Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Might Be A Silly Question......But?

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Given that there were 5,100 people in the ground last night of which I reckon 100ish were from Ipswich why did I count 10 coppers in the away end, another 5-6 infront of the control room and no doubt a few more in the control room? I assume we have to pay for their pressence?.

I'm certain we have had a number of league games in recent years where we have had no coppers inside the ground.

Have the rules changed? Or had rumours of the "mass" protest planned by disgruntled fans filtered through?

Comments

• Maybe practicing ahead of the season and having a run-through of proceedures on a non-stressful match day?
  • Not sure and it might be worth asking Gary Davenport from the Fans Forum as he's on the safety committee but.....

I think friendlies, unlike league and cup games, are full cost recovery for the police so we have to pay for them. So having paid for them we might as well have them in the ground. That's the only reason I can think of and it's not a very good one.

Ketman's dad would know.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite] why did I count 10 coppers in the away end, another 5-6 infront of the control room and no doubt a few more in the control room?

Must've been an interesting game then!
  • Thought the same thing - totally un-necessary, but probably SOP.