Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gills in for Dickson?

edited July 2009 in Rumours
Gillingham are trying to sign Chris Dickson for £50k, according to the Mirror this morning.

Not a chance i reckon.

Comments

• Options
    Some chap on 606 said this yesterday too - shame as I think he'd get a chance this year
  • Options
    No way will he be going for only 50k! He is proven at this level!
  • Options
    i believe he'll score a fair few for us this year....but it doesn't surprise me he's going
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]No way will he be going for only 50k! He is proven at this level!

In principle I agree but if we are desperate for the cash then who knows?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    50k will barely do nothing tbh in a football club, especialy one with 20-40mill debt
  • Options
    If we want £100,000 for unproven Fleetwood, then surely we'll be looking for at least double for Dicko
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]No way will he be going for only 50k! He is proven at this level!

In principle I agree but if we are desperate for the cash then who knows?

50k will barely do nothing tbh in a football club, especialy one with 20-40mill debt

Agreed again but it is catch 22 if the situation is desperate enough. Anything is better than nothing.

Hopefully we are not quite at that stage yet but as I said who knows?
  • Options
    Dickson is NOT proven at this level. What's he had? Part of one season that was good. Proven is doing it for at least a couple of seasons. Not saying he might turn out ok...but he's not proven at all.
  • Options
    If the club are that desperate for 50k then administration is only weeks away takeover (laughs) aside.
  • Options
    Cant believe this for a second, I can understand Gills Intrest as they wasn't willing to pay the £150,000 for Paul Benson now Stimson was willing to pay that amount for Simeon Jackson now i think Chris Dickson is a similar player in terms of ability so to sell him for £50,000 is a bit of a joke.

Think we do need to offload 2 forwards though but i think Dickson is one we should keep as his wages aint a negitive factor at this level and hopefully if he is on his game should put few League one defences under pressure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i'll be pissed off if we sell him and even more so if it's for 50k.

i really think he will do a good job for us this year.
  • Options
    shame about Dicko if this is true- was one to watch this year
  • Options
    If it's in the papers it must be true
  • Options
    I don't think he's that good, but he should be useful, not worth selling for £50k.

It says they've made a bid, not that we've accepted it, or think that's all he's worth. I doubt we'll sell him for only £50k, I mean that's about what we paid for him.
  • Options
    Saw him yesterday at Bluewater looked pretty happy!
    Hope he stays i saw him play for gills and he was brilliant which the right kind of manager Dickson could have a great year!
  • Options
    Got to keep him IMHO. Hope he stays but am expecting a torrent of abuse for saying so.

* Sigh *
  • Options
    Unless we get £300K+ I would keep him.
  • Options
    keep him....he's the only one scoring at the moment !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]keep him....he's the only one scoring at the moment !

you what?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon Pericard could do someone a job in League One. I could see why Jackett bought him in. Big, strong, intelligent with the ball. Could be a handfull with a nippy little bugger to play alongside. I thought he did fairly well in the two games he played for us, and was really unlucky. Might not get as many goals as Kandol, but works a lot harder. I think we'd have got him back if we hadn't got Jason Price.....who's better than the lot of them.

Did you REALLY have someone called Mambo playing at No.5 on saturday?....
  • Options
    Yado Mambo CB no. 5
  • Options
    Superb.
  • Options
    Mambo usually wears five but in the Welling game he wore 6 :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Might not get as many goals as Kandol
    Good god!
  • Options
    I would not sell any of our players to those Medway Parasites not even Youga, or ever do any deal with their W***** of a Chairman.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]keep him....he's the only one scoring at the moment !

you what?

hasn't he got 3 goals in pre-season?, best tally of all of our so called strikers (I think - not really been taking to much notice of our pre-season, so I'm prepared to be proved wrong)
  • Options
    Pretty sure he does have 3.

For what we'd get for him, and what he did in his short experience on League One with Gillingham, he's not worth selling. He'll be useful, just can't be sure he'll score regularly. Though we probably won't be able to find anyone significantly better anyway.
  • Options
    A little bit of Shelvey in the sun........
    A little bit of Racon all night long.......
  • Options
    A little bit of Charlton in my life,

A little bit of Lloyd Sam on right side .

A little bit of Bailey's all I need,

A little bit of Dickson's all I see.

A little bit of The Valley in the sun,

A little bit of Shelvey all night long.

A little bit of Racon here I am,

A little bit of Charlton makes me your man!!!!!!!!

Mambo number five