Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Man City Players presented with new watch

From the BBC Gossip pages

The mega-rich owner of Manchester City, Sheikh Mansour, met the club's players at his palace in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday and presented each of them with a watch worth £168,000.

Comments

• Did John Terry get one?:-)
  • Be surprised half of them can tell the time.
  • I bet Adebayor moans because he missed out.
  • Absolute madness, sums it all up really the haves and have nots of English football when we are discussing trying to raise a similar total of money to try and protect the future of our club through the trust. But what can you do? We as fans would all be happy if we had similar owners. Goes back to comments on previous threads harking back to when we were going well so chelscum unsettle and buy our biggest asset.
  • Wonder if they considered extending a hand of friendship to their little rivals up the road and gave Alex Ferguson a watch too.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]From the BBC Gossip pages

The mega-rich owner of Manchester City, Sheikh Mansour, met the club's players at his palace in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday and presented each of them with a watch worth £168,000.

I wonder how many of them said "thanks, I've always wanted a watch."
  • Not really got a problem with this - it's his cash, not like it has been taken out of the club.
    I live in a 3 bed house when there is just me and the wife - maybe that should be considered extravagant and frowned upon.
  • Some of the watches had to go back. The hands were missing.
  • Mr one lung, was your extravagant house given to you as thanks for under performing in your job last year as well? Presumably adding to your £50k plus a week salary for under performing.
  • I wanted to watch once, but she wouldn't let me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Mr one lung, was your extravagant house given to you as thanks for under performing in your job last year as well? Presumably adding to your £50k plus a week salary for under performing.
  • Did the cost of all the watches come to 168k or 168k each? If each, blimey.

and Mronelung whats you living in a 3 bed house got to do with the price of fish?
  • Aparantly Charlton Dan has already got one !

:-)
  • I am just saying that is all relevant to who you are.
    In my world a 168k watch is unthinkable and not necessary but I certainly wouldnt turn it down. It didnt say it was a reward, it was a gift from the new owner.
    In some peoples world they might think the same of 2 people living in a house that has 3 bedrooms etc. I am sure some people on here have got expensive cars, that other people might think a waste of money too, but it doesnt make it wrong.
  • And to think that this watch is on top of 100k+ wages every week and a huge signing on fee as well. But they didn't go there for the money!
  • the administrators have kindly presented each of our players with a watch
  • very weak analogy. no one would bat an eyelid at 2 people living in a 3 bed house. a 168 grand watch each for a team that didnt go anywhere last season is ludicrous. still am sure if zabeel had taken over we would be happy for our players to also receive one...!
  • Can expect a few of their 15 bedroom houses to get 'done' in the not too distant future then.