Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Admin question

2»

Comments

• Options
    stab away ali. i dont think i could possibly be more bored than i am now on a friday night. im now intrigued.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]stab away ali. i dont think i could possibly be more bored than i am now on a friday night. im now intrigued.

Welcome to married life my friend!
  • Options
    Jeez fellas, you must be bored. OK, this is a simplified version based on how I assume it must work rather than any insider knowledge.

Every comment is stored on a database with a unique id number, and then each thread has a list of the id numbers of the comments that belong to it, and the position of the comment in the thread. When you load page one of the thread it goes off to the database and says, give me the id numbers of comments in position 1-40 on thread number 12345. So the database comes back with 236532, 236732, 237433 etc, then goes off to the comment list to find out what these comments say, and puts the text of each comment on the page.

With me so far?
  • Options
    Yadda yadda yadda - I lost you after fellas :-)
  • Options
    I lost him after Jeez well slightly before Jeez actually
  • Options
    I did warn you it was dull....
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So why don't we make the list longer?
    Like Nigel Tuffnels amps went up to 11 in Spinal Tap..easy if you ask me.