Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seventies Xmas Records part one of an occasional series

Heard John Kennedy play a cover of this on XFM. Missed the name of the band. Post modern irony or just too young to remember.

Classic Chin/Chap BTW

Try to imagine, a house that's not a home
Try to imagine, a Christmas all alone
That's where I'll be
Since you left me
My tears could melt the snow
What can I do, without you
I've got no place, no place to go

It'll be lonely this Christmas
Without you to hold
Lonely and cold
It'll be cold, so cold
Without you to hold
This Christmas

Each time I remember, the day you went away
How I would listen to the things you wanted to say
I just break down as I look around
And the only things I see
Are emptiness and lonliness
And an unlit Christmas tree

Without you to hold
Lonely and cold
It'll be cold, so cold
Without you to hold
This Christmas

D'you remember last year, when, you and I were together
We never thought there'd be an end
And I rember looking at you then
And I remember thinking that Christmas must have been made for us
'coz darling, this is the time of year that you really, you really need love
And it means so very, very much
So if you're lonely this Christmas
Without me to hold
Well it will be so very lonely
Lonely and cold

Without you to hold
Lonely and cold
It'll be cold so cold without you to hold
This Christmas

Merry Christmas, darling, wherever you are

Comments

• Options
    Bleedin' hell Henry! What with the performance last night and now this, are you trying to get us all to slash our wrists?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Heard John Kennedy play a cover of this on XFM. Missed the name of the band. Post modern irony or just too young to remember.

don't suppose you sat up till the end of his show to hear him handover to brother sausage? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Heard John Kennedy play a cover of this on XFM. Missed the name of the band. Post modern irony or just too young to remember.

don't suppose you sat up till the end of his show to hear him handover to brother sausage? :-)

No, this was on Tuesday night coming back from the game. I've met John as he went to school with my sister-in-law and is still friends. My brother went to his stag do (Neil Young at the Fleadh)

WHich one is your brother? Only tend to listen in the car late at night but as an old man I'm asleep by 12.00.

BTW are Lucky Soul releasing it as a download. It is very funny for someone of my age to hear a cover of it.
  • Options
    my brother is on after john kennedy every night and also sits in with him most nights, they're good mates. john is a lovely bloke, always friendly and says hello at gigs that i go to. especially love his red trousers. if anyone looks less like a voice its john kennedy. buckshee felt wronged when i pointed out who he was once! hehe. my brother was with him tuesday as it was an exposure night, he couldn't make the football because of it. lucky him!

my brother is called jon but without an h. he does 1-6.

i'll find out and let you know!! great article for them in the london paper on tuesday night too.