Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The two Norwich fans who ran on the pitch

Within their rights to protest and good on them for showing some passion or did they go too far in entering the field of play and attacking verbally a club legend in Gunn.

All posters mentioning "country going to the dogs/PC/new labour/the good old days or nanny state" will be shot. : - )

Comments

• Options
    Country going to the dogs

Will they get their season tickets back?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Within their rights to protest and good on them for showing some passion or did they go too far in entering the field of play and attacking verbally a club legend in Gunn.

All posters mention "country going to the dogs/PC/new labour/the good old days or nanny state" will be shot. : - )

Went too far and will get fairly long bans i expect.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Country going to the dogs

Will they get their season tickets back?

Will they want them back.

PS Look out for the snipers
  • Options
    Ban them? Why? They should be made to return and watch every Norwich match, home and away, that I think is a suitable punishment.
  • Options
    Go to feel for them. Am sure there would have been a similar scenario at ours if we'd lost like that.
  • Options
    The one who hit Gunn has been brought into the squad for The Oval
  • Options
    Bit premature IMO. Let's be honest Norwich won't come up against a striker of Kev's class every week!
  • Options
    Bloody "New" Labour.
    Ban them along with Vince.........
    In my day people wouldn't go onto the pitch..........
  • Options
    Good luck to them.Remember a few years back,Spurs fans throwing their season tickets back in protest for something or other,on the last day of the season!!!

Typical spurs.Good on the carrot crunchers i say.
  • Options
    They should not have the right to enter the Carrow Road again. What they did was in clear breach of the terms of a League football ticket.

They wouldn't do that sort of thing if they were attending a horse race meeting or, say, going to the dogs. And I am quite prepared to put that in writing on my PC. I wouldn't go as far as to say they need any further punishment than being banned, even though some people would say that they should do several years' hard labour and perhaps some new labour on top of that. But I think they should be forced to watch some old rubbish TV programmes, like that one that ran on the BBC from 1953 to 1983, from Leeds City Varieties, which was a sort of Edwardian variety show, called the Good Old Days. And they shouldn't be allowed to watch football on TV either. Not even the Community Shield, like this weekend's game between Man U and Chelsea. (Actually I saw that game, poor old Nani - he was in a right state at the end.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stupid as it was the first game of the season, so definitely too far
  • Options
    It's been this way since the Communist party took over Britain and set up a nanny state.
  • Options
    Felt for em to be honest. They will be banned , and maybe that aint a punishment !

as for the rest i blame Ken Livingston,Harriet Harperson,Tony/Cherrie Blair, that c__t Brown, students, and anyone to the left of Gengis Khan.
  • Options
    I think anyone saying "it's the first game" lacks empathy. Those fans have probably been sick to the gut about the way the club has been run for at least the apointment of Roeder's (their Dowie) and have seen this mess coming for a while and been complaining about it for 60 odd games. I'd guess that when Colchester sticks five past you in the first half, at home, you probably realise that the time for sane action, is over. That said, the treatment of a genuine club legend is very sad (even if he is a horribly bad manager - replacing the best keeper in the league with a bloke who looked like he was used to playing rush goalies, for example, was madness).

Always why I would be wary of putting a legend status player in the job. If Chris Powell was our manager and as bad as poor Gunny, it'd be agony. There was an element of it with Pardew, but he was never quite held with the level of affection that a Rufus, Kins, Browny, Clive or SirChris was; which I think was a major factor in the amount of time it took (some of) us to realise he wasn't much good.
  • Options
    I absolutely agree with all of the above and I mean ALL of it.
  • Options
    i heard that they were in fact trying to make a quick exit and the stewards were under strict instructions to keep all 26,000 in for the full season because theyd never get that many again. the beating in the back of a police van seemed like a breath of fresh air compared to the torture of a potential 5 minutes of injury time!
  • Options
    if that had been us 5-0 down at home to colchester before half time I'm not sure I'd have been able to control myself.

