Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The answers

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Been away for a few days.Can someone point me in the direction of the answers to AFKA's questions to Mr Chappel please.( If there were any of course) Much obliged.

Comments

• Options
    "No Comment".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Been away for a few days.Can someone point me in the direction of the answers to AFKA's questions to Mr Chappel please.( If there were any of course) Much obliged.

There wasn't any but Chappel did tell him to phone him the next day. AFKA did and was basically told that an announcement would be made shortly and he couldn't say much else for legal reasons. See the O/S for the announcement if you haven't already.
  • Options
    Here it is- http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=27414
    Following on from the open letter i sent to Derek Chappell, i called him today and we had a brief conversation.

It was clear that legal instruction is very much governing what he could say or answer, but i respect him for taking my questions and thank him for it. Main points:

- The directors are working in the best interests of the company

- The size of the debts suggested in the MoS article were not true, and he referred me to the most recent accounts

- The legal instruction and advice which forced the cancellation of the Fans Forum meeting, was still in place.

- Could not comment on the potential press release, referring again to the legal instruction and advice.

So on the face of it there is not much there, however i think it indirectly answers a couple of major questions, depending how you interpret it.

Purely In my opinion, if the legal instruction and advice is still in place, then the potential takeover is still alive, which would also explain why the muted press release has not materialised.