Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bray v Charlton pre-season Jul 2009 - Match Thread (worth a read)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Was this really five years ago?

St Truiden was a methodist weekender by comparison.
  • Options
    Vaguely remember it.
    The Guinness wasn't cheap though.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

i reckon robbo on the wing and Frankie are blattered by now.

Remember the weather changing for the worse.
  • Options
    Remember ROTW and Frankie ringing when i was in spain with some rendition of a U2 song yes they sounded proper pissed.
  • Options

I think we played Bray in pre season 98/99 . It might have been the first tour of Ireland Charlton did

Not sure what year but deffo played out there way back then , think the game was on a Sunday against Bray and there was a Friday night match v St Patrick or someone ...... Too much alcohol consumed on the trip to care about the footy
  • Options

I think we played Bray in pre season 98/99 . It might have been the first tour of Ireland Charlton did

I went to this one , am sure afternoon delight & swerve were there ? memory aint great , only the other day i was talking to someone about a pre-season in bray . Think it was in 98 but not sure , I think afternoon delight and swerve etc were there though
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes I was there, we only managed to get the plane home afterwards because it was heavily delayed...... We missed the St Pats game because our cab driver got lost and took us to a field 20 miles away and said "here you go lads", can laugh about it now.
  • Options

Not sure what year but deffo played out there way back then , think the game was on a Sunday against Bray and there was a Friday night match v St Patrick or someone ...... Too much alcohol consumed on the trip to care about the footy
    Great days....nice place Bray.

First person we bumped into at Bray was Riscardo.....
  • Options

In flipflops and string vest, I like to blend in ...
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

In flipflops and string vest, I like to blend in ...
    and it absolutely pissed it down an hour before the kick off.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shag said:

I went to this one , am sure afternoon delight & swerve were there ? memory aint great , only the other day i was talking to someone about a pre-season in bray . Think it was in 98 but not sure , I think afternoon delight and swerve etc were there though
    I went to this one as well. It was a 3 game tour UCD (played at St Patrick's ground), Kilkenny City (Michael Reddy tore as to shreds that night - remember seeing Curbs deep in discussion with him and his parents after the game) and Bray on a Sunday night.
  • Options
    I'm working in Dublin for a while soon and Bohemians are playing Shamrock Rovers while I'm out there. I'm thinking of going, anyone on here been?
  • Options
    Yep went on this trip to Ireland.... St Patricks Athletic on Friday night then on the Sunday, a trip out to Bray Wanderers on the coast as I recall...with Saturday in between spent drinking all day (and night) in Dublin.....good times!
  • Options
    Shag said:

It was 98 Im sure because someone told me that Curbs is a superstitious person and refused to go back to Ireland after getting relegated that season.

Please can we go back... and tell us in plenty of time so we dont book holidays that clash!

• Options

Yes I was there, we only managed to get the plane home afterwards because it was heavily delayed...... We missed the St Pats game because our cab driver got lost and took us to a field 20 miles away and said "here you go lads", can laugh about it now.

And the stupid thing was the bloody ground was about 2 miles away from where we started off in the cabs...Great trip though :)
  • Options

I'm working in Dublin for a while soon and Bohemians are playing Shamrock Rovers while I'm out there. I'm thinking of going, anyone on here been?

Went to the game tonight. Ended up 1 1, plenty of endeavour from both sides but would fancy Welling against either of them.

Chizz might like the 2nd pic