Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charltons League 1 Progress Graph.

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
Right, probably not a lot of you remember my thread from last season where I made some graph or another...
Well I've now made another... Comparing our points to the promotion places in League 1.
The way I have got the calculations for the promotion places is the average points for 1st, 2nd and 6th (last play-off position) over the past 5 years.
I shall then track our points and we can compare whether we are over the average for whatever we are trying to achieve (most likely automatic promotion).

If anyone is interested the averages were:
1st ~ 91.8 points. ~ 1.995 points per game. (3 decimal places)
2nd ~ 84.2 points. ~ 1.830 points per game. (3 decimal places)
6th ~ 74 points. ~ 1.608 points per game. (3 decimal places)

So... not a lot else to say I think. Here's the graph.

(PLEASE LOOK AT THE SECOND GRAPH, ATTACHMENT PROBLEM AT THE MOMENT. :s)

Comments

• Options
    This is good, keep it up through season if you can...can it go any bigger, and the colours brighter for an old mans eyes? If not this is still good, thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Mmm, I shall have a look for you. :)

EDIT:
    Nope I can't seem to adjust the size of the image at all.
    If anyone has any suggestions on what I could change the colours to, feel free to post your ideas.
  • Options
    How about red for Charlton, yellow for avg points for champs, green for auto promotion & black or grey for last playoff place? You could make the font 2-4 points bigger too maybe? Nice work mate it'd be a good sticky thread.
  • Options
    Nice work, Jake! You could keep editing this thread throughout the season, so that the chart on your first comment is always the "latest" position.

And, what you could also do is tell us before each game whether Charlton need to win or draw that game to make sure we'll be "on par" for 1st, 2nd or play-offs.

Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    The way our line is going we'll be Champions by game 32
  • Options
    Nice work mate are you going to carry it on throughout the season?
  • Options
    Yes, I do plan to continue for the whole season :D
    Also, it may make it too complicated, but if anyone has a team they wish to be added to the graph, I'd be more than willing to :)
  • Options
    Would it be possible to find out who our nearest rivals are week-on-week? (I'm assuming Charlton are gonna do pretty well.) A secondary graph comparing us to our latest rivals might be topical?
  • Options
    Maybe an idea to compare a chart with the london teams in our league
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]The way our line is going we'll be Champions by game 32

We always get promoted at Carlisle.

This year we go to Brunton Park on 31 October ...... !!!!!!

:o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jake - can you add a trend line in?
  • Options
    Well done Jake – keep posting
    Only one snag your chart only shows a possible 100 points tally ?????

And of course by the end of the season the Addick’s are going to exceed that total !!!
  • Options
    Jake - try and resist the temptation to add in too many other teams. (After all, if we want to know how every team is doing at any point in the season, we can just look at the league table!)

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

And, what time Tuesday night will you be updating the chart? I want to know where we are after the Orient game!
  • Options
    Just leave it Charlton Jake, good work mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Just leave it Charlton Jake, good work mate

Agree, think it'll work best how it is already.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the positive comments :)
    I'm always normally on the laptop late late nights (15 year old with nothing to do, lol).

So sometime on Tuesday night, if not definately Wednesday :)
  • Options
    Good work Jake...

If I read it properly, then we need to be on 21/22 points after ten games to be on track for a promotion place.
  • Options
    Look at the enthusiasm buzzing around when we are doing well. A couple of defeats and everyone will be telling Jake to poke his graph where the sun dont shine ............... :-)
  • Options
    good stuff jake, will be very interesting to follow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Look at the enthusiasm buzzing around when we are doing well. A couple of defeats and everyone will be telling Jake to poke his graph where the sun dont shine ............... :-)
    No! It's after a couple of defeats that the graph will come into its own. It's easy to see where we're going when we win every match... but after one or two defeats, it's much more important to see the bigger picture.

Keep up the good work Jake!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Jesus 91 points plus to win this league, that's pretty high. Maybe it's because I'm thinking of the champ where only really Reading in the last few years have smached through the 90 point barrier.

I actually took the time to look at previous years Leagu One Tables and it seems that the point tally is generally lower in this div, counter to my instinctive reaction. Poiting to the reality that it may be easier to remain in contention through bad patches. I think our first 11 is OK-Good, but it will struggle in winter even without injuries.... unless we sign a few more tough characters.

I should add Jake that this is an excellent post and insightful piece of data. For me the Perfect Thread.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]Would it be possible to find out who our nearest rivals are week-on-week? (I'm assuming Charlton are gonna do pretty well.) A secondary graph comparing us to our latest rivals might be topical?

Yes have a look at the league table :-)
  • Options
    Great 85 points to go!
  • Options
    Excellent....but why not change the name of the thread if we're going to be looking at it all season?

How about: 'Charlton League Progress Chart'
  • Options
    Updated.
    It'll start to take shape soon ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Great 85 points to go!

Great 82 points to go!
  • Options
    82.8 points actually :o
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JakeCAFC_94[/cite]82.8 points actually :o

lol Jake.

I stand corrected !

;o)
  • Options
    Gonna update this now :)

76.8 more points needed :D
  • Options