Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I feel a lot happier now than 10 days ago.

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Not just with the additions but also the fact that many of our relegation rivals haven't done much prior to deadline day.

Diawara looks to have the attributes of Rufus by the description of him and Pouso will hopefully fill a hole in midfield. With Reid having a reasonable debut in a 10 man team for the last hour, the future's looking brighter.

I'm still going for a bottom half finish but looking more bottom 8 or 9 than bottom 5 or 6. Does anyone really believe a top half finish is realistic?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I believe a top-half finish is realistic; otherwise, why bother? Whether that is an overachievement for our squad and management team, I don't know, but it should be an aim, particularly at the start of the season, when there is everything to play for. Aims should then be re-assessed continually as the season goes on.
  • Options
    Everybody below 6th is so evenly matched that any team could conceivably finish in almost any position. It's all about stringing results together. I imagine 12 points will probably cover 6th to 16th, so a string of 4 or 5 wins can really elevate your final league position. Equally a string of defeats, especially aththe wrong time, can really hurt.
  • Options
    still can't believe after all the upheaval we only brought in 1 striker.

I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing a couple of players i know absolutely nothing about.
  • Options
    Pouso! "he's got a name like a fanny..."
  • Options
    O! Omar Pouso,
    What a goal!
    O, Omar Pouso what a goal...
  • Options
    I am sorry not to have Bolanos though. He looked to be a very skillful anc confident surprise package.