Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Gray

edited July 2009 in Rumours
rumoured to have agreed terms and passed a medical at Barnsley. Only rumours mind. Either way in the meantime shouldn't he be turning out for us ?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]rumoured to have agreed terms and passed a medical at Barnsley. Only rumours mind. Either way in the meantime shouldn't he be turning out for us ?

Maybe we're concerned about him sustaining an injury which could scupper any deal.
  • Not really, probably been talking to Barnsley for a while. We've got nothing to gain from playing him.
  • Good riddance IMO. Not going to miss him at all

don't buy into this "would be good at this level" crap as he'd still get crap service and still has no pace or first touch
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Good riddance IMO. Not going to miss him at all

don't buy into this "would be good at this level" crap as he'd still get crap service and still has no pace or first touch

Agree
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Good riddance IMO. Not going to miss him at all

By that reckoning it wouldn't matter who we played up front then!
  • [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Good riddance IMO. Not going to miss him at all

By that reckoning it wouldn't matter who we played up front then!

by that reckoning we need strikers who are unpredictable, pacy and can make something happen for themselves
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Good riddance IMO. Not going to miss him at all

don't buy into this "would be good at this level" crap as he'd still get crap service and still has no pace or first touch[/quote]

By that reckoning it wouldn't matter who we played up front then![/quote]

by that reckoning we need strikers who are unpredictable, pacy and can make something happen for themselves[/quote]

Darren Bent? Andy Hunt?
  • Bent and Hunt were both infinitely better than Gray and would be perfect.

Dicko and mcleod could work out if they stay and Burton can do a job. There's a fair few journeymen at this level and a bit of knowledge will go a long way in this league and whilst they are not going to cut it in leagues above they are crucial to getting us promoted

we will need a blend of youth and experience and for me Gray offers neither at this level
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]...Either way in the meantime shouldn't he be turning out for us ?[/quote]

Why? If he gets injured we are lumbered with him and his salary until January at least and in the meantime we need to be giving McLeod/Burton/Dickson etc experience of playing to our system and squad. It's evident that he doesn't feature in our plans this season so lets start without him. The worst thing we could do is to play him in the friendlies and then drop him for another striker who isn't match sharp.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]...Either way in the meantime shouldn't he be turning out for us ?

Why? If he gets injured we are lumbered with him and his salary until January at least and in the meantime we need to be giving McLeod/Burton/Dickson etc experience of playing to our system and squad. It's evident that he doesn't feature in our plans this season so lets start without him. The worst thing we could do is to play him in the friendlies and then drop him for another striker who isn't match sharp.

Most interesting part of this post BFL is that you think we have a system ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• I didn't say it was a good system...
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]by that reckoning we need strikers who are unpredictable, pacy and can make something happen for themselves
    You do realise you've just described Kevin Lisbie, don't you?
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]by that reckoning we need strikers who are unpredictable, pacy and can make something happen for themselves
    You do realise you've just described Kevin Lisbie, don't you?

right now........I'd take him
  • Just walked past me in bromley
  • But I bet his cross was crap ;0)
  • who discribed Lisbie ? where ? cant see anyone saying useless idol c**t in any thread .
  • Unlikely I suppose but I'd like to see Gray and Mcleod as our strike force, with back up from Burton and Dicko. Dunno about Fleetwood.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]who discribed Lisbie ? where ? cant see anyone saying useless idol c**t in any thread .[/quote]

Like his replacements have been better than him