Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Mills

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
has retired. Oh well. On another note I wonder how Matt Holland is feeling as he fails to start a season for the first time in donkey's years. Personally I'm surprised he hasn't been snapped up by someone but I'd guess he won't want to uproot his family either. Wouldn't surprise me if he packed it in as well.

Comments

• Also shocked mot been snaped up useful player in any squad
  • Surely we could've offered him a monthly deal , you don't get experience like that for free usually
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]has retired. Oh well. On another note I wonder how Matt Holland is feeling as he fails to start a season for the first time in donkey's years. Personally I'm surprised he hasn't been snapped up by someone but I'd guess he won't want to uproot his family either. Wouldn't surprise me if he packed it in as well.

I heard that last night as well as he was doing the Boro v Sheff U game on the Radio,would have had the old Danny Mills back like a shot but not the twat he turned into.
  • Unfortunately my main memory of Mills will always be him getting himself sent off. He played like a twat that day.

Another former Charlton player joins the ranks of media punditry.
  • just to confirm it's Holland I meant not that twat Mills
  • Got the impression that Mills was never really 'liked' at Charlton at least by the management, no proof of this just a hunch,

Personally speaking I thought he was a greatly underappreciated player, that people confused with his 'image' and his ability.

Yes he could be a little 'physical', and his reputation was not perfect, but the guy too me like Chris Perry, Steve Brown and Chris Powell alway did a decent job, or you felt TRIED to.
  • On Soccer AM now
  • Seems like a really good guy and promoting a very worthy cause. Well done Danny.
  • He kicked anyone yet ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]He kicked anyone yet ?

Baby Elvis about 10 seconds after your post!
  • Sponsored links:

• Only remember him nowadays for what he quite shamelessly did in his last game for us when he deliberately got himself sent off a few days before Christmas so he could spend it with his family....he already knew he was going to leave us in the January window and that this would be his last game if he got sent off....I emailed him to point out that what he did was about 'as subtle as a fart in a space suit'.......he didn't reply of course.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Only remember him nowadays for what he quite shamelessly did in his last game for us when he deliberately got himself sent off a few days before Christmas so he could spend it with his family....he already knew he was going to leave us in the January window and that this would be his last game if he got sent off....I emailed him to point out that what he did was about 'as subtle as a fart in a space suit'.......he didn't reply of course.

I e-mailed him as well to remind that he'd said that whilst he may have played 'close to the edge', he'd never cheated. He didn't reply to me either.
  • Sorry, but for the reasons stated above the man will always be a c*** in my eyes.
  • edited October 2009
    and he's a united fan off_it!
  • he admitted to me he deliberatly got sent off so he could stay home for the xmas period.

still think he is a nice bloke??

he is a muggy no mark fool who i should have chucked over the balcony at the o2
  • For your info NLA...he's doing next year's Brighton marathon in a wheelchair for ASBAH, a Spina Bifida charity, I think he's Vice-President - bear in mind his son Archie suffered from and died as a result of Spina Bifida. I think he's also planning to spend a week in a wheelchair to raise money and profile for the charity.
  • Can i just ask how we know he did it deliberately? Did he admit to it?

I wasnt aware of this, thats why im asking.
  • You only had to be at the match, a 1-1 draw at home to time wasting and niggly Hull City, to witness a shocking unprofessional performance. And that was all through the game, not just the incident in which he contrived to get sent off.

Now if he's putting his retirement to good use and spending time raising awareness of Spina Bifida which claimed his own son's life .... well, credit where it's due.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Can i just ask how we know he did it deliberately? Did he admit to it?

I wasnt aware of this, thats why im asking.

I asked him out right , why did he do it and he told me he wanted to be home a xmas said he didnt care he was not going to be here after xmas he felt Charlton had not respected his contract and he owed them fuk all

So he does things for charity good on him putting something back, he is still a Knut and i wish i had still thrown him off the balcony
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

So he does things for charity good on him putting something back, he is still a Knut and i wish i had still thrown him off the balcony

quality!