Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lambert named as new Norwich manager.

Looks like Colchester's 7-1 trouncing impressed the Norwich board, big blow for Colchester after a promising start.

Comments

• Options
    Could they (Colchester) be in for Parky or Kinsella?
  • Options
    Had a read on whats gone on .... not very nice on Narwich really
  • Options
    Kit?
  • Options
    He'll do well there, but it doesn't seem like a good way of doing business.
  • Options
    Matt Holland to take over at Colchester?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Had a read on whats gone on .... not very nice on Narwich really[/quote]

tell me more... please.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Had a read on whats gone on .... not very nice on Narwich really

tell me more... please.

Colchester not happy
  • Options
    Cheers, not nice but the nature of football. Doesn't the Premier league have rules preventing poaching of managers during the season? Hopefully Colcjester will be compensated, in the meantime lets hope Lambert screws up at Norwich.
  • Options
    But unlike normal poaching of managers this has a ring of everything being agreed before contact was made, usually it is a quick would you be interested and not a full discussion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A bit like clubs that sign Defoe or Arry, you can be surprised when he does the dirty on you. Lambert has walked out on a number of teams, so personally, I'd not hire him. If he does well he'll drop you like a hot potato.
  • Options
    Where will he take Noriwch this season? This has the smell of one or both teams dropping like stones.
  • Options
    job was offered first to Ray Lewington, first team coach at Fulham, on the basis that he had to resign first so Narwich could avoid compo. He refused. Lambert obviously has no morals.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]A bit like clubs that sign Defoe or Arry, you can be surprised when he does the dirty on you. Lambert has walked out on a number of teams, so personally, I'd not hire him. If he does well he'll drop you like a hot potato.

Exactly. If Defoe has a storming season (looking likely) and Man Utd came in with £25m next summer, Defoe would be off like a shot.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/colchester_united/8715286.stm
    Norwich City have been forced to pay £425,000 compensation to Colchester United for manager Paul Lambert.

A Football League tribunal has also fined the Canaries £200,000, of which £125,000 is suspended for two years.

A Colchester statement said: "We are satisfied with the compensation figure as we had originally asked for £400,000.

"Norwich were originally prepared to pay us £160,000, which they subsequently reduced to £126,000 before increasing it to £180,000 and then £213,000.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]job was offered first to Ray Lewington, first team coach at Fulham, on the basis that he had to resign first so Narwich could avoid compo. He refused. Lambert obviously has no morals.

as I said above, all pretty underhand by Delia's mob although she probably didn't know what was going on. Glad that Narwich have been hit hard and Colchester have got suitable recompense.
  • Options
    Although thinking about it from Charlton's point of view, Colchester getting £425k isn't good for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Although thinking about it from Charlton's point of view, Colchester getting £425k isn't good for us.

No but good on them. They asked for 400k, Norwich said no and now they have to pay 425k plus a 200k fine! I'm sure Norwich aren't too bothered though seeing as they won the league.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Although thinking about it from Charlton's point of view, Colchester getting £425k isn't good for us.

No but good on them. They asked for 400k, Norwich said no and now they have to pay 425k plus a 200k fine! I'm sure Norwich aren't too bothered though seeing as they won the league.

Thats the best £425k Norwich will ever spend, superb bit of business.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Thats the best £425k Norwich will ever spend, superb bit of business.

Not really, they are 20 million plus in debt so finding 425,000 for a manager is not ideal as far as they are concerned!!!

They will have to ask their bank manager very nicely for extra funds that they wanted to spend on new players.

Lambert, of course, will be off within 18 months anyway once a big club comes calling, probably Celtic.