Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

End of seasons prediction then.

2»

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]9th

If I'm right what do I win?

CL badge?!?!? ;-)[/quote]

A season ticket...
  • eeerr....2nd....??
  • I'm relatively optimistic on one condition. A strong willed, imposing and dominant center half. We seem to have missed out on many of the free transfers that fit this but a clued up manager should be able to get someone in (?).

If we get a decent center half in we should be looking at mid-table, as injuries could ravage this squad in every department but midfield. From mid-table I think it'd be quite easy for players like Dickson, Burton, Mcleod, Youga and Richardson to have good seasons and with confidence a few wins pushes you towards play-offs; of course with virtually all those players mentioned we know what happens when they play in an un-structured team. Without a decent center half, all the good work of the midfield will be rendered useless and I dread to think what could happen. So I'll remain irrationally positive.
  • As of now wit only 2 weeks to the season to go and believing that Shelvey Bailey and Racon will be gone and now learning that John Fortune is going, then I say some where between 24 and 21, that is relegation.
  • I'm going for 15th and our usual early Cup exits. Won't be seeing much of this season unfortunately, or the following one, or the one after that unless I win my trial next month.

If not it's adios for a few years.

Up the Addicks
  • I'm impressed with the optimism on this thread considering all things and a bit encouraged and hopeful that we may do better than I'm currently thinking we will.
    If we keep our better players then in theory we should do well.
    I am just not convinced we are going to be able to hang on to them. I think we will be forced to sell them.
    But what do I know.
    A shaky start consolidating later in the season but outside the play offs.
    Challenging the season after.
  • Too many holes in the squad and not enough time to fill them

17th - relegated if llera gets injured early in the season
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]9th

If I'm right what do I win?

CL badge?!?!? ;-)

A season ticket...

Cool. Will it include my air fare from Perth?!
  • 16th, knocked out of all cups in the 1st round, Parky stays on as we can't afford to sack him, the board will keep saying that a takeover is on-going all season, but nothing will actually happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• 7th at Christmas and a long slide from January finishing 13th.
  • I don't think we have good enough goalscorers to be contenders. Defence always capable of letting a couple in.
    15th. Worse if we get injuries and have to play mambo and Solly too early. Better if the takeover actually happens and we get a few players in.
    Mind you, I thought we were doomed when Lennie took over and he got us up. Incredible!
  • edited January 2010
    Thought i'd dig this out to see how we're doing in relation to where a lot of people thought we'd be. Aside from the odd poster, most said mid-table. So we're clearly doing a whole lot better than a lot thought we'd doing so maybe we should all cut back on the moaning.
    Clearly the start we had winning 6 out of 6 (against average opposition to be fair) raised peoples expectations but we're 3rd in the table, 3 points off top and all our best players are still at the club. I think we'd have all settled for that back in July.

EDIT: Demodainty probably wishes he'd had a bet.
  • Cup remarks seem to be spot on!
  • Second just behind Norwich. Leeds are going to start falling away - too many games. They'll come 3rd.
  • CAFC will finish 6th, win the playoffs to gain promotion into the Championship for next season. Bailey and Burton to star in second half of season!!!
  • Swindon Champions
    Norwich 2nd
    Huddersfield 3rd
    Leeds 4th
    Colchester 5th
    Charlton 6th

We simply dont have the composure to win big play off games.
    Think Ipswich, but worse, when we got through.
  • lol swindon champions
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]Second just behind Norwich. Leeds are going to start falling away - too many games. They'll come 3rd.

Let's hope your prediction proves to be correct