Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hartlepool away ticket update

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
we had an allocation of 964 of which around a third have been sold. From 10am tomorrow they are on sale to all season ticket holders, maximum 4 per person.

So the anticipated rush didn't arrive then.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2009
    I think you misunderstand the purpose of restricting sales, Large.

The question we need to ask is, is there any possibility at all that if we put all the tickets on completely unrestricted sale at the outset we will sell out and therefore, for example, people who travel away regularly could miss out?

I agree it's unlikely in this case, but as we have discussed ad nauseam we are in a very unusual situation. If the club is taken over, the team is stronger than has been anticipated and we whack Wycombe there could be more people willing to travel than expected. It is also a new ground, which always has a significant impact on numbers.

The number you sell to the highest category of entitlement is not the point. The fact those people got priority is. You can only say that restrictions were not necessary if tickets go on general sale and do not ultimately sell out. And then only with the benefit of hindsight.

I don't see any harm in erring on the side of caution and in fact from the club's perspective it would be easier to have no restrictions at all.
  • Options
    It seems what ever the club does it gets criticised!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I think you misunderstand the purpose of restricting sales, Large.

The question we need to ask is, is there any possibility at all that if we put all the tickets on completely unrestricted sale at the outset we will sell out and therefore, for example, people who travel away regularly could miss out?

I agree it's unlikely in this case, but as we have discussed ad nauseam we are in a very unusual situation. If the club is taken over, the team is stronger than has been anticipated and we whack Wycombe there could be more people willing to travel than expected. It is also a new ground, which always has a significant impact on numbers.

The number you sell to the highest category of entitlement is not the point. The fact those people got priority is. You can only say that restrictions were not necessary if tickets go on general sale and do not ultimately sell out. And then only with the benefit of hindsight.

I don't see any harm in erring on the side of caution and in fact from the club's perspective it would be easier to have no restrictions at all.

all very valid points, understand completely and taken on board.
  • Options
    plus its an excuse to highight a benefit of VG.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]plus its an excuse to highight a benefit of VG.

a benefit ? Probably the only benefit (unless you are lucky enough to ever win of course !!)
  • Options
    This is discriminating against non ST supporters who live a long way from the Valley but support the team away. For example we go to most matches from Birmingham northwards but cannot get tickets for this game, as we can't afford the cost of travelling down to Valley and having season tickets.

I Have e-mailed the club about this bit they can't be bothered to reply - now in the days of Reg...........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]This is discriminating against non ST supporters who live a long way from the Valley but support the team away. For example we go to most matches from Birmingham northwards but cannot get tickets for this game, as we can't afford the cost of travelling down to Valley and having season tickets.

I Have e-mailed the club about this bit they can't be bothered to reply - now in the days of Reg...........

My nephew lives in Yorkshire and does not seem to have trouble following the lads "Ooop North", are you a Red Card Holder Lancs lad???
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it won't sell out and you'll get a ticket with no dramas! Good point though.
  • Options
    Its not discriminating at all - you chose to live in Lancashire.
  • Options
    Yes I'm a red card holder. I asked the club whether joining Valley Gold would help and they haven't answered, and as I don't have an ST I'm assuming its not worth phoning to get tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Yes I'm a red card holder. I asked the club whether joining Valley Gold would help and they haven't answered, and as I don't have an ST I'm assuming its not worth phoning to get tickets.
    Ask around, quite a few ST holders on the site don't go to away games and should be able to sort you out.
  • Options
    What could be more loyal than being a season ticket holder....?

Why have a scheme that only the more financially affluent can subscribe to....?

Valley Gold is just a scheme to fleece the loyal supporters, it is totally unnecessary...

Just another money making exercise at the expense of the fans...
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Valley Gold is just a scheme to fleece the loyal supporters, it is totally unnecessary...
    Rubbish. I'd like to know how the state of our academy would of been in the past and the present if VG was not in place.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Valley Gold is a significant financial contributor to the club, but any season-ticket holders who has previously bought away tickets had the same level of priority as Valley Gold season-ticket holders for Hartlepool. That would apply wherever those people lived.

I would think the numbers of people who have never previously bought away tickets but decided to go to Hartlepool using their VG status is tiny if greater than zero.

We probably do need to think about the small number of away travellers who are not season-ticket holders because they live outside the SE, but I don't think it's unreasonable that we discriminate in favour of season-ticket holders among people who live locally.
  • Options
    i'm not in valley gold and have never not been able to get a ticket.

off the top of your head airman, how many aways have we actually sold out since dropping from the prem?
  • Options
    Very few, and there have been few restrictions either.

However, in the Third Division I believe more people will want to travel to grounds that on average are closer, they are less likely to have visited and where there is less capacity. So I think we do need a policy and one reason for putting it in place now is to explore how it works.
  • Options
    apart from the london games I doubt very much if we will take any more than 600-700 to away games this season, new ground or not.

I have been to most away games since we dropped out of the Prem and can't remember taking much more than 600 other than Palace, Watford, Reading, southampton, Ipswich & norwich. Now we are in League one (div 3) can't see this getting any better.

Hartlepool may be a new ground to many (is to me) and may be the first away game, but distance and the fact we are cr*p means we won't sell our 900 odd allocation.
  • Options
    I think the fact that we have sold 300 odd, in the state we are in and the general apathy amongst supporters shows that away numbers will possibly be a lot better this season.

We often didnt take more than 3-400 to a load of games last season.

Considering these havent gone on general sale yet, I think there is a realistic chance we will sell the vast majority.
  • Options
    I thiunk
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]apart from the london games I doubt very much if we will take any more than 600-700 to away games this season, new ground or not.

I have been to most away games since we dropped out of the Prem and can't remember taking much more than 600 other than Palace, Watford, Reading, southampton, Ipswich & norwich. Now we are in League one (div 3) can't see this getting any better.

Hartlepool may be a new ground to many (is to me) and may be the first away game, but distance and the fact we are cr*p means we won't sell our 900 odd allocation.

Hartlepool is a bit of a special case because of the distance, but I think we will take substantial/maximum numbers (more than 600) to the London games plus Yeovil, Gillingham, Colchester, Bristol Rovers, Southend, MKD, Wycombe and Brighton - and possibly Swindon, Exeter, Southampton, Leeds and Norwich.

That's 16 out of 23 for a start!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Yes I'm a red card holder. I asked the club whether joining Valley Gold would help and they haven't answered, and as I don't have an ST I'm assuming its not worth phoning to get tickets.

Yes you will have priority obtaining away ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I phoned the club yesterday and apparently tickets will be on general sale on Monday and they expect to have plenty remaining after ST's have bought theirs on Saturday.
  • Options
    Hereford 209
    Hartlepool 348
    Orient 841
  • Options
    We'll probably sell a quite a few Orient tickets after we tonk Wycombe!
  • Options
    fair play to the 209 wanting to go to Hereford !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Hereford 209
    Hartlepool 348
    Orient 841

I'm going to all 3.
  • Options
    will be at all 3 for my sins
  • Options
    Airman Brown, will Orient tickets be available on the night?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Hereford 209
    Hartlepool 348
    Orient 841

All 3 for me as well with 1965jr in tow at Orient
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Airman Brown, will Orient tickets be available on the night?[/quote]

Too early to say, I should think. It's possible we might sell out the initial allocation late on and not get the extras, but that's just guesswork.