Just heard they've both got police cautions, no mention of any ban on the news yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]if that had been us 5-0 down at home to colchester before half time I'm not sure I'd have been able to control myself.

you may well get the chance to find out ;-0
  • Options
    I completely sympathise with them, but if you encroach over the fence/stands etc, you are breaking the law, end of.

But, the punishment should fit the crime, a caution by the OB, and hopefully Naarwich will see good PR sense and allow them back in, even if after a couple of games ban etc (which would still be too much for me) otherwise I can see most football fans turning against the club and it being a total PR disaster for them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I completely sympathise with them, but if you encroach over the fence/stands etc, you are breaking the law, end of.

But, the punishment should fit the crime, a caution by the OB, and hopefully Naarwich will see good PR sense and allow them back in, even if after a couple of games ban etc (which would still be too much for me) otherwise I can see most football fans turning against the club and it being a total PR disaster for them.

Yeah but what if they let these two off and then 10 guys come on at the next game. I have a small amount of sympathy but these guys will get a ban, as an example has to be set that it was unacceptable behaviour. What if they'd not been restrained?? Would they have assaulted Gunn because his team so royally f*cked it up on the pitch?? I'm a fine one to say it but it is after all, only a game. It's not like Gunn wanted that to happen. Venting frustration in the stand is one thing, but these two went too far. DA9 I really think you're right when you mention the PR disaster that Norwich are facing but they'll get it from either side, no matter what they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it is a minimum 1000 quid fine as well these days.
    My mates workmate streaked at the first or 2nd 20/20 finals at Edgbaston and got done.
  • Options
    I know the feeling. Remember when we were shipping goals against Leeds and the Valley almost emptied by haf time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]I know the feeling. Remember when we were shipping goals against Leeds and the Valley almost emptied by haf time.
    Conga in the NUpper!!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]I know the feeling. Remember when we were shipping goals against Leeds and the Valley almost emptied by haf time.

I stayed to the bitter end that day, never forget the feeling that Leeds absolutely killed us that day & I thought that within a couple of seasons, Leeds would win the league - how wrong was I :0)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]if that had been us 5-0 down at home to colchester before half time I'm not sure I'd have been able to control myself.

Just heard they've both got police cautions, no mention of any ban on the news yet.[/quote]

nah we would just do the conga as we did when Leeds beat us 6-1 at the valley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]

I stayed to the bitter end that day, never forget the feeling that Leeds absolutely killed us that day & I thought that within a couple of seasons, Leeds would win the league - how wrong was I :0)
    were Leeds not bottom of the table then?
    Or was that when they beat us 1-0 at The Valley ?
  • Options
    I think you're right, wasn't Peter Reid manager come to think of it.
    Although Harry Kewell ripped us apart when they scored 6 - someone help me!
  • Options
    Fans banned over pitch invasion

The Warmans confronted coaching staff during the first half
    Two Norwich City fans who ran on to the pitch on the opening day of the Football League season have been banned indefinitely from Carrow Road.

Mark and Daniel Warman threw their season tickets at the then manager Bryan Gunn when the team were losing 4-0 to Colchester in the first half.

Chief executive David McNally said the incident had been "costly" to the club.

It had to order an independent safety inquiry and policing bills for match days have since risen, he added.

Mark Warman, 43, and 18-year-old Daniel Warman were held back by kit manager Manny Fowler as they confronted Mr Gunn near the dug out.

Worst home defeat

Much of the capacity crowd left Carrow Road well before the final whistle when the Canaries lost 7-1 to Colchester on 8 August.

It was the worst home defeat in Norwich's 107-year history.

The two season ticket holders continued to confront staff while being led away in the tunnel and were later cautioned by police.

"In real terms this incident alone has cost Norwich City Football Club a five-figure sum," said Mr McNally.

"It is totally unacceptable to run on the pitch and physically confront members of staff.

"Recent events at Upton Park have highlighted the very serious risk to public safety pitch invasions and unruly behaviour can pose."

Safety procedures on match days have been changed and the independent inquiry is continuing, he added.
  • Options
    Good
  • Options
    Phil should have had a word with his relatives