Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fiat 500

edited August 2009 in Not Sports Related
I'm a driving instructor with BSM (yes i know all the negative things people think about them but a job's a job!) and as some of u may know the firm are changing cars from vauxhall to these little fiat things, anyone have one? or driven one? just wondered how the handling is, clutch, general feel of the car etc. Pick it up on friday and not really looking forward to it !

Comments

• i think they are great cars, not driven one, but sat in one as a passenger.

i know they are a bit girly, but i wouldn't mind driving one!
  • Is it like a Valiant 500?
  • I suspect that the 500's are being introduced because they are perceived to be cooler than the Corsa, which is a bit of a shame as a I was a late learner an I had lessons in The Corsa, 500, Mini and Ford focus.

Of them all I though the Focus and the 3-door Corsa were the best to drive, although that might have something to do with the fact that I am 6' 3". I found the 500 a bit poky, slightly girly and I didn't feel particularly safe once I got onto the A roads and got a bit of speed up.

In short, if I was a girl, gay or 20ish years old, I'd go for the 500 every time. Personally I prefer the Ford Focus.
  • Ford Focus is a great car, but it's actually a size up from the supermini and the fiat 500 for me is very small for a supermini. I've driven virtually every generation of Corsa's and I think they're super shit, awful things to drive. Yes they have improved stability wise over the years, but that's about it. The Fiat 500 is a great fun car, although I prefer it to the Corsa I'd have to say in a straight choice between the two it'd have to be the Corsa. If I only had me handbag I'd choose the 500 but wtf else can you fit in it?

They were introduced as Vauxhall stopped giving free cars to BSM, whilst Fiat opened their advertising budget to BSM.
  • i would recommend the punto over the 500 driven both and punto is much smoother and easier
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]In short, if I was a girl, gay or 20ish years old, I'd go for the 500 every time. Personally I prefer the Ford Focus.[/quote]

Thes 3 do seem to be the main customer group for the 500, but you are also forgetting the middle-aged balding man with a pony tail.
  • Drove a 500 a few times as a hire car.

Was a great car to drive. Responsive and nippy when it needs to be. The sport mode was great fun when zipping up the a' roads round rutland water.

From what I remeber the clutch pedal comes up very high which I found a little awkward at times but that was the only downside.