Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If Ronaldo played in a friendly at Charlton would you.....

.....boo his every touch or feel priveleged to be watching the best footballer on the planet?

I watched the first half of Shamrock Rovers against Real Madrid last night and was absolutely stunned to hear the crowd ( or rather an audible section of the crowd ) boo Ronaldo every time he touched the ball. The biggest team in the world turn up to play a friendly and include the world's best player making his debut and that player gets booed. If Real Madrid played a friendly against Charlton and Ronaldo was booed every time he touched the ball I would be ashamed.

Comments

• Man U fans?
  • If he's the best player in the world, why does the tosser need to cheat all the time?
  • That was because loads of the crowd were Man U 'fans'.

I'd be delighted to watch him personally as he's one of the greatest footballers on the planet.
  • TT
    edited July 2009
    i imagine half the shamrock support are Liverpool or Man Utd fans first and foremost.

As for me, i wouldn't care if he played or not in a friendly against us. I certainly wouldn't boo but i wouldn't feel priveleged he turned up either
  • Boo.

Its all a bit of pantomine fun, isn't it ?
  • Like a lot of us, I've seen the Boy Ronaldo play several times at The Valley. I wouldn't boo, but I wouldn't be particularly excited by it either. Now if you were talking about the Man Ronaldo (the buck toothed fella that used to turn out for Brasil), I'd be very happy to see him play. Whatever happened to him?
  • I didn't boo him when he played at the valley however, I did cheer loudly when Kish kicked him up in the air! ;o)
  • I'd probably not boo anyone in a friendly to be fair.
  • The only reason people would boo is because jealousy, he is the worlds greatest player their's no need to boo him.
  • I only ever go to watch Charlton play...

*insert smug semi-colon smily thang*
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]I didn't boo him when he played at the valley however, I did cheer loudly when Kish kicked him up in the air! ;o)

was there not a clip they used to show on Soccer AM whith Ronaldo doing 5 or 6 stepovers in front of Graham Stuart, and then Stuart just booted him one and walked off into the box to defend the free kick.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Boo.

Its all a bit of pantomine fun, isn't it ?
    Well he is an actor!
  • BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Ronaldo is no worse than loads of footballers for play-acting, Gerrard being a prime example.

Booing saved for certain former players.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite] Now if you were talking about the Man Ronaldo (the buck toothed fella that used to turn out for Brasil), I'd be very happy to see him play. Whatever happened to him?[/quote]

The Brazillian Ronaldo was last spotted playing for AC Milan, he had tubbed out a bit by then, I think he got wedged in the tunnel at the San Siro and is still stuck there.

I don't bother booing the likes of the current Ronaldo, but the play acting side of him
    really is quite unappealing. I know a lot of them do it, but he is one of the worst.
  • I cannot forget the Rooney sending off, that plus his constant winging. The mans a prick.
  • [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite] Now if you were talking about the Man Ronaldo (the buck toothed fella that used to turn out for Brasil), I'd be very happy to see him play. Whatever happened to him?

The Brazillian Ronaldo was last spotted playing for AC Milan, he had tubbed out a bit by then, I think he got wedged in the tunnel at the San Siro and is still stuck there.

I believe he and Adriano have gone back to Brazil, and are scoring goals for fun.
  • [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]I cannot forget the Rooney sending off, that plus his constant winging. The mans a prick.

Never understood this view point. Rooney got sent off, quite rightly, for a vicious stamp into the groin of a Portugese player who was on the ground at the time. Ronaldo, as any player would do, expressed his disgust for this attack on his team mate to the referee. Admit the winking was not called for. But, it could never be argued that Rooney was sent off because of Ronaldo.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Ronaldo is no worse than loads of footballers for play-acting, Gerrard being a prime example.

Just before they score against us !!!!
  • ha ha , like we'd ever get a friendly against some decent foreign opposition
  • Sponsored links:

• Ronaldo seems quite stupid. If he were to play at the again Valley I'd trick him into signing a contract with us.

Fat Ronaldo plays for Corinthians of Brazil now (I think)...
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite].....boo his every touch or feel priveleged to be watching the best footballer on the planet?

I watched the first half of Shamrock Rovers against Real Madrid last night and was absolutely stunned to hear the crowd ( or rather an audible section of the crowd ) boo Ronaldo every time he touched the ball. The biggest team in the world turn up to play a friendly and include the world's best player making his debut and that player gets booed. If Real Madrid played a friendly against Charlton and Ronaldo was booed every time he touched the ball I would be ashamed.
    Can't stand the bloke wouldn't even bother booing him, but hopefully Man U will be playing Madrid in Champ's league and will be looking forward to Rooney tackling the living sh.t out of him.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Ronaldo is no worse than loads of footballers for play-acting, Gerrard being a prime example.

Glad you said that about Gerrard Dabos, as i thought i was the only one who thought he gets away with murder!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Ronaldo is no worse than loads of footballers for play-acting,[b]Gerrard being a prime example.[/b]
    [/quote]

Glad you said that about Gerrard Dabos, as i thought i was the only one who thought he gets away with murder![/quote]

Gewrrard may get away with murder on the pitch, but depending on the outcome of his court hearing for assault he may not get away with punching...
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Ronaldo is no worse than loads of footballers for play-acting,Gerrard being a prime example.

Glad you said that about Gerrard Dabos, as i thought i was the only one who thought he gets away with murder!

Gewrrard may get away with murder on the pitch, but depending on the outcome of his court hearing for assault he may not get away with punching...

With the world cup coming up I have a funny feeling he'll end up with a not guilty verdict, a suspended sentence or community service.
  • Ronaldo is on record saying he loves being boo'ed and jeered....so the fans gave him what he wanted. The booooing was all tongue and cheek and the idea of Ronaldo playing at Rovers for the fans was funny enough.
  • in years gone by we used to face great footballers like ronaldo and rooney in 'real matches' at the valley ...
    sadly it wasn't exciting enough for some cos the mere thought that we had no chance of beating the likes of man utd was too tough to take .....
    well at least now we can go to the valley with great hope and expectation that the odds of a victory will now be back considerably in our favour against the likes of hartlepool, wycombe and co rather than in those dark years of premiership football when we had no chance....