Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

west country addicks

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm in Bristol, mainly doing aways as it seems to take less time to get to manchester than it does the valley due to public transport!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    mate i was travelling to the valley from bristol for the two years , it is ridiculous how long it takes!!!! gave up my st this year because it was just too much but i'm getting that urge again........
  • Options
    I'm in Bristol as well! But having lost swindon and bristol rovers as away matches this year, and yeovil being on boxing day, we're guna be lacking many 'close distance' away trips!!
  • Options
    Based in Devon about an hour West(ish) of Exeter.
  • Options
    Hmm, reminds me that Tavistock has been conspicuous by his absence since Torquaygate   :-)
  • Options
    Based in Devon about an hour West(ish) of Exeter.
    sound, if you head to any games drop me a mail... im between Exeter and Plymouth
  • Options
    I'm moving down to Bristol in October.
  • Options
    My train to London goes via Bristol, so could in fact meet up with Bristol based fans too... although id have to leave at 9am to arrive 5mins before kick off !
  • Options
    Ah I remember that trip. I grew up in Yeovil then went to Exeter Uni so was on those trains every other week.

• Options

The correct address for the West Country branch website is http://freespace.virgin.net/p.oconnor/
    More info there and an interesting homepage.
    The contacts page gives email addresses for committee members/ organisers etc.

The membership renewal pages suggest 2010/11 but i think its a typo since their fixtures list in the prediction competition is up to date. (Have duly let their webmaster know).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    sound, il drop someone on the list a mail
  • Options
    We met a nice man in one of the pubs in Exeter the season before last who was listening to our conversation and then stood up to chat and told us about him being part of the West Country Addicks, wearing his t-shirt.
  • Options
    Anybody going up to home games etc from Bournemouth or Southampton area?

I am the only remaining season ticket holder from what was a bunch of 8-10 regulars on the train!

Does this mean I will have to change my aftershave?
  • Options
    Given the ongoing train madness and fuel prices, I thought I'd resurrect this thread for rail discount/potential car share purposes. Any of us in the west country get to many aways feel free to give me a shout (I'm in bristol)
  • Options
    Someone has a very good sense of timing and is proper Charlton.
    Would live to hear what Martin thinks of Charltons situation now.
    Interesting meeting one would expect.
  • Options
    Would definitely attend if seeing family near Taunton at that time. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Hmm. Kent will be playing there, with their penultimate 4 dayer starting the previous day....

" BOGOF" ? 
  • Options
    I live in Wellington, just down the road from Taunton but, typically, my one week away this year means I won’t be able to get to that. 
    Mind you, I didn’t realise there was a West Country branch so that’s a bonus.
  • Options
    I live in Wellington, just down the road from Taunton but, typically, my one week away this year means I won’t be able to get to that. 
    Mind you, I didn’t realise there was a West Country branch so that’s a bonus.
    My mum was the ‘hon pres’ at one time when my parents lived near Taunton. They were invited to give a talk, and display his memorabilia about twenty years ago. A couple of branch members were kind enough to attend her funeral in 2015. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I use to belong to the group backalong .... Lester Trask was always very good to me and my then young son, with a steady supply of match tickets.

Living in Cornwall, it was always a bit too far to get to Taunton and home again for evening meetings, although often chatted to a few members who'd come  up to watch the game.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I use to belong to the group backalong .... Lester Trask was always very good to me and my then young son, with a steady supply of match tickets.

Living in Cornwall, it was always a bit too far to get to Taunton and home again for evening meetings, although often chatted to a few members who'd come  up to watch the game.

Yes, Taunton a bit too far from me in Truro.