Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

michael owen

good or crap money grabbing or not ? engladn legend or not in squad

good
not money grabbing
england ex legend - now on subbench

Comments

• Options
    i think he is a great goalscorer, lost bit of pace but give him chances he will score

i reckon he will do alright this season, got of the mark today but predict he will get around 15-20 goals-dunnot wat odds would be on that?

Defo not a money grabber aswell, not his fault was injured alot at newcastle! and obv why would go utd, good bit of business for them
  • Options
    I've just seen his goal, turned the defender perfectly and shoots in one movement, a goal scorer's goal.

It all depends on him staying fit, if so he'll score goals and as a free transfer it's a good bit of business for club and player. I doubt he'll make an England squad again, but I doubt that'll bother him.
  • Options
    he's in my dream team so I'm hoping for 20 goals from him...;o)
  • Options
    good goal at last !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]good goal at last !

at last????
    he has come on as sub for the last 15-20 mins in 2 games and played an hour against burnley.

berbatov has featured double the time owen as, surely the 'at last' comment applies to him.
  • Options
    Oh No! Looks like Mikey is set to miss out on a recall to the England squad. How can this be. Sack the coach he obviously doesn't know a class striker when he sees one. LOL!!!!
  • Options
    As soon as he get's fit and get's a series of games should be straight in the squad. I doubt if he will. But if anyone questions his talent compared to Defoe I'd worry about their sanity. Let's hope Owen stays fit because Defoe will go through he's usual lull after a blazing start and score just above one in three.
  • Options
    Owens goal on saturday was pure class and a typical Owen goal. Quite simply, we do not have a forward as good as him when he's fully fit. If he stays fit, he'll get 15+ goals this season and should be in the England squad at least! I'd take 5 forwards to the World Cup: Owen, Rooney, Bent, Defoe and Crouch with Walcott as a midfielder. If Carlton Cole can play for England...
  • Options
    Did not make the squad again, will be a shame if he does not go to the World Cup as he remains Englands best goalscorer! Defoe can score all day long against Hull and Andorra but in a world cup semi final or final, would not want him ahead of Owen.
    Carlton Cole for England... whatever next?
  • Options
    Just to say, my mum keeps calling him Michael Oven.

And he's not a bad player, mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Manchester United striker Michael Owen's 2010 World Cup hopes have been hit after he was told by Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson he will only be used as a back-up striker".

LOL. Fergie's finally got him sussed! Wonder how much it is costing the Manc's per week for this bit of benchwarming?

Not looking such a bargain now!
  • Options
    Will start to get more game time now the Champions League kicks in I'm sure

only Rooney and Berbatov ahead of him and they can't play every game - long season lies ahead, injuries etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Will start to get more game time now the Champions League kicks in I'm sure

only Rooney and Berbatov ahead of him and they can't play every game - long season lies ahead, injuries etc

He'll still be a quality impact player off the bench. He only needs one chance to score.
  • Options
    always liked Owen. he may not put in man of the match performances, but knows where the goal is and scores consistantly at the highest level. even at Newcastle he had a good goals to games ratio. his record speaks for itself. good luck to him
  • Options
    Got to be a better option at the world cup ahead of C Cole and J Defoe. Has constantly scored against best defenders in world and could reach 20 goals this season, albeit with a fair few of those in cups and early stages of Champions League
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]"Manchester United striker Michael Owen's 2010 World Cup hopes have been hit after he was told by Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson he will only be used as a back-up striker".

LOL. Fergie's finally got him sussed! Wonder how much it is costing the Manc's per week for this bit of benchwarming?

Thought he was on a play and pay deal?
  • Options
    Leaburn with out the heading ability
  • Options
    No shit Sherlock - Owen was always back up striker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]"Manchester United striker Michael Owen's 2010 World Cup hopes have been hit after he was told by Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson he will only be used as a back-up striker".

Thought he was on a play and pay deal?
    I'm fairly sure he is on that sort of deal, I would take him for that sort of deal, not sure he would be on the bench ahead of Mcleod though