • Yeah I saw that. Dunno what the point of it was. Gotta love a professional northerner though. Bet they don't have too much trouble getting a cab in the gritty industrial wasteland of hampstead where they live do they? Silly little chap
  • Guys it was a joke! I thought he was funny!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Guys it was a joke! I thought he was funny![/quote]
    Thats what i thought

People need to lighten up jes
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Guys it was a joke! I thought he was funny!
    Thats what i thought

People need to lighten up jes

yep agree - personally I think he's hilarious, anybody hear his talksport show with Russell Brand.
  • If he was hanging around Moss Side hoping to see a Citeh match he'd have to wait a long time given that they've moved to the other side of the city now.

I can remember watching super Charlton at Maine Road. The rabbit warren of gloomy alleyways from the Wilmslow Road going towards the ground did make me feel just a tad of trepidation on a dark November night I must admit. I loved going to grounds like that; steeped in atmosphere, history and tradition and its a shame that so many away games consist of trekking to a soulless MFI flatpack stadium on a trading estate on the outskirts of town these days. Not so much so with League one though - lots of good away days this season. Give me a atmospheric, historic crappy corrugated stadium over a sterile dome anyday.
  • maybe he should walk through various parts of sarf London at night and lets which bits of him tremble , that is if he still has em to tremble when he has finished his walk.
  • That's why he lives in Hampstead!
  • Oasis were a great band back in the day, but should have called it quits a long time ago, or left off the drugs.
  • edited August 2009
    They should get back ON the drugs and maybe they might write some original material for a change.

However, Noel is a very funny bloke,

Yeah, I'd give up a rock n roll career that pays me millions a year eh. . . .
  • Have also heard him on the radio with Russell Brand and found him very funny.

The full interview is on the BBC website - the MOTD bit was just the last question.
  • funny guy shite music.
  • Would love it if they had him on again tonight!
  • Two of the greatest EVER albums speak for themselves, love them but maybe agree that havent performed over the past few year. However was in manchester a few weeks back (heaton park) and saw one on the best ever gigs of my lifetime, they did , do and always will entertain !!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Ant & Dec of Rock?! Which one's left? Who writes the songs? Reality TV here they come